What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Panthers V Storm

pantherz9103

First Grade
That's more like it from us! Storm barely got out of their own half in the second half. I know that they were missing two big stars in their spine but they always say you can't use excuses like that. We simply dominated them through the middle and Kikau was awesome tonight and Luai and Cleary combined the best they have for a while. I know it will be much tougher against Storm's top spine but still fun to see us thrash the Storm for once rather than the other way round!

Iamback

Coach
Edwards had a stinker with the ball too. Should have been 50 for sure

I would like to see him on the left every now and then.

Wingers rush in and belt him. Doesn't happen on the left.. I guess we will soon find out if it is Kikau's presence or not

GongPanther

Referee
You f**king serious??? Then we still have the same f**king problem, it’s right there, neither of the merkins, Edwards or Crichton, can pass under pressure when it matters, and as far as getting away a useful quick play the ball in our own end, despite all appearances, Edwards is maybe the best in the league.
I haven't rubber stamped it just yet. I'll PM you first when I sign it off. lol!

Iamback

Coach
I don't really care about the minor premiership apart from the fact that it would be a disgrace to win a comp in that pink jersey and have to watch highlights for the rest of my life. So we need to finish above Melbourne

Minor premiership of late has been a curse

Iamback

Coach
On the right.
We don't need it right yet. They are getting better.
Crichton bombed 2 tries
Edwards one the tackle before Kiks scored.

So going the right way

chrisD

Coach
I don’t think I’m particularly partial to overating us, I was more than happy to put the boot in during false reigns like Hook’s tenure and I think it was 2010 (the bomb for Coote season we finished 2nd). But I genuinely feel we are the best team in the league based on our middle driving back defence and go forward onslaught, and believe we still have room for improvement in our halve’s control. Our backline finishing as documented isn’t without fault but can’t be improved upon with the current squad.

We are the best team, and it’s not close, but it’s only May and there’s plenty of time for other contenders to emerge. Sharks and Cows being the obvious candidates.

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Minor premiership of late has been a curse

Minor premiership is meaningless in a comp which disrupts itself in the middle of the season for some provincial games.

It's a bit better now with the Sunday origin however finishing first is the result of a good draw in the middle of the season.

Except 2020, that was our chance to set all records 😔

Iamback

Coach
Minor premiership is meaningless in a comp which disrupts itself in the middle of the season for some provincial games.

It's a bit better now with the Sunday origin however finishing first is the result of a good draw in the middle of the season.

Except 2020, that was our chance to set all records 😔

Roosters in 2013 is the last one I remember winning it

chrisD

Coach
Actually thinking a little more on it I can’t think of a team that defence wise is so dominant week to week. We are up for dominating every tackle every set. The Morley Roosters whenever that was is the closest comparison that comes to mind.

Munky

Coach
Actually thinking a little more on it I can’t think of a team that defence wise is so dominant week to week. We are up for dominating every tackle every set. The Morley Roosters whenever that was is the closest comparison that comes to mind.

Roosters 2013 were a brick wall.

Won a final 4 nil.

Current Penrith team is better but they were very good.

What an outstanding performance. We were dominant and suffocating as usual but were overall pretty fluent despite the game being played in biblical conditions. A few errors, but it was really well played in the wet.

Yeo was unreal. Incredible a bloke of his size can do what he did for Tago's first try. To run and tackle as well as any middle while laying on plays like that is pretty special.

In a similar vein, Edwards is light years ahead of where he was only a couple of seasons ago. Some great passes and overall makes the right look considerably more threatening.

Cleary was exceptional, but Luai, Kikau and Critta were all very good. Thought big Moses played really well too, especially in his first stint. No poor performances though.

I don't think the result would have been much different with Hughes/Papi. They're both great players, but what half/fullback is going to carry a game when the middle gets so thoroughly smashed? As good as they look when they go even or win the physical side of the game, they look desperate and rudderless when they lose it (which admittedly doesn't happen often). We have to be on vs them, but I don't think their best is anywhere near a match for ours.
I agree with the last paragraph; Welch being out is a huge loss for them.

Panfa

Juniors
I told you guys panthers will pump the storm apart from a few guys out for them that's what happens when you are belting shit teams and think your going well.You come up against a good side who's hungry and you get spanked.