What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access to JA

One for @soc123_au:

( idiot America)

Want to join up to Jubilee Avenue!
Need a forum with access limited
Can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind f::k Avenue

Welcome to a forum subsection
The rest of Lu in Alienation!
Where everything is meant to be ok!
Posting all our dreams of tomorrow
Sucked in lads because you dont follow
Its not like we care to argue
Steelers!

Well maybe Iā€™m just gagging for Avenue
Not a part of the red white agenda
I hope itā€™s not all club propaganda!
LUā€™s secret gerrymander!

Can our LU hear our objections
Private forums only mean rejection
Weā€™d all like to visit and might stay

Club apartheid is ungracious
Free JA for all the club races
Thatā€™s enough to argueā€¦

F2C9412C-BDF5-45F3-B024-632D81D8517B.jpeg

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
One for @soc123_au:

( idiot America)

Steelers!

View attachment 57293
8/10
Well written but had some minor punctuation errors.

soc123_au

Staff member
One for @soc123_au:

( idiot America)

Steelers!

View attachment 57293
Funnily enough I applied for JA membership years ago. Still waiting for the secret code.

Funnily enough I applied for JA membership years ago. Still waiting for the secret code.
You may have to turn to the LU black market Socky.

Also thereā€™s always a few mods that are unhappy with their lot in life and looking to improve their short term financial position.

Although as you know, once they get the cash they tend to disappear because itā€™s not something you raise with LU High Command for fear of being arrested yourself.

Whilst I have your attention, shout out to your Panther Mods for last years efforts. Excellent work and much appreciated.

Frenstokianmisterial!

dannyt

Coach
One for @soc123_au:

( idiot America)

Steelers!

View attachment 57293
Not a bad effort-what can you do with Jesus of Suburbia?

Perhaps the lyrics to Basket Case can be modified as the WTF theme song? Actually, no modifications needed.

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
About nothing and everything all at once?
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it
Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid
Or am I just stoned?
I went to a shrink
To analyze my dreams
She says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down
I went to a whore
He said my life's a bore
So quit my whining 'cause it's bringing her down
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Ah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Grasping to control
So I better hold on
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?

Not a bad effort-what can you do with Jesus of Suburbia?

Perhaps the lyrics to Basket Case can be modified as the WTF theme song? Actually, no modifications needed.

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
About nothing and everything all at once?
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid
Or am I just stoned?
I went to a shrink
To analyze my dreams
She says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down
I went to a whore
He said my life's a bore
So quit my whining 'cause it's bringing her down
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Ah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Grasping to control
So I better hold on
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?
Thanks, it can take some time as you should already know the song, get the lyrics and amend them to the topic. In this case, a gentle but respectful dig at the exclusivity of JA.

I am imagining an intense forum with a forensic examination of all things SGI, or at least the proud Saints contingent.

Still labouring under the myth of not having the premierships recognised. It is an ongoing historic injustice. People like Johnny Raper who gave his life to the game and to help other people, deserve their place in the modern day account.

This is a battle that must be fought to the death. Your club is incomplete without it. It would lift the Illawarra cadre, not condemn them. The whole game would be much less without that regions input. Thatā€™s all understood.

dannyt

Coach
Thanks, it can take some time as you should already know the song, get the lyrics and amend them to the topic. In this case, a gentle but respectful dig at the exclusivity of JA.

I am imagining an intense forum with a forensic examination of all things SGI, or at least the proud Saints contingent.

Still labouring under the myth of not having the premierships recognised. It is an ongoing historic injustice. People like Johnny Raper who gave his life to the game and to help other people, deserve their place in the modern day account.

This is a battle that must be fought to the death. Your club is incomplete without it. It would lift the Illawarra cadre, not condemn them. The whole game would be much less without that regions input. Thatā€™s all understood.
More arguing/discussion and more swearing in JA compared to the main forum.

More arguing/discussion and more swearing in JA compared to the main forum.
More ā€œpassionateā€ I guess.

Willow provided the history earlier, which was of interest as well as ā€œfallenā€ posters.

I was holidaying at Parra lu earlier this pre season and I advised them of the allegation that BJ rushed to sign Mary for those extra 2 years on account of interest from Parramatta.

That being information, if true, effectively leaked from Parra hierarchy to SGI. The highest levels of decision making at the Eels was compromised by Sgi.

Accordingly, I speculated that Sgi has a spy or cell group at the eels, someone willing to risk their job etc. High stakes.

And the theory seemed to be corroborated when the eels did later appoint Mary, a link in there.

Your eels source was right, valuable and good intel.

Now the eels forum didnā€™t seem to understand the ramifications of a rat in the ranks. But for mine, itā€™s speaks volumes for sgi loyalty.

Good to know you have sources out there, willing to release very sensitive info for sgis benefit.

I think the original disclosure, was made- ā€œinferredā€ would be more accurate- by Hoops when he went on his anti Mary rant just before Webby met him in the car park.

And everyone is amazed that Mary is a real force of nature, canā€™t be beaten, good bloke-ism remains a threat!

Itā€™s empowering for sgi if my theory stands. The eels forum people, didnā€™t want to commit to the discussion. I understand.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I will add that comparing this to apartheid is uncool. It's what anti-vaxxers do.

Here is my story...

My better half and I went to Brisbane over the holidays. On our bucket list was to have a drink at Merle's Bar at the iconic Regatta Hotel.

In the 1960s, two young students Merle Thornton and her friend Rosalie chained themselves to a bar and demanded service. It was illegal to serve women in public bars in the 1960s.
The publican couldn't serve them.

The police arrived and arrested the women.

It became front page news across the nation, and the laws were ultimately changed.

Today, the Regatta Hotel celebrates this event. The bar is named to honour Merle and there are posters and news articles on the walls.
For years afterwards, Merle would return, order a beer and the staff wouldn't take any money from her. Such was the honour of her presence.

So last month, I was really looking forward to drinking at the same bar where Merle made her ground-breaking stand.

But they refused me service.

Something about this being a no service area for making cocktails.

My reaction was, "what would Merle say!?"

I gained support from another old bloke pointing to the adjacent bar stools... "why would you put stools in a no service bar?"

So I gave it a second shot, and cautiously approached the bar and asked, "please sir, may I have some more beer?"

The reply: "yeah sure mate."

I promptly ordered a schooner of my favourite craft beer.

Triumphant, I returned to my table and proclaimed to my better half that I had struck a blow for women's rights!

She said, "Y'know, this is different..."

I will add that comparing this to apartheid is uncool. It's what anti-vaxxers do.

Here is my story...

My better half and I went to Brisbane over the holidays. On our bucket list was to have a drink at Merle's Bar at the iconic Regatta Hotel.

In the 1960s, two young students Merle Thornton and her friend Rosalie chained themselves to a bar and demanded service. It was illegal to serve women in public bars in the 1960s.
The publican couldn't serve them.

The police arrived and arrested the women.

It became front page news across the nation, and the laws were ultimately changed.

Today, the Regatta Hotel celebrates this event. The bar is named to honour Merle and there are posters and news articles on the walls.
For years afterwards, Merle would return, order a beer and the staff wouldn't take any money from her. Such was the honour of her presence.

So last month, I was really looking forward to drinking at the same bar where Merle made her ground-breaking stand.

But they refused me service.

Something about this being a no service area for making cocktails.

My reaction was, "what would Merle say!?"

I gained support from another old bloke pointing to the adjacent bar stools... "why would you put stools in a no service bar?"

So I gave it a second shot, and cautiously approached the bar and asked, "please sir, may I have some more beer?"

The reply: "yeah sure mate."

I promptly ordered a schooner of my favourite craft beer.

Triumphant, I returned to my table and proclaimed to my better half that I had struck a blow for women's rights!

She said, "Y'know, this is different..."

Willow, itā€™s ok to talk apartheid when as an Aussie kid i was almost kicked off the bus in Cape Town for rushing on and sitting on the black side of the bus. So I get it!!

Anyways, I think you are well intended.

Now your better half ā€¦is a wise person. You need to take her counsel more frequently!

If you were wearing a Fox suit, trying to be trans species, asking for milk in a Fox accent yes, your better half and I would have considered the excursion more worthy!

Itā€™s the off season, LU relaxes.

Anyway, I almost snatched defeat from the jaws of defeat this week. Ready to do something at work, pulled up my sleeves, chewed the gum and created this infernal apparatus. 3 or 4 days of blood and sweat and tears ahead, hundreds of dollars of investment with no known outcome. Committed and ready.

Then the boss suggests something that takes about 10 seconds and it works and fixes everything.

Ffs lol.

I prayed the floor would swallow me up!!

Last edited:
I can out-dweeb @Willow and most of the forum at any given time.

Compared to me, he has snowflakes on the own goal, mistake and human error front.

As a dodgy backyarder car guy with no mechanical acumen, Iā€™ve put a lot of the local mechanics kids through college undoing the dogs breakfast of my garage ā€œmodsā€

My trusty mobile mechanic, he wonā€™t accept my cars anymore. Co vid is the excuse. On my count, heā€™s had it for 2 bloody years.

Should offer himself to the world health organisation as a study.

I should do a you tube channel on it. The day the dog chewed the airbag connectors under the seat and my regrettable sticky tape job that lasted until the local bakery. A tense drive home worried that the airbag would explode and send the donuts into orbit.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
More ā€œpassionateā€ I guess.

Willow provided the history earlier, which was of interest as well as ā€œfallenā€ posters.

I was holidaying at Parra lu earlier this pre season and I advised them of the allegation that BJ rushed to sign Mary for those extra 2 years on account of interest from Parramatta.

That being information, if true, effectively leaked from Parra hierarchy to SGI. The highest levels of decision making at the Eels was compromised by Sgi.

Accordingly, I speculated that Sgi has a spy or cell group at the eels, someone willing to risk their job etc. High stakes.

And the theory seemed to be corroborated when the eels did later appoint Mary, a link in there.

Your eels source was right, valuable and good intel.

Now the eels forum didnā€™t seem to understand the ramifications of a rat in the ranks. But for mine, itā€™s speaks volumes for sgi loyalty.

Good to know you have sources out there, willing to release very sensitive info for sgis benefit.

I think the original disclosure, was made- ā€œinferredā€ would be more accurate- by Hoops when he went on his anti Mary rant just before Webby met him in the car park.

And everyone is amazed that Mary is a real force of nature, canā€™t be beaten, good bloke-ism remains a threat!

Itā€™s empowering for sgi if my theory stands. The eels forum people, didnā€™t want to commit to the discussion. I understand.
I would argue that any intel that led to McGregor signing for two more years benefitted Parramatta, and every other team in the comp, at St George's expense. Still can't understand why Parra would sign McGregor in any capacity. Mind you, I'm very pleased with the outcome.

I would argue that any intel that led to McGregor signing for two more years benefitted Parramatta, and every other team in the comp, at St George's expense. Still can't understand why Parra would sign McGregor in any capacity. Mind you, I'm very pleased with the outcome.

High level deduction, certainly within the realms of possibility. Thank you for the insights.

On her majestyā€™s secret service:

At the time, I raised the theory that it was actually Marys manager speaking through a dishcloth to BJ on a landline to muffle his voice.

Deep Throat, agent 69, sgi special squad:

ā€œ Confirmed, Parra want Mary, weā€™d better re-sign him.

BJ: ā€œRodger, will report to Albert. Stay close.ā€

And my post was deleted for ā€œspeculationā€ which I think was really a reflection of the sensitivity of the topic to your rank and file. I accepted the intervention without any hysterics. I suppose it wasnā€™t a discussion worthy of attempted humour. Times were tough with no end in sight.

As you would recall, the abomination of 2019 season was capped off with Mary going overseas to a management conference in the usa and after 7 years at the helm, when he returned, when asked what he had learned from the best corporate minds on Gods earth, proudly announced you guys were ā€œ Rookies againā€

Tens of thousands of dollars spent on super-junket and he comes back with two words of complete and utter ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. There was no logical comeback for anyone. Everyone was speechless, mouths wide open.

It was a surreal time in sgi history.

The Future:

If he does well at the eels and soo ( lol) that will only serve to endorse his sense of self worth and the myth of Mary as the most fortunate person in the games history. He is an icon and entirely untouchable. I donā€™t know why, thatā€™s just a fact of life!

No doubt heā€™s eyeing off the Kangaroo job. On his current untouchable trajectory, you couldnā€™t bet against that eventual outcome.

He should have been punted from the game 5 years ago, but here he is and we just have to wear it!!

Iā€™ll go on the record and say he will running sgi one day, possibly the whole nrl. In full control. Heā€™s unstoppable, ask @Gareth67.

The meaning of Mary, hope personified:

Yet I canā€™t help thinking that Mary is a symbol of human optimism. If he can secure an infinite number of chances in life, so can we all! He is the living embodiment of the ā€œanything is possibleā€ mantra.

That any kid can grow up to do and be anything in Rugby League. No special skills or talents required, just to be a ā€œgood blokeā€.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
High level deduction, certainly within the realms of possibility. Thank you for the insights.

On her majestyā€™s secret service:

At the time, I raised the theory that it was actually Marys manager speaking through a dishcloth to BJ on a landline to muffle his voice.

Deep Throat, agent 69, sgi special squad:

ā€œ Confirmed, Parra want Mary, weā€™d better re-sign him.

BJ: ā€œRodger, will report to Albert. Stay close.ā€

And my post was deleted for ā€œspeculationā€ which I think was really a reflection of the sensitivity of the topic to your rank and file. I accepted the intervention without any hysterics. I suppose it wasnā€™t a discussion worthy of attempted humour. Times were tough with no end in sight.

As you would recall, the abomination of 2019 season was capped off with Mary going overseas to a management conference in the usa and after 7 years at the helm, when he returned, when asked what he had learned from the best corporate minds on Gods earth, proudly announced you guys were ā€œ Rookies againā€

Tens of thousands of dollars spent on super-junket and he comes back with two words of complete and utter ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. There was no logical comeback for anyone. Everyone was speechless, mouths wide open.

It was a surreal time in sgi history.

The Future:

If he does well at the eels and soo ( lol) that will only serve to endorse his sense of self worth and the myth of Mary as the most fortunate person in the games history. He is an icon and entirely untouchable. I donā€™t know why, thatā€™s just a fact of life!

No doubt heā€™s eyeing off the Kangaroo job. On his current untouchable trajectory, you couldnā€™t bet against that eventual outcome.

He should have been punted from the game 5 years ago, but here he is and we just have to wear it!!

Iā€™ll go on the record and say he will running sgi one day, possibly the whole nrl. In full control. Heā€™s unstoppable, ask @Gareth67.

The meaning of Mary, hope personified:

Yet I canā€™t help thinking that Mary is a symbol of human optimism. If he can secure an infinite number of chances in life, so can we all! He is the living embodiment of the ā€œanything is possibleā€ mantra.

That any kid can grow up to do and be anything in Rugby League. No special skills or talents required, just to be a ā€œgood blokeā€.
Great post!

One for @dannyt and @soc123_au.

A beautiful song I am destined to ruin.

JA police,
arrest this man
He talks to mods
Heā€™s bringing in his spies to
In-fil-trate the Avenue

JA police
Arrest this girl
A honey trap
Shes leaving lu
To try to crash the JA site

This is what theyā€™ll get
This is what theyā€ll get
When they mess with us!

JA police
Iā€™ve tried everything I can
Itā€™s not enough
To break into your zen
Iā€™m not on Doustyā€™s payroll!

When they mess with us!

For a minute there, I lost my post, I lost my post
Repeatā€¦

I remember hearing this song on jjj for the first time, ffs, astonishing-I couldnā€™t believe it, the production.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
One for @dannyt and @soc123_au.

A beautiful song I am destined to ruin.

JA police,
arrest this man
He talks to mods
Heā€™s bringing in his spies to
In-fil-trate the Avenue

JA police
Arrest this girl
A honey trap
Shes leaving lu
To try to crash the JA site

When they mess with us!

JA police
Iā€™ve tried everything I can
Itā€™s not enough
To break into your zen
Iā€™m not on Doustyā€™s payroll!

When they mess with us!

For a minute there, I lost my post, I lost my post
Repeatā€¦

I remember hearing this song on jjj for the first time, ffs, astonishing-I couldnā€™t believe it, the production.
What's the song?