What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Rosco

Bench
I don't think Rheeds played enough st 2021 level to suggest he will become a great hooker. As I said he is in a very good side and the best pack in the NRL. Many hookers would look good
Bbbut Hindy, What do you mean " the best pack " ?
According to this very forum, IP is overrated, Niukora is no great loss, and Paulo is getting on a bit.
And as soon as Mahoney is confirmed gone, he is all of a sudden expendable and not such a good player anyway.
You guys are hilarious.
Lucablight, and the dude with the clown avatar are the only 2 that are still in touch with reality.
Oh, and let me finish with this lil gem: of the many star players you had in your team last year, 2 of the biggest names that have remained loyal are Moses and Matterson.
When those 2 are the beacons of loyalty in your team, shit is messed up

lucablight

First Grade
According to this very forum, IP is overrated, Niukora is no great loss, and Paulo is getting on a bit.
And as soon as Mahoney is confirmed gone, he is all of a sudden expendable and not such a good player anyway.
You guys are hilarious.
Lucablight, and the dude with the clown avatar are the only 2 that are still in touch with reality.
Some of the mental gymnastics fans use here to cope with grief are really quite something.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well it looks like we won’t have that pack in 2023 anyway. Apparently Junior is as good as gone as well. But but but Stability.

Jnr will be 29 at the end of next season. How long will he still be elite? I thought this year he wasn't as good as last. No harm in letting him go a year early. Better then 2yrs to late.

Must keeps are D.Brown, Moses and Penisini. Nice core and talent.
Anyhows we have about 15mths before 2023 kicks off. I reckon we will sign a few by then.

Eelogical

Referee
couldn't agree more. only media figures but $600k seems fair.

i guess the only issue is his shoulder? may be worse than we all know?
That's the thing, isn't it? He did his shoulder twice in the same year and it hasn't been re-tested again. It also goes to show that loyalty has well and truly become an also ran behind dollars. Let's get what we can out of him and move on.

Avenger

Immortal
Well we still have Mahoney (on unders since we're not extending him) for 2022. His cap space will be spent on other players (some of them also on unders because Arthur's is good at getting players to overperform). This is how we stay strong.
I’m not Mahoney’s biggest fan and think he’s replaceable but f**k you can be a predictable apologist f**kwit for any situation. Our team could all go down in a plane crash and you’d find something positive about it.

#tool

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jnr will be 29 at the end of next season. How long will he still be elite? I thought this year he wasn't as good as last. No harm in letting him go a year early. Better then 2yrs to late.

Anyhows we have about 15mths before 2023 kicks off. I reckon we will sign a few by then.
Junior will be a loss but nowhere a big as loss as Mahoney, how many quality dummy halves are out there?? Same as the captain?? Neither were as vital must keeps like Mahoney was. But if we lose a junior as well?? Massive questions need to be asked of all concerned involved at the club.

Reactions: Ck9

King-Gutho94

Coach

The last thing now for the club to do is to compound their stupidity by going out and signing a player on massive amounts which defeats the purpose of lowballing our current squad and just letting them out the door inexplicably.

The damage is done now they are better off waiting now and seeing what players clubs will need to offload and see what value they can get in 12 months time as atm the market is out of control and clubs like the dogs will be holding a firesale

hindy111

Post Whore
I gotta give you some credit you are the eternal optimist in this forum. We could lose our best 25 players in one off season and you would still be positive

If we paid Rheed and Pappa 650k each we may lose some guys coming thru. We do not know the clubs plans. There is still 15mths before 2023 starts. We have added two young talented hookers to our roster. One may step up. Maybe the club is more excited about them doing a job.

Avenger

Immortal
If we paid Rheed and Pappa 650k each we may lose some guys coming thru. We do not know the clubs plans. There is still 15mths before 2023 starts. We have added two young talented hookers to our roster. One may step up. Maybe the club is more excited about them doing a job.
I reckon his shoulder reconstruction may have contributed to some hesitancy on our part.

hindy111

Post Whore
You guys are hilarious.
Oh, and let me finish with this lil gem: of the many star players you had in your team last year, 2 of the biggest names that have remained loyal are Moses and Matterson.
When those 2 are the beacons of loyalty in your team, shit is messed up

Jnr is getting on. He will be 29 at the end of 2022.
Would you pay Marata 650k? You got Stefano for 270k. I rate him as superior.

Papali is a beast. Of the 3 he is the one I would of held onto. It was probably time to move on from N.Brown.

Your hooker behind our pack would be dangerous. Just in a shit side.

Oi !!! Leave The Rosco out of it.
Merkins, well I don't know what you'd need one for , but merkins . . . they are useful.
One of my favourite things.
I feel a sense of pride to have developed a version of merkin that has been added to the auto-correc
Rheed is a merkin.

I agree, This cub has ambitions, Bea is firing too.

The stars were aligning over the last few years.

Soto

Bench
sarantinos is probably sipping pina coladas in the world somewhere.

Hasn't been sighted since August.

MON and the chairman have been putting the statements out.

No sign of the CEO though
Have it on good authority our Ceo happens to be a dogs supporter. Ok "was a Dogs" supporter...but probably still is.
Maybe enjoying a bevvie at the Canterbury Leagues as we speak