What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Blah blah blah, more excuses. Was it the NRL's fault we lowballed him and let the dogs swoop in with an offer that blew ours out of the water??? How do you not make Reed a priority??? He was a future club captain, it's just easier to scream about TPA's and the NRL apparently. This is all on the club and no one else.

We want to be a development club and we can't even keep the quality players that we actually develop. Can't wait for the Dickhead's CEO's email telling is all is well and we need to get behind the team blah blah blah!!
f**ken 'swooped in'. Do you really think Mahoney didn't give us an option to match their offer? We refused to match it, simple as that.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I def think we're in trouble as a club. I expect a nice explanatory email/press release from O Neill or Sarantinos. I'd be writing a nice angry email to the club if that doesn't happen.
sarantinos is probably sipping pina coladas in the world somewhere.

Hasn't been sighted since August.

MON and the chairman have been putting the statements out.

No sign of the CEO though

lucablight

First Grade
Journo this morning on SEN Vossy show suggested he has been offered $800k plus from the dolphins. He is stupid not to take that deal.
Of course Wayne Bennnett is on record as saying he would never offer above 500k to props but decides to go nuclear when it comes to stealing one of ours.

Soto

Bench
They have a shit team they are desperate to replace. We have too much talent in 2022 to fit under the cap in 2023. That's how the cap works. Why do you think the Storm keep losing players to shit clubs?
Reality is that they don't really lose the ones they want to keep. Eg.
This year JAC - wanted to move back to Sydney
Dale Finucane - retirement at sharks...has done his time
Hynes - wasnt going to play 2nd fiddle to Papenhuysen.
Whereas with us the blokes we are losing are on the up or in Nuikore's case is going home.
If the difference has been $50 or $100k per season to keep your more elite players then they have made a meal of it...the core group of players have remained with Melbourne for years.
Our club even did some analysis and used Melb as the test case where it concluded u need to keep in particular your 1, 6, 7 and 9...to remain successful
Melb have always been ok to let wingers and centres go BUT they have always replaced quickly and in some cases better versions of...

lucablight

First Grade
Well he said that a bloody long time ago when the cap was a lot less…..
The meaning is still the same. He was saying he wouldn’t spend a large portion of the cap on a prop and if he spends 800k on Junior he’s still going against his old message even if the cap has increased.

TheRam

Coach
Before we execute O’Neill I’ve just been informed that the offer was well north of $700k. No chance I’d be giving the little cauliflower eared bastard that much coin.

Does that figure include TPA's and if so how much were they to the club payment figure?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I get the impression we outsmarted ourselves by lowballing players and then genuinely getting caught off guard by clubs coming in and swooping in and stealing our players from right in front of our noses. I listened to a podcast a few months ago and Bernie was very confident in saying we will keep whenever we want to keep. Do you really think the club expected to lose Papali’i, Niukore and Mahoney?

With a new club in the mix the Club should have known that low balling players in this sensitive NRL market would get them absolutely no where.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see eve defenders out in force, and Pou rubbishing Mahoney already. He’s here for another 16 months these new rules are really tough on poor Pou.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well we still have Mahoney (on unders since we're not extending him) for 2022. His cap space will be spent on other players (some of them also on unders because Arthur's is good at getting players to overperform). This is how we stay strong.
Yay GIF by YoungerTV

Latest posts