What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

kit66

Bench
I know fui had prior convictions but are we the scapegoats again.
As a few people said there were mitigating circumstances in the tackle.
5 weeks for a early plea.
What about Faegai when the weight of the tackler crushed his ankle.
I still think we are hard done by.

It looked ugly, it looked deliberate, he has form, the media love their poster boy Papenhyzen and expect Fui to be closely monitored and the judiciary are unswayed by "mitigating circumstances".

getsmarty

Immortal
Dunston is out for the season with ACL and PCL injuries. Suggest this weighted heavily on the decision for Fui to be highlighted. Looked more like bad luck than deliberate to me

Agree...issue is consistency... Other clubs get a slap on the Wrist and like last year our players cop heavy suspensions...Bad luck for Dunstan...feel sorry for him. I agree it looked more accidental...it's a contact sport and things go wrong... Media always spotlight our players...the articles have been trial by media...does he deserve a suspension...Yes...its just a matter of how many weeks...

Dragon David

First Grade
I
Agree...issue is consistency... Other clubs get a slap on the Wrist and like last year our players cop heavy suspensions...Bad luck for Dunstan...feel sorry for him. I agree it looked more accidental...it's a contact sport and things go wrong... Media always spotlight our players...the articles have been trial by media...does he deserve a suspension...Yes...its just a matter of how many weeks...
I'm thinking that the team is much stronger this year and the only way we miss out on the top 8 is through our players being targeted and copping lengthy suspensions. We have got to learn from last year that we play hard and tough football but with discipline and clean play. Still rugged but not to the extent of players being sin binned which often lead to suspensions.

kit66

Bench
Dunston is out for the season with ACL and PCL injuries. Suggest this weighted heavily on the decision for Fui to be highlighted. Looked more like bad luck than deliberate to me

That's terrible luck for the guy being out for the season on the eve of a berth in 1st grade. Fui's tackle was 100% deliberate, he dropped his hip into Dunston's legs, not to injure but to bring him down. Very silly. If someone did that to Ben Hunt or Sloan I'd be ropeable, I'd want blood.

Brutalitops

Juniors
He deserves the time off. Absolutely dumb as rocks tackle and demonstrated clearly why it is dangerous to hip drop.

Fuimaono has a rap sheet of awful tackling techniques in only a year or two. Nobody should shocked or angry he would get 5 weeks. Take off the Dragons shades. Time for Fui to examine his defensive techniques.

getsmarty

Immortal
He deserves the time off. Absolutely dumb as rocks tackle and demonstrated clearly why it is dangerous to hip drop.

Fuimaono has a rap sheet of awful tackling techniques in only a year or two. Nobody should shocked or angry he would get 5 weeks. Take off the Dragons shades. Time for Fui to examine his defensive techniques.

I would not be shocked if he got 5 weeks.......It's a contact sport...things go wrong.

Dragons154

Juniors
It looked ugly, it looked deliberate, he has form, the media love their poster boy Papenhyzen and expect Fui to be closely monitored and the judiciary are unswayed by "mitigating circumstances".
“Deliberate” is a very dangerous word.

A players injury should never dictate the penalty given. “In terms of game suspensions”

the tackle was lazy, but far malicious. They were 15 minutes into the first trail of the season. And had done nothing but defended for those 15 minutes.

Anyone calling it a dog shot is absolutely kidding themselves, Fui will no doubt be set an example again.

however, I don’t see Fui cracking the current first grade squad anyhow.

kit66

Bench
“Deliberate” is a very dangerous word.

A players injury should never dictate the penalty given. “In terms of game suspensions”

the tackle was lazy, but far malicious. They were 15 minutes into the first trail of the season. And had done nothing but defended for those 15 minutes.

Anyone calling it a dog shot is absolutely kidding themselves, Fui will no doubt be set an example again.

however, I don’t see Fui cracking the current first grade squad anyhow.

As I said above, it was deliberate in terms of dropping his hip to take out Dunston's legs, not a deliberate attempt to cause injury. In my opinion it's a tackle that needs disappear from our game.

Dragons154

Juniors
As I said above, it was deliberate in terms of dropping his hip to take out Dunston's legs, not a deliberate attempt to cause injury. In my opinion it's a tackle that needs disappear from our game.

these tackles happen in split second, saying that he knew his legs were there is ridiculous, and is probably giving him more credit than he deserves. The injury is unfortunate but you see that tackle at least 20 times in a normal game. Injuries happen.

be55

Juniors
Watching this yesterday i thought it was a disgrace that he was sent from the field and i was thinking that i'd wake up this morning to the news that he was cleared of any charge. I've watched the tackle over and over and i've changed my mind. I don't think it's an intentional action but i think it's just bad technique and something that should be rubbed out of the game. Although Dunster is pushing and struggling to escape the tackle, Fuimaono's initial action after contact is to slide down towards the legs and by the term of the tackle, "Hip Drop", i think this is a clear example. I honestly don't think they'll fight the charge and with the severity of the injury (which isn't supposed to come into it, but let's be honest, it does) i think they'd lose.

mickeylane

Bench
they may go a maximum of 8 weeks to set an early example...his priors won't help..
Billy Burns and Gosiewski rubbing their hands...

Ascalon

Juniors
‘Hip drop’ tackles were initially identified in three man tackles where two defenders hold the attacker up and the third dangerously attacked the legs. What made the situation worse was the 2 initial defenders pushing the attacker back over his collapsed legs. This was more evident in the tackle on Feagai and resulted in his injury but there has been no mention of this at all. Not even a penalty. I’m all for safe play but if you are going to punish the Fui tackle then the tackle Feagai was subjected to should also be scrutinised. Seems to me like Fui is a marked man.

Gareth67

First Grade
Disappointing all round , more so the harsh judiciary sentence . Really thought that the man was hard done by , certainty no malice nor intent was involved.

Of course his priors certainly didn’t help matters , best accept the penalty and move on and for pity sake change your style as you have become a marked man .

Last edited:

epDragon62

First Grade
Watching this yesterday i thought it was a disgrace that he was sent from the field and i was thinking that i'd wake up this morning to the news that he was cleared of any charge. I've watched the tackle over and over and i've changed my mind. I don't think it's an intentional action but i think it's just bad technique and something that should be rubbed out of the game. Although Dunster is pushing and struggling to escape the tackle, Fuimaono's initial action after contact is to slide down towards the legs and by the term of the tackle, "Hip Drop", i think this is a clear example. I honestly don't think they'll fight the charge and with the severity of the injury (which isn't supposed to come into it, but let's be honest, it does) i think they'd lose.
I agree.

Fui was lazy. If he drives with his shoulder instead of grabbing and trying to roll the player over while being dragged the injury doesn't happen.

Shame Fui isn't getting it...