What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Eelogical

Referee
I'm surprised that nobody picked up on the difference between Quintex and Quiltex. I guess because they both folded.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Cummins is a class act. Noticed Uzzie quietly stepping away before the traditional champagne celebrations were about to unfold due his Muslim beliefs. Told the lads to hold off to make sure he was included. Kudos merkin

Eelogical

Referee
Cummins is a class act. Noticed Uzzie quietly stepping away before the traditional champagne celebrations were about to unfold due his Muslim beliefs. Told the lads to hold off to make sure he was included. Kudos merkin

Want to discuss the possible Test lineup for the upcoming sub-continent tour in March?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was actually Travis Head who noticed then motioned for Oozie to join them then Cummins did it as well, although you can't tell on that video

Nice gesture by the boys.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Want to discuss the possible Test lineup for the upcoming sub-continent tour in March?

sure

Happy MEel

First Grade
I’d be delighted…

Warner’s one opener and I reckon Uzzie will probably fare better with a new ball in the sub-continent (however I was against his move up the order in the last test but what do you do after he gets 2 tons). Marnus and Smith are obvious 3 and 4s with Head at 5. Green’s done enough to keep his spot at 6 and I think we’ll need the extra pace bowler over there in the heat, especially if one breaks down. I don’t rate Carey at all but he’ll get the nod first up. Cummins is a lock and I don’t think you can ignore Boland’s dominance. I’d certainly consider rotating Starc and Richardson and perhaps Boland and Hazewood throughout the tour though. I think it could also be time to look at Swepson at some stage. Whether that’s instead of or as well as Gary will depend on the pitch.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, we are stuck with Lyon so I think the only way Swepson will get a run is if we go with Paddy, Starc, Green, Lyon and Swepson or a similar line up. Richardson and Boland will also be in the squad you would think.

I think we can do better than Carey, his 50 yesterday will help him but shit he was lucky. If he stays in the team I think his days are numbered unless his keeping picks up because he is there predominantly as a keeper and his keeping has been below par. We can do so much better like Ingliss or Phillipe

Eelogical

Referee
sure

I'd like to start with the bowling attack first. I can't see Lyon carrying the attack on his own in spin territory. I like Green, he'll go places but I'd be surprised to see him come close to dominating over there. Cummins will be exposed to playing away as captain for the first time. That's a heavy burden, especially for a bowler. It's a long season on the road (so to speak). Hazelwood has question marks over his fitness and will they pick Boland?