What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

You guys are so transparent. It just has to be that he left for low coin, because if he left for $800k, you wouldn’t be able play the blame game.

The dogs haven’t even announced Reed or Kikau officially so all we have is sources. Two sources and one is just as likely to be true or made up as the other.
Except we have many more than two sources. And all of them but one mention four years. Which of course you are desperate to believe because you can use it to defend the club. Come back to planet Earth, it's really not so bad.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't believe me? Try to find even one other article that reports three years.
Better still, I’ll wait for SMH to retract or the NRL to register his contract. Until then, we have to speculative sources.

You see the way it works is that one guy says what he is told or thinks and then the others say he’s “reportedly” signed blah blah. Now it’s been changed to something else. So now he’s reportedly signed for something else. Both are plausible soz.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is the season over already and Mahoney leaving this week?

You do realise that for 2023 we have already signed Josh Hodgson and we have a young guy on our books called Brendan Hands who is a highly rated young hooker, right?

Out of curiosity why is Hands playing lock forward? If we see him as someone we want in the we future wouldn't he be better to play hooker? It confused me. For some reason it had me wonder if the club doesn't rate him as a hooker. Then I thought perhaps they do and just need to him work on his defense and run game so doing it at lock as his dummy half service is fine already.

Better still, I’ll wait for SMH to retract or the NRL to register his contract. Until then, we have to speculative sources.

You see the way it works is that one guy says what he is told or thinks and then the others say he’s “reportedly” signed blah blah. Now it’s been changed to something else. So now he’s reportedly signed for something else. Both are plausible soz.
Let me help you out by telling you the first rule of holes. When you find yourself in one, stop digging.

Leaguenutter

Juniors
Once Bea realises that Nigel Matamasinghi is a league God in waiting the better the team will go. It's a no brainer really

hindy111

Post Whore
Spoke to an Eels sponsor, and the figures and length of contract are pretty accurate ,as he was preparing a TPA when Reed reneged due to the crazy offer made by Gus.

I met a drunk Panthers board member once. He was spilling his beans about Gus. Was telling all about various players they are paying to play elsewhere including 250k a year for RCG for 3yrs. By memory he said they where paying well over half a mill a season for guys to play elsewhere. Hiku, Blake and others.
Gus is good but not a god. Made lots of bad signings.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I met a drunk Panthers board member once. He was spilling his beans about Gus. Was telling all about various players they are paying to play elsewhere including 250k a year for RCG for 3yrs. By memory he said they where paying well over half a mill a season for guys to play elsewhere. Hiku, Blake and others.
His focus in the coming years will be on development more so than recruitment.

yy_cheng

Coach
Out of curiosity why is Hands playing lock forward? If we see him as someone we want in the we future wouldn't he be better to play hooker? It confused me. For some reason it had me wonder if the club doesn't rate him as a hooker. Then I thought perhaps they do and just need to him work on his defense and run game so doing it at lock as his dummy half service is fine already.
Maybe they see him as a 14 next year behind hodgo.

So it will be good to see if he copes with other positions

hindy111

Post Whore
His focus in the coming years will be on development more so than recruitment.

Sure. Problem is the area. Its just not the same anymore. Less people in those areas play rugby league. Same goes for Parra.
Penrith has so many islanders and rugby league families. To be fair so do the West tigers.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah how many players at Penrith that Gus either signed or were told to leave by Gus actually didn't finish there contracts and were released early.

No such thing as a contract under Gus.

Luke Lewis
Petero Civoenceva
Lachlan Coote
Michael Jennings
Jamie Soward
Trent Merrin
Matt Moylan
Waqa Blake
Reagan Campbell Gillard
Bryce Cartwright
Peter Hiku