What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Panthers V Storm

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
The fact that Bellyache wasn't too upset in the post game press conference tells me he thinks he can still beat us.
Get some of his 1st string backline back and his halfback and the result might be a little different.
Least that what he is thinking.
Hopefully we have another gear if needed.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The fact that Bellyache wasn't too upset in the post game press conference tells me he thinks he can still beat us.
Get some of his 1st string backline back and his halfback and the result might be a little different.

I thought he looked plenty concerned. Beaten up in the forwards.....I think he was bemused, realising how comprehensively Storm were outplayed, often in the effort areas.

Yep I agree with you Storm had injuries, that would have made some difference. Penrith also left about 20-30 points out on the ground too.

Iamback

Coach

Both teams will be confident they can play better.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I thought he looked plenty concerned. Beaten up in the forwards.....I think he was bemused, realising how comprehensively Storm were outplayed, often in the effort areas.

Yep I agree with you Storm had injuries, that would have made some difference. Penrith also left about 20-30 points out on the ground too.
if the game was on the line, would we have got those points?

They beat us by a similar amount late last year and then we beat them in the finals. These games mean little except the 2 points…

Original Name

Juniors
And was stating that 3 guys would further improve the side to the one who beat you on Friday.
While this is true to an extent neither team really shifted it to the side line because of how dewy it was. So the quality of the edge defences had basically no effect on the game due to the conditions. The only thing the outside backs contributed was yardage/quick play the balls and that improvement would be marginal with Sivo coming off an acl. It's not like the players Eels brought in as back ups catted it and didn't have a crack running at the line or something.
They beat us by a similar amount late last year and then we beat them in the finals. These games mean little except the 2 points…
I swear we beat the Eels last year.

Original Name

Juniors
if the game was on the line, would we have got those points?
We would have had to play like trash for the game to be on the line with the way the Storm turned up with due respect. So you're asking about an alternative universe where we played like trash which is hard to realistically think about because we haven't done it since we had like 7 players out last year.

While this is true to an extent neither team really shifted it to the side line because of how dewy it was. So the quality of the edge defences had basically no effect on the game due to the conditions. The only thing the outside backs contributed was yardage/quick play the balls and that improvement would be marginal with Sivo coming off an acl. It's not like the players Eels brought in as back ups catted it and didn't have a crack running at the line or something.

I swear we beat the Eels last year.
I was responding to Thirsty Panthers post referencing the Storm game.

Latest posts