What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Souths

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We miss his attitude and abilities - he can play in the forwards, at dummy half, play as a half back, has a good running game, doesn't give an inch and defends quite well. All of the ingredients to win matches for us. Bring him in next week for
Perth Dragons he we come !
Can they wear the Red V every week if they move?

Last edited:
I would expect that the boys will raise the bar somewhat from their previous "effort", but that's not saying much. And even if they do, the revival will last about 20 minutes before someone has a brain snap and Souffs hand their ar$e$ to them.
Mbye is a handy player off the bench at 9 or 7. He's not a fullback, never has been and it is insulting to Sloan to put him there. Sloan had a poor game against the Scum and finds himself on the outer while Lomax, Ford, Ramsey, McCullough and others are either dreadful or bog-average on a weekly basis but are still filling jerseys 1-17. Mind you, who have we got to replace them?! It's the weakest, most uninspiring squad I've seen in 54 years of following Saints, "masterminded" by the most tactically bereft, cud-chewing excuse for a coach I've seen since... well... Price and Mary.
This club needs a major overhaul before we get to Newcastle Knights "three-peat" wooden spoon territory. What's Bellamy doing when he's done with the Storm? The CEO should straighten out his tie and get him on the blower, asap.

denis preston

First Grade
I would expect that the boys will raise the bar somewhat from their previous "effort", but that's not saying much. And even if they do, the revival will last about 20 minutes before someone has a brain snap and Souffs hand their ar$e$ to them.
Mbye is a handy player off the bench at 9 or 7. He's not a fullback, never has been and it is insulting to Sloan to put him there. Sloan had a poor game against the Scum and finds himself on the outer while Lomax, Ford, Ramsey, McCullough and others are either dreadful or bog-average on a weekly basis but are still filling jerseys 1-17. Mind you, who have we got to replace them?! It's the weakest, most uninspiring squad I've seen in 54 years of following Saints, "masterminded" by the most tactically bereft, cud-chewing excuse for a coach I've seen since... well... Price and Mary.
This club needs a major overhaul before we get to Newcastle Knights "three-peat" wooden spoon territory. What's Bellamy doing when he's done with the Storm? The CEO should straighten out his tie and get him on the blower, asap.
Why do some on here do this to themselves ? Statistics prove you live longer with a glass half full attitude to life !!

"I dont believe it" as Victor Meldrew would say. Our so and so coach has picked the same spine as that which oversaw our thrashing last week. He is not listening to our fans. Does he read the many comments on this forum. He'd be shocked if he did.
He has left the kids in limbo too instead of giving them encouragement and confidence that comes with a run of games. Many here were saying that '22 would be a building year with the three amigos at the centre of it. Four games in and all three are playing lower grades.. feeling abandoned. We saw last year what these talented kids bring to the table with their combinations. We actually won games when they were on the field and working their magic.

Lomax, Ramsay.. bog average. Wont buy that. Classy players like Lomax need clean ball in space.. need someone orchestrating things in the middle to set the backs alite. We dont have that. We have a bloke with heart, passion and a decent kicking game.. and useful when he takes on the line.. but offers little with ball in hand. A novice that needs to be given room to set off his individual skills. Amone was playing without confidence. His replacement, like Amone and his skipper has no ball playing skills. Our last half that did was the Pommie/Aussie Gareth Widdop. We won games on the back of his ball skills.

Last edited:
flickety-flick pass
That has given us plenty of four pointers over his three/four? seasons with us with his uncanny ability to draw in defenders leaving his winger alone and then working that magical flick.. ala Mark Gasnier. This play is falling down because he is not getting clean ball in space from our clueless ball playing halves. His error rate is where I have never seen if before.

Last edited: