What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redevelopment of Jubilee

Illusion

Bench
Problem with bringing in union or soccer is there are no teams that fit the bill that would attract enough patrons. As I said in my previous post, Sydney FC moving back to new SFS, Waratahs would not play there as it's not their demographic, Southern Districts play at Forshaw Park in Sylvania but hardly draw a crowd to underpin a new stadium. Local union and soccer teams don't pull a crowd. Unless you can guarantee decent crowds, preferably each week or at worst every second week, then can't see the govt spending money on a rebuild.

Only way I can see a new stadium down south is if it was on a share basis with the Gummies (I know will never happen so don't abuse me) but even that bird has flown with the revamp of their leagues club and ground.
Before anything else the Leagues Club is in a time warp ...... Neeeds a complete face lift or knock down ...... Not sure if they own the land where the old Sizzlers was but they couldn't even utilise that part as well .... Maybe talk to developers make a deal to build a state of the art Leagues Club or turn it into a Sports Club utilising memberships ...... Just my take on it St Gearge Leagues is way down the pecking order of best clubs, all it has is Poker machines no atmosphere at all ......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You're forgetting the buffet - chicken nuggets, oysters and green jelly all on the one plate!

Not sure what covid has done to it though.
They still do a pretty good steak. The Premiers Lounge now has a better history section.

The old auditorium upstairs is a such a waste, it has been closed for years (decades?) and basically has a curtain thrown in front of it. Memories of times when the Taj was an entertainment hub.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
They still do a pretty good steak. The Premiers Lounge now has a better history section.

The old auditorium upstairs is a such a waste, it has been closed for years (decades?) and basically has a curtain thrown in front of it. Memories of times when the Taj was an entertainment hub.
The leagues club is much like the current team. Piss poor and full of oldies. It needs a massive overhaul

KiamaSaint

Coach
I haven't eaten at the Leagues Club too often, but without exception there has been a problem with my food or someone else in the group I was eating with. Very average food, worse service. Will not be back. One star.

Gareth67

First Grade
Haven't dined at the club since it was the "Hot Spot"
in the late 60's.It was the place to dine. Couldn't get a club membership till someone "past away ". How things change.

The Taj was ‘ the ‘ place to be in the 60’s , I recall a couple of workmates who would flash their St.George membership badges on their car keys .

As odd as it may be they never had any interest in the game itself , but to be a member of the club was a bit of a status symbol , a sure way of drawing the young ladies in.