What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Panthers V Storm

Smug Panther

First Grade
We put away the stupid running it on the last on the opposition try line but otherwise we were the same as we’ve been all season. Great but not special.

The Storm were trash, with Paps and Hughes they have more points in them, but their defence is what it is. We are stronger through the middle and out wide they’re absolute pus.

From our end Edwards and Crichton can’t pass for shit and butcher tries but they’re so much better at everything else than the next possible player that we just make do. But Crichton is naturally, all things being equal, a winger, he can’t set up a winger and pass for shit, you’ve all f**king learnt that now right and I don’t have to put up with Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber faces when I f**king say it now right?

Chris Smith should get his opportunity during Origin, if SOO selection doesn’t pan out that way and injuries don’t either then Ivan needs to simply select him in first grade for a stint. I think the majority here who has seen him play a bit would agree Chris Smith getting an extended chance in first grade should mean end of Salmon who has been found wanting.
I think we let Critter take that Dolphins money

soc123_au

Staff member
You know you've been spoilt when you are annoyed we didn't win by 50. We left far too many points out there.

Defensively and making meters we are amazing. Fluent backline play, not so much. I hope we have seen the last of Salmon.

Smug Panther

First Grade
You know you've been spoilt when you are annoyed we didn't win by 50. We left far too many points out there.

Defensively and making meters we are amazing. Fluent backline play, not so much. I hope we have seen the last of Salmon.
Edwards had a stinker with the ball too. Should have been 50 for sure

GongPanther

Referee
A brilliant team effort in which the last 15 to 20 minutes can be forgiven due to draining exhaustion...and in the wet. I think we have to be mindful of the Storm who even without their top stars, they still had enough talent and should have put on more than 6 points.

Munky

Coach
A brilliant team effort in which the last 15 to 20 minutes can be forgiven due to draining exhaustion...and in the wet. I think we have to be mindful of the Storm who even without their top stars, they still had enough talent and should have put on more than 6 points.

The Storm even with Hughes don't have a great long kicking game.

Get rid of the piggy back penalties and they'll struggle with game management. They couldn't get out of their half during the second stanza.

Broncos with Reynolds could be a problem come finals time.

GongPanther

Referee
Edwards had a stinker with the ball too. Should have been 50 for sure
IMO I think we could fast track Crichton to FB, regardless of those hard yards Edwards makes, I think Crichton can manage even better from dummy half runs. That might be the deal breaker if he is looking at joining the Fins.

Smug Panther

First Grade
IMO I think we could fast track Crichton to FB, regardless of those hard yards Edwards makes, I think Crichton can manage even better from dummy half runs. That might be the deal breaker if he is looking at joining the Fins.
I'll take Dyl on half the cash I think. 12 months ago I'd have agreed but Edwards is doing enough

chrisD

Coach
Here’s what I’d do if I were king. Accept Edwards and Crichton are bad passers. Thus Edwards/Crichton become purely runners. I tell them whenever you get the ball in that backline play dummy and run, every time. And then when the defence has seen that a few times, and if they’re good enough stopped it, when the opportunity presents I chip or cut out to the wing.

Edwards and Crichton have had long enough to show us what they are, and they’re not great passers, hoping they’re going to get it right when it matters is just playing Russian Roulette.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Here’s what I’d do if I were king. Accept Edwards and Crichton are bad passers. Thus Edwards/Crichton become purely runners. I tell them whenever you get the ball in that backline play dummy and run, every time. And then when the defence has seen that a few times, and if they’re good enough stopped it, when the opportunity presents I chip or cut out to the wing.

Edwards and Crichton have had long enough to show us what they are, and they’re not great passers, hoping they’re going to get it right when it matters is just playing Russian Roulette.
Edwards was doing ok until the last month but it seems you were right about Critter all along

chrisD

Coach
You f**king serious??? Then we still have the same f**king problem, it’s right there, neither of the merkins, Edwards or Crichton, can pass under pressure when it matters, and as far as getting away a useful quick play the ball in our own end, despite all appearances, Edwards is maybe the best in the league.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I don't really care about the minor premiership apart from the fact that it would be a disgrace to win a comp in that pink jersey and have to watch highlights for the rest of my life. So we need to finish above Melbourne

Latest posts