What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Illusion

Bench
once again it boils down to how we use our outside backs, how much space do we give them, how much creativity do our halves provide to put them either in gaps or one on one, how are our forwards laying a platform to give the backs room to move. If you look at the storm game we achieved non of the above, the game plan was totally useless against an attacking side like melbourne, for the people that seem to think we were in until half time, well the storm had 2 disallowed tries bombed another, it could have been 20 nil, how would that have looked. I will never blame our outside backs for their lack of strike (AKA SULI) who hasnt even scored a try yet, because of the service they get and the space they have to use their skills like Lomax is non existant.
Forwards don't get over the advantage line we have a 7 who is a 9 , who keeps going sideways when near oppositions line ( which is not often ) which cramps any attack that our backs do get ...... Anyway I really don't get disappointed after a loss anymore because I have had a lot of practice over the last 8 years or so ...... They cant compete with the top 6 or 7 teams , might snag a win here and there but that's about it , so they should be blooding and using the young blokes ...... So settle in for another at least 3 to 4 years before we can see a settled and young team that can go the distance and be competitive ...... By that time all the Pensioners in the team would have retired and the coach moved on ......

George Dragon

Juniors
Calls for Zac ro be dropped are ridiculous.
He always gives 100%

He is in our top 2 for run metres, tackle breaks, line breaks and off loads.
He leads the backs in tackles as well.

His error rates is high but I think that has a lot to do with getting involved and trying too hard at times.

Headspace wise he has been having issues, but dealing with and getting over personal events can take it toll. Some issues can take time to adjust to and get over. Anyone who has been betrayed knows how much of a toll this can take.

Let's give the kid a break and trust he will get back to his best.

Dragon David

First Grade
He always gives 100%

His error rates is high but I think that has a lot to do with getting involved and trying too hard at times.

Headspace wise he has been having issues, but dealing with and getting over personal events can take it toll. Some issues can take time to adjust to and get over. Anyone who has been betrayed knows how much of a toll this can take.

Is the personal issue to do with a women league player who has moved to the Roosters?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agreed, Lomax’s best game in ages. He needed a kick up backside for his Tyson antics. The whole post try ‘carry on’ by some teams is getting ridiculous with the players jumping over each other like they’ve won the World Cup or Grand Final for each try!
Also highly dangerous- a relaxed player not expecting a 100kg+ teammate jumping on their cervical spine is at serious risk of injury.

blacksafake

First Grade
He always gives 100%

Good post.
His efforts can’t & shouldn’t be questioned.
Gives his all every game.
I’ve certainly noticed a change in his game lately & I’m sure he’s been working on improving himself.
Not sure if people noticed his efforts against the storm but on numerous occasions he was coming around to the other side of the field looking to get involved as much as possible.

rasaint

Juniors
Fair enough Blacksafake. I notice Zac running around, even tried his twinkle toes right step against Melbourne ( as usual he got handled easily) and now looking for a chance on his new back slam tackle.

My issue is he is has been touted for years as a top tier centre which he is not. I could write down 15 to 20 centres in the comp better than him and he is a long way off the Mitchell, Manu, Olam, Staggs, Crichton, Ramien, Graham, Gagai off top of my head.

My concern is that whilst Zac has occasionally pulled off some top high bomb catches, got a few very good passes away to Rava,he doesn’t trouble opposition defences. He can mix it in the NRL but is basically unremarkable. Moves well but lacks high end dash and in my view this causes him to not turn the odd half break into a full one and also miss tackles laterally when some quick guys get outside him. His goal kicking good not great.

Zac is still signed on big coin for what another 3 to 4 years? That contract is poor management in my view.

Dragon David

First Grade
Fair enough Blacksafake. I notice Zac running around, even tried his twinkle toes right step against Melbourne ( as usual he got handled easily) and now looking for a chance on his new back slam tackle.

My issue is he is has been touted for years as a top tier centre which he is not. I could write down 15 to 20 centres in the comp better than him and he is a long way off the Mitchell, Manu, Olam, Staggs, Crichton, Ramien, Graham, Gagai off top of my head.

My concern is that whilst Zac has occasionally pulled off some top high bomb catches, got a few very good passes away to Rava,he doesn’t trouble opposition defences. He can mix it in the NRL but is basically unremarkable. Moves well but lacks high end dash and in my view this causes him to not turn the odd half break into a full one and also miss tackles laterally when some quick guys get outside him. His goal kicking good not great.

Zac is still signed on big coin for what another 3 to 4 years? That contract is poor management in my view.
Likewise rasaint.

Dragon David

First Grade
Recruitment needs to get some exciting players into our team. Some players who can positively change the course of our game. Players who commit themselves so much in attack where we are lacking terribly. Players that other teams need to watch every game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He always gives 100%

Spot on. He loves the Dragons and plays his backside off. The error rate is due to that and he will only get better. Lay off the poor fellah for trying too hard. How hard would it be to be a player like him playing for a coach who only thinks defense wins games and has no idea about attack? If Lomax is used correctly he would be lethal unfortunately he is not. Let's just give the ball to Lomax and see what he does or put a bomb up and hope he can catch it to score.
I hope he makes NS (which I doubt) because in an Origin game with quality attacking weapons around him, he would flourish.

denis preston

First Grade
Some hard markers on here, comparing to Gasnier and Cooper. At Lomax's age Gasnier was on the wing and Cooper wasn't a regular first grader.
So he needs a stint in Ressies ? Do you believe there should be more expectation & harder marking on our most well paid players ( with the higher money comes leadership & positive examples ) I do

possm

Coach
Lomax painted a target on his head when he jumped on Frizzel's back. Whenever he does something wrong now the media will jump all over it. I didn't think he was that bad, but he wasn't all that good either. He is only our second best centre these days, maybe he's feeling the pressure.
Lomax played with a heavily bandaged hand and seemed to want only to use the other hand for most of the game. Why was he selected? Hasn't the staff learned that selecting unfit players is not the way to go?

Latest posts