What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R8 Sat - Parramatta 4-35 North Qld @ TIO (Darwin)

Round 8: Parramatta v North Qld

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
If Panthers play as poorly as last night Eels will be right in it even if they play as poor as they have tonight.
Both Parra and Penrith had an eye on next week's game. The Panthers managed their game better, and our next game won't be a short turnaround. And I expect To'o to be playing as well. Was very surprised at the defensive effort from the Eels.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Unlike what I predict from most of the Eels "faithful" (read, death riders who actually hate the merkins) I don't blame the team too much for that.

Lane dropping the try was huge and we could have played better, sure. But we just took a game against a team from Townsville away from Bankwest and to DARWIN.

The Cows aren't a shit footy side this year. They rocked up, said "hey it's real nice here let's roast these pricks" and played high intensity all night. And roasted those pricks.

Next year I bet we take NZ up there

They did the draw ages ago and probably thought the Cowboys were easy beats, but it doesnt make a difference. You've got to up for these games no matter who the opposition is.

Bazal

Post Whore
They did the draw ages ago and probably thought the Cowboys were easy beats, but it doesnt make a difference. You've got to up for these games no matter who the opposition is.

I agree with that, but I disagree that we weren't up for it mate.

That first half was intense footy. We weren't fit enough in 30 degree Darwin humidity, the team from Townsville was.

You can see that by the way they blew us open in the last ten

Tiger5150

Bench
We need to put any NSW cup centre in and leave Brown at 5/8. Anything to get rid of this piece of turd called Jake Arthur. He wouldn't make any other side in the NRL. He wouldn't even make a side in the English Super League. Even when his dad coached him at Rouse Hill Rhinos he should of been in the 2's. I watched a lot of there games and he was this scrawny half that never ran or kicked the ball

Yep. D. Andersons kids was better

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep. D. Andersons kids was better

I'm just quoting you cos it's the most recent, but I think what people miss about Arthur is that he's f**ken 19.

This time last year, Eels fans were all moving Dylan Brown on (at age 20) cos he was a defensive plodder who couldn't set up a try.

JA isn't Dylan Brown but he's already better than NSW Cup level at 19. In a situation where we have almost no fit outside backs, it's not unreasonable that he's a fill in.

The calls of nepotism are retreaded as well given it took us getting down to having not enough fit outside backs in the 30 for him to get a start.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm just quoting you cos it's the most recent, but I think what people miss about Arthur is that he's f**ken 19.

This time last year, Eels fans were all moving Dylan Brown on (at age 20) cos he was a defensive plodder who couldn't set up a try.

JA isn't Dylan Brown but he's already better than NSW Cup level at 19. In a situation where we have almost no fit outside backs, it's not unreasonable that he's a fill in.

The calls of nepotism are retreaded as well given it took us getting down to having not enough fit outside backs in the 30 for him to get a start.
Cleary copped similar bagging in his first few seasons. I dont get the JA hate either. And as you said, it's not like there are other options right now anyway.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Would love to play like that against Penrith, we'd give ourselves every chance. If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cleary copped similar bagging in his first few seasons. I dont get the JA hate either. And as you said, it's not like there are other options right now anyway.

Eels fans as a group love a scapegoat. Year after year it's the same, as long as I can remember.

Tbh I often wish I'd grown up supporting another side. Not cos of the team, but cos the fans are so f**ked I generally hate being associated with most of them.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I agree with that, but I disagree that we weren't up for it mate.

That first half was intense footy. We weren't fit enough in 30 degree Darwin humidity, the team from Townsville was.

You can see that by the way they blew us open in the last ten

It certainly helps when you have an outside back, their fastest player, come off the bench.

beave

Coach
Not wanting to go off too early....... but reading all the shit getting thrown our way in the pre-season, that was f**king satisfying to watch.

Makes a difference when you don't have unstabilising f**kwits involved in the playing roster like Josh Mcguire and actually being fit helps........

Awesome win

Homo man69

Juniors

Ok he's only 19 but he's a 19 year old that shouldn't be anywhere near first grade. I've watched him since he was a youngster at the Rhinos (coached by B Arthur) and he's always been extremely average. He never made any NSW junior teams and jaws dropped when he made Harold Matthew's. The difference with Brown is he was legitimate Jnr superstar that showed extreme promise. I guarantee you that J Arthur will disappear after a year or two. Actually I take that back cause his dad will always save his arse

Ok he's only 19 but he's a 19 year old that shouldn't be anywhere near first grade. I've watched him since he was a youngster at the Rhinos (coached by B Arthur) and he's always been extremely average. He never made any NSW junior teams and jaws dropped when he made Harold Matthew's. The difference with Brown is he was legitimate Jnr superstar that showed extreme promise. I guarantee you that J Arthur will disappear after a year or two. Actually I take that back cause his dad will always save his arse

In which case Bea Junior should have been dumped at the orphanage at u9s and Brad should have adopted Brown.

Latest posts