What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Nuke

Staff member
The Callan boys are indeed Joondalup juniors. In consecutive years, Ollie (2018) then Luke (2019), they won the Giants Rookie Of The Year award (and Ollie the NRLWA equivalent in 2018 too). The year directly following their respective wins, Ollie went to London to play League, and Luke went to union. I understand both are doing the union thing now. I wasn't aware Zan has gone that way too. Shame.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The WA Harmony cup is under way. showing how multi-national the RL scene is in WA the cup brings together players from all across WA to represent their heritage. We’ve got players from the far north, the south coast, even flying in from cocos and christmas islands!

Here’s the lads from the cocos keeling islands getting their Indian Ocean territories jersey at the presentation at kings park.
1A89417D-DA02-4A6F-9807-9A2769615A99.jpeg

Attachments

• F9785293-FB21-4FDE-9ACE-D1DE55ED568A.jpeg
    F9785293-FB21-4FDE-9ACE-D1DE55ED568A.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ReddFelon

Juniors
Ollie Callan, Luke Callan and Zan Pomare all played juniors at Joondalup Giants and came through the u18s Pirates system. Also quite a few 1st grade players were poached last year using Twiggies money for 2021. No ill feeling towards the players, they are chasing a chance to play professional football and we don't have a direct pathway. Or at a club level players are looking to pick up some decent cash for their family. Let's not pretend we don't compete directly for players, we'll never work together.

You're right, I got Ollie and Luke confused with Connor and Jack who are at Joondalup Brothers. But that just adds to my point, all four boys played for either Brothers or the Giants, there is no aggressive anti one another rivalry in Perth.

I played for both Associates and South Perth in the 2000s throughout school. There was never any issue playing both codes. Unlike in NSW where the two are routinely at each others throats. I know plenty of people who would buy double memberships to HBF Park for both teams. I would literally be just one of those people who would support both teams. Just like I support the Wildcats, Scorchers and Eagles. Even living in the Gold Coast I still back all my Perth teams.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So with dolphins taking the red black and gold that Pirates colours were going to be we will def need something else.
colours used in perth so far
eagles blue/yellow
dockers purple/white/red and green
wildcats red and black
force blue and black
glory purple orange and white

I like black and gold or yellow (state colours) but not sure a mainly black colour works well in the heat of Perth, would go down well with the cashed up boguns though lol. Maybe turning it around and going Main
yellow with black? Would be unique but not sure how well it translates into merch, does anyone wear yellow? Or we could do a flip and steal the dolphins colours of red and silver maybe? Any other ideas for unique colours that might work?

32B0B25E-F5B2-4896-B58D-21D6EB19019A.jpegdolphins new merch

Colk

First Grade
So with dolphins taking the red black and gold that Pirates colours were going to be we will def need something else.
colours used in perth so far
eagles blue/yellow
dockers purple/white/red and green
wildcats red and black
force blue and black
glory purple orange and white

I like black and gold or yellow (state colours) but not sure a mainly black colour works well in the heat of Perth, would go down well with the cashed up boguns though lol. Maybe turning it around and going Main
yellow with black? Would be unique but not sure how well it translates into merch, does anyone wear yellow? Or we could do a flip and steal the dolphins colours of red and silver maybe? Any other ideas for unique colours that might work?

View attachment 55864dolphins new merch

Bastards. I don’t think I Iike these Dolphins and here I was thinking that everybody is supposed to love Dolphins.

Anyway I would go with Toomuchsoup’s jersey if Perth were to get in. Predominantly yellow with a bit of black and with red trim when playing in WA or in the heat and then the inverse when playing away

ReddFelon

Juniors
Black and White stripes for the Pirates. Jolly Roger.

Basically just the Barbarians jersey with a pirate skull in place of the insignia.
82011306W-BarbariansMatchShirtHero_900x900.jpg

Tigers1986

Juniors
tbf Borussia Dortmund are yellow and they've got a legion of fans who wear yellow. You've also got the Wallabies, the Hurricanes, and to a real lesser extent, the Phoenix

MugaB

Coach
20211020_211558.png

Can go with a mainly black and white like the ol reds used to be in '95 for their HeritageScreenshot_20210715-022507_Samsung Internet.jpg
Home
Screenshot_20211111-211455_Samsung Internet.jpg
Away
Screenshot_20211111-211353_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
Pirates really could just pick whatever colours they liked, state colours would be good but it isn’t exactly essential for colours to mean anything.

Nobody uses brown anymore, green is underused, if you go beyond the “basic” colours there would be millions of unused combos.

Nuke

Staff member
I tend to think the Dolphins official colours will be red & white with gold, and that the black we're seeing is just for off-field / merchandising purposes. Look at the current NRL clubs that use black or other colours for their polos, training gear, ect.

For mine, WC Pirates should be gold and black with red.

Dolphins jerseys will, I'm confident to say, be mostly red or white (depending on whether home or away jersey), so Pirates going with the mostly gold or black jerseys wouldn't clash with the Dolphins.

Latest posts