What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

rasaint

Juniors
Hi all,

Everything is the coach?

Rava still going OK, even yesterday with little to no room went super close.

Oppostion teams know Zac’s little twinkle toes right step ( never has been successful) and his flick pass to Rava ( when it doesn’t hit the ground) and have it covered.

possm

Coach
I was fully behind the appointment of Griffin but now think he is contributing to the problem. Lomax is no longer catching the high ball put up by Hunt. Instead, he is getting one hand to it and most time knocking the ball forward.

Griffin needs to fix this problem.

Also, Suli is cutting in towards the middle too often these days. I'd rather see more of the setting up his winger if possible.

Matt Feagai seems to be playing very well. Know I his way to the try line and runs the ball well from his red zone. He is very confident when taking the high ball and is big and strong enough not to be rag-dolled.

I'd say he should be given a go at fullback.

Suli and Feagai doing OK but Matt Feagai doesn't get much space or clean ball. Our Lomax Rava side isn't much ar present. Both suspect under high ball. Rava gave a try up waiting for a ball to come to him rather than attacking a bouncing ball.

The try that beat us in golden shower time was with 3 Tits off side but you expect as much after the multiple field goal f**kups . . everyone had enough!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
It's a major worry Rava hasn't scored since round one. That right side Lomax/Rava combo was our one strike weapon and it has been completely shut down this season.

What is the coach doing during the week?
Is it the coach though? Is he telling Lomax to take on the defence a metre from the sideline and then throw a ridiculous pass to his winger giving him no chance? The kid is overrated and is believing his own hype about being “the chosen one”

thebigredv

First Grade
Is it the coach though? Is he telling Lomax to take on the defence a metre from the sideline and then throw a ridiculous pass to his winger giving him no chance? The kid is overrated and is believing his own hype about being “the chosen one”
Either way it is de ja vu and the coach is allowing it. I agree he is overrated but still the best we got. Won't be called into the blues camp that's for sure.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was fully behind the appointment of Griffin but now think he is contributing to the problem. Lomax is no longer catching the high ball put up by Hunt. Instead, he is getting one hand to it and most time knocking the ball forward.

Griffin needs to fix this problem.

Also, Suli is cutting in towards the middle too often these days. I'd rather see more of the setting up his winger if possible.

Matt Feagai seems to be playing very well. Know I his way to the try line and runs the ball well from his red zone. He is very confident when taking the high ball and is big and strong enough not to be rag-dolled.

I'd say he should be given a go at fullback.
It could work. Like many other things, Hook needs to try as at the moment we are not coming out roses.

Like our other outside backs.. Zac is being starved of clean, early and ball in space. Whoever our game planner is, he needs a rocket where the sun dont shine as we are still far too flat in attack making us easy meat for the defense.
Lomax is a confidence player. He needs to have plenty of ball to bring out his best. Still has the neatest footwork among NRL centres but without sufficient ball it appears he is clearly off his game this season..

Last edited:
whats wrong with Lomax's Goal kicking latley
Not the consistency he had. Potted a beauty from the sideline last week then missed a simpler one ten mins later. That one would have given us a nice little buffer meaning Titans had to score twice with time running down. I see his form with the boot and in general, as a reflection of our performances this season.

Last edited:

St_Bondi

Juniors
Like our other outside backs.. Zac is being starved of clean, early and ball in space. Whoever our game planner is, he needs a rocket where the sun dont shine as we are still far too flat in attack making us easy meat for the defense.
Lomax is a confidence player. He needs to have plenty of ball to bring out his best. Still has the neatest footwork among NRL centres but without sufficient ball it appears he is clearly off his game this season..
He can find some form the the NSW Cup.

Smacka

Juniors
Lomax to lock - last chance - he is too easy to defend at centre & needs game involvement to shine. Has the propensity to do something "special" due to limited opportunity out wide.

Latest posts