What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will we play in the grand final?

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I might put a little slice pie on the Sharks to make the 8. Paying $6 and we have a pretty good draw for the rest of the season. The Storm and Panthers are the toughest games

Frenzy.

Immortal
I meant Manly are beatable if we didn’t have the hoodoo. Maybe this is the year to end it…

Won't ever beat it while "it's a thing"

While fans, journos, pundits and whoever keep spruiking these things it creates outside noise which teams can say they ignore, but it's probably next to impossible to fully ignore and then the cycle of "it's a hoodoo" lives on.

Players, coaches, trainers, officials DON'T talk about hoodoos. They just don't. Why would they bring the negativity into a game prep?

The cohort above are the ones, particularly fanny fans of a fanniest type.

Quigs

Immortal
Well it won't be Redcliffe nek season but I am penciling them in for 'Who we play in 2023'.

They might even be my new second best team. Any team that whiteants the Donks and they look a lay down to have the Creepin Jesus as their first coach which will piss them off even more.

It's going to be fun to watch it all unfold.

snout

First Grade
I reckon the Brisbane team get it.
The redcliife rumours are furphys.

NRL has wanted a game at suncorp every week for a years. Plus a bigger fan base in Brisbane where many locals hate the broncs.

Redcliffe would be like a suburban Sydney team.
They'd struggle to get supporters from outside their small area

R-15-3

Juniors
I reckon the Brisbane team get it.
The redcliife rumours are furphys.

NRL has wanted a game at suncorp every week for a years. Plus a bigger fan base in Brisbane where many locals hate the broncs.

Redcliffe would be like a suburban Sydney team.
They'd struggle to get supporters from outside their small area
They won’t be using Redcliffe as their name, will be along the lines of north Brisbane dolphins, east qld dolphins, etc etc.
Playing out of Suncorp and only having their base at Redcliffe, it’s only 40 min north of Brisbane and very close to the airport. By far the best option by a mile.

I will be a second team supporter of them providing NRL doesn't go over the top favouring them. Would be great to see them smash the boncs in their first game.

Quigs

Immortal
Might have to reassess my 'new' second best team considerations. I just saw a clip of the biggest munt in Australia promoting the campaign.

Why me Lord?

Far-can Potato Head Dutton is in on the band wagon. You just can' get any lower than that prick.

Might have to reassess my 'new' second best team considerations. I just saw a clip of the biggest munt in Australia promoting the campaign.

Why me Lord?

Far-can Potato Head Dutton is in on the band wagon. You just can' get any lower than that prick.
He's just a politician looking for votes anyway he can .Irrelevant .Not going to let a politician of any ilk ruin my enjoyment of the game. I do get a laugh out of his nickname though. The real Mr Potato head is better looking .

snout

First Grade
They won’t be using Redcliffe as their name, will be along the lines of north Brisbane dolphins, east qld dolphins, etc etc.
Playing out of Suncorp and only having their base at Redcliffe, it’s only 40 min north of Brisbane and very close to the airport. By far the best option by a mile.
Yep playing out of suncorp - which is what NRL wanted. I guess they keep their team in the BRL comp as their feeder to play out of Redcliffe stadium

Yep playing out of suncorp - which is what NRL wanted. I guess they keep their team in the BRL comp as their feeder to play out of Redcliffe stadium
hmmmm. Unless they are playing Bronx or another Qld side , I reckon they would get better crowds and extend their fan base playing in Redcliffe . or even Sunshine Coast now and then. Redcliffe and sunny coasters will be pissed if they have a team but have to go to Brisbane all the time to see them and are fed chicken feed with feeder club. They already got that.