What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can you answer the question and say whether you think it’s unreasonable or not? Everyone was jumping on the train going on about how unreasonable Papali’is reported contract amount was. Surely you can do the same here.
I would rather us be judicious with what we offer players becuase I back the club to find alternatives. It wasn't long ago that we were lifting our skirts for washed out f**kbags. My only criticism is that I would have preferred us to lock up Rheed and play hardball with Gutho.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The difference is we know what Gutherson will give us. He has done it for 4 or 5 seasons.
Rheed might be the next Cam Smith based on 2021. But his previous few seasons where just average. He is far from being a consistent 650k player.

Gutherson also wins most challenges at training. Teamates aim to beat him. This to me says a lot. He is the guy who sets the bar. All the young guys push themself harder to reach it.
We need a potential world beater, not a consistent looser.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jnr will be 29 at the end of next season. How long will he still be elite? I thought this year he wasn't as good as last. No harm in letting him go a year early. Better then 2yrs to late.

Must keeps are D.Brown, Moses and Penisini. Nice core and talent.
Anyhows we have about 15mths before 2023 kicks off. I reckon we will sign a few by then.
We only have about eleven players signed for 2023. We won't even be able to field a team ffs

Happy MEel

First Grade
We made a call when we signed Gutho. I personally think its the wrong call but I had my concerns about our ability to keep both.
Yep. I think we made the wrong call prioritising RCG over Paps. For mine, Mahoney and Paps were the highest priority (must haves), RCG and Junior (nice to haves) and Gutho (take it or leave it). I also would have spent the last 3 months shopping around Lane, Sivo and probably Nrown, to retain as many of the above as we could in that order.

lucablight

First Grade
I would rather us be judicious with what we offer players becuase I back the club to find alternatives. It wasn't long ago that we were lifting our skirts for washed out f**kbags. My only criticism is that I would have preferred us to lock up Rheed and play hardball with Gutho.
You’re tap dancing around the question. Do you think 600k over 4 years is an unreasonable offer for Mahoney if that’s what he signed for?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not Mahoney’s biggest fan and think he’s replaceable but f**k you can be a predictable apologist f**kwit for any situation. Our team could all go down in a plane crash and you’d find something positive about it.

#tool
I'm not apologising for anyone. They don't need to apologise either. Losing players to bigger offers is part of the game. Why are merkins slitting their wrists over it? We have a premiership to win before these players go anywhere.

The only mistake will be if we follow your advice and let them go for 2022 you f**ken idiot. Then we could write off next year as well just so you snowflakes don't have to cheer for players who are leaving.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm not apologising for anyone. They don't need to apologise either. Losing players to bigger offers is part of the game. Why are merkins slitting their wrists over it? We have a premiership to win before these players go anywhere.

The only mistake will be if we follow your advice and let them go for 2022 you f**ken idiot. Then we could write off next year as well just so you snowflakes don't have to cheer for players who are leaving.
Ok dickhead, now my turn. We won't be winning shit now with all these players leaving. We will now be lucky to make the 8. That's how much this will impact our 2022 campaign.

T-Boon

Coach
The only mistake will be if we follow your advice and let them go for 2022 you f**ken idiot.
If the club did that are you saying you would be critical off it?
I think you would argue in support of it.
As I see it if we got a young D-H bag of meat for 22 I'd be fine with flicking the Money Mahoney bag of meat.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok dickhead, now my turn. We won't be winning shit now with all these players leaving. We will now be lucky to make the 8. That's how much this will impact our 2022 campaign.

I'm probably the biggest idiot on here but when grown men carry on like kids when a players leaves I feel a little embarrassed that I come on here and chat. Amd question what type of people some may be in real life.

It's just a f**king game. It's fun to watch. Fun to discuss. But really who gives that much of a shit?