What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Zoidberg

First Grade
f**k all you merkins with PS5s :-(
I got one at launch after pre-ordering as soon as it was possible.
1st time I’d ever pre-ordered a console and I’m so glad I did. I find it unbelievable they are still so hard to get.
What’s it been? Nearly 18 months.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I got one at launch after pre-ordering as soon as it was possible.
1st time I’d ever pre-ordered a console and I’m so glad I did. I find it unbelievable they are still so hard to get.
What’s it been? Nearly 18 months.
With to boys 1 and 3 it would be mostly wasted on me anyway

mongoose

Coach
R6 Extraction - put a lot of hours into R6 Siege when it came out, this one is a lot different. It's all co-op. I didn't like it at first but its really grown on me.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Lego Star Wars Skywalker saga.
I just can’t believe they still don’t have online multiplayer on these games.

Eelementary

Post Whore
@soc123_au - mate, how did you get gold on licence test A-10 in GT7?

I see you got a sub-29 second time, which is crazy!

My best time is 29.022 (you need 29 for gold).

I have watched dozens of videos, and I can't best my PB.

soc123_au

Staff member
@soc123_au - mate, how did you get gold on licence test A-10 in GT7?

I see you got a sub-29 second time, which is crazy!

My best time is 29.022 (you need 29 for gold).

I have watched dozens of videos, and I can't best my PB.
Getting a good exit out of the final hairpin in key. Try and enter it from the outside and carry as much speed as you can holding around a quarter throttle so it doesnt bog down on the exit. It was the hardest national test by a fair margin and Autopolis is one of my best tracks.

How are you going with the rest of them? I'm still stuck on the Porsche curves at Sarthe and the final exam at the Nurb on IA1. Still got 4 to beat in the Super as well. I can't see myself beating the wet lap at Spa in the 917k. It took me about 2 hours on that to manage bronze.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Getting a good exit out of the final hairpin in key. Try and enter it from the outside and carry as much speed as you can holding around a quarter throttle so it doesnt bog down on the exit. It was the hardest national test by a fair margin and Autopolis is one of my best tracks.

How are you going with the rest of them? I'm still stuck on the Porsche curves at Sarthe and the final exam at the Nurb on IA1. Still got 4 to beat in the Super as well. I can't see myself beating the wet lap at Spa in the 917k. It took me about 2 hours on that to manage bronze.

I've gotten all gold on the National B, but have gotten stuck on this one.

I have completed all the other licenses (mostly bronze).

That wet one in the 917 is a nightmare - the car aquaplanes like crazy!

I've finished all the races in the World Circuits, except for the 10 lap races.

It's good fun!

soc123_au

Staff member
I've gotten all gold on the National B, but have gotten stuck on this one.

I have completed all the other licenses (mostly bronze).

That wet one in the 917 is a nightmare - the car aquaplanes like crazy!

I've finished all the races in the World Circuits, except for the 10 lap races.

It's good fun!
I just went and ran NA10 again to make sure the advice was right.

Brake a touch early for the first corner and try and hit the apex right on the curb, a bit of power on exit but lift early to roll through the left hander. On power at the apex then try and keep to the inside for the next left to set up for the hairpin. Start from wide and try and hit the curb and run as smooth a line as you can and ease the power on as early as possible.

I have the ghost set at .5 ahead of me. I'm pretty much on it's rear bumper through the double left, but no matter what I do I cant match it's exit on the hairpin. Still managed 2 gold times from 8 or so attempts. tcs 1 asm off countersteer off bb 0 manual trans.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just went and ran NA10 again to make sure the advice was right.

Brake a touch early for the first corner and try and hit the apex right on the curb, a bit of power on exit but lift early to roll through the left hander. On power at the apex then try and keep to the inside for the next left to set up for the hairpin. Start from wide and try and hit the curb and run as smooth a line as you can and ease the power on as early as possible.

I have the ghost set at .5 ahead of me. I'm pretty much on it's rear bumper through the double left, but no matter what I do I cant match it's exit on the hairpin. Still managed 2 gold times from 8 or so attempts. tcs 1 asm off countersteer off bb 0 manual trans.

Thank you so much - I'll give it a go!

I generally play using automatic, but I feel the Supra handles better with a manual transmission.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I got my best time to 29.010...I have tried I literally 1,000 times, and I'm about to lose my mind!

I actually beat my PB ghost across the line once, but finished with a time of 29.43...how does that work?

I think offsetting the ghost by 0.5 seconds is helping; what kills me is exiting the hairpin. No matter how smoothly I accelerate, the ghosts overtake me like I'm standing still.

This licence test will be the death of me.

soc123_au

Staff member
I got my best time to 29.010...I have tried I literally 1,000 times, and I'm about to lose my mind!

I actually beat my PB ghost across the line once, but finished with a time of 29.43...how does that work?

I think offsetting the ghost by 0.5 seconds is helping; what kills me is exiting the hairpin. No matter how smoothly I accelerate, the ghosts overtake me like I'm standing still.

This licence test will be the death of me.
It bogs down hard on the hairpin exit, it's painful.

I stay in third from the first corner and drop it back to second for the hairpin. Try turning your ghost off and just use the demo one. You are really close, when I did it yesterday the 2 gold runs were only a few hundredths under the time.

I'm going to try and beat the international A 10 one today. And grind some more at Sarthe to get the P330 while it's still available.

mongoose

Coach
I'm really f**king enjoying this. I love how the game is just brutal to you if you don't bother to learn the controls and how your class works and then rewards you for getting it right. That first boss took me quite a few attempts before I managed to figure it all out, and then I smashed the f**ker in a few seconds.
I finally got around to buying it. It's so f**king hard (I never played Dark Souls). I have probably put about 30hrs into it so far but you really have to find somewhere to farm rune's early on so you can level up or you are going to struggle. I've killed a few bosses so far but some others I have faced and I am absolutely no chance, even with summoning spirits.

Eelementary

Post Whore
@Eelementary give that licence a crack now there has been a physics update. I reckon you'll get it now for sure.

I tried it this morning - got a 29.076 (my PB being 29.010), on my first attempt, and thought, "Sweet - I got this!"

For some reason, my times got progressively worse.

However, I do feel a big difference with how the Supra handles now, and I think if I persever, I will get it.

soc123_au

Staff member
I tried it this morning - got a 29.076 (my PB being 29.010), on my first attempt, and thought, "Sweet - I got this!"

For some reason, my times got progressively worse.

However, I do feel a big difference with how the Supra handles now, and I think if I persever, I will get it.
I had a few runs at it and knocked nearly a tenth off my previous best, definitely had another few tenths in it if I was tidier on the hairpin.

If you still cant get it dm me a log in and I'll clear it for you. I need to find someone to clear IA10 for me, I can't seem to beat that one.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I had a few runs at it and knocked nearly a tenth off my previous best, definitely had another few tenths in it if I was tidier on the hairpin.

If you still cant get it dm me a log in and I'll clear it for you. I need to find someone to clear IA10 for me, I can't seem to beat that one.

IA10 was hard - I only just got bronze on that one.

I'll keep going with it.

I'd be happy to give IA10 a crack, if you'd like.

Latest posts