What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

hindy111

Post Whore
Well like I said, the dozens are all reporting the same source. It gives the illusion of multiple sources. This isn’t official information (the contract doesn’t even exist on nrl.com), so most likely is someone heard a figure, inferred another figure, someone printed it and everyone else ran with it in the absence of anything official. This latest article likely got its numbers the same way.

I mean you know. Who cares what another clubs paying him. He isn't with us anymore. Does it matter? You win some and you lose some.
If we kept great but we would have the problem of hoping he plays at the level of a 650k player.
When we re-signed N.Brown we where all happy now we realise he just isn't worth the 500k odd he was paid and cost us Papali'i. Atleast it is only for one more season. I'm still thinking he gets tap on shoulder in the off season and looks for a UK contract.

Time will tell if we miss him. But at the moment it's all just a guess. Imagine Hodgson has a blinder of a season or a younger guys steps up and kills it. These are possibilites. Another possibility is Reed just plays like he has this season. Solid but nothing spectacular. His only TAs have come against rubbish teams.

I mean you know. Who cares what another clubs paying him. He isn't with us anymore. Does it matter? You win some and you lose some.
If we kept great but we would have the problem of hoping he plays at the level of a 650k player.
When we re-signed N.Brown we where all happy now we realise he just isn't worth the 500k odd he was paid and cost us Papali'i. Atleast it is only for one more season. I'm still thinking he gets tap on shoulder in the off season and looks for a UK contract.

Time will tell if we miss him. But at the moment it's all just a guess. Imagine Hodgson has a blinder of a season or a younger guys steps up and kills it. These are possibilites. Another possibility is Reed just plays like he has this season. Solid but nothing spectacular. His only TAs have come against rubbish teams.
No we'd have to hope he played at the level of an 800K player. It's in an article. All the other articles were just copied from the original, which was wrong. But not this one. It's just a coincidence that when you divide 2.4M by 3 you get 800, and when you do it by 4 you get 600.

eels_fan

First Grade
Anyone heard anything about Marata?

been no mention of his injury anywhere other than BA saying he couldn’t return to the field in the press conference.

I’ll only believe this if eleven other merkins repeat it.

#corroboration
You can't honestly believe that every single article from various competing news sources was just repeating the same claim? The industry leaks like a sieve and journalists actually do have sources. The length of a contract is not something that they get wrong very often. Against that you've got one single article which may be a simple error. But apparently we're supposed to regard these two claims equally.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You can't honestly believe that every single article from various competing news sources was just repeating the same claim? The industry leaks like a sieve and journalists actually do have sources. The length of a contract is not something that they get wrong very often. Against that you've got one single article which may be a simple error. But apparently we're supposed to regard these two claims equally.
Nah Gronk and Pou know pretty much everything , and it’s not like them to defend to the club no matter what……..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Aaaand it's not like you take a position against the club no matter what. 👍
I’d comfortably argue that I’m much more bipartisan than you Gronky, I’ve said plenty of times MON has done a great job getting this roster together. Just a shame that the coaching staff aren’t good enough to get them best out of them. You have never said anything negative about club ever. You even praised Sharpy deluxe lol.

Besides the time your mate Fitzy was voted out and Spags and co was voted in, you were very negative then. But to be fair to you Gronky you were spot on about those dopes.

Gronk

Staff member
I’d comfortably argue that I’m much more bipartisan than you Gronky, I’ve said plenty of times MON has done a great job getting this roster together. Just a shame that the coaching staff aren’t good enough to get them best out of them. You have never said anything negative about club ever. You even praised Sharpy deluxe lol.

Besides the time your mate Fitzy was voted out and Spags and co was voted in, you were very negative then. But to be fair to you Gronky you were spot on about those dopes.
🤓 Ooh I have more credibility than you. Seriously just stop. You should go into politics to be the spin doctor.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
🤓 Ooh I have more credibility than you. Seriously just stop. You should go into politics to be the spin doctor.
world of warcraft legion GIF

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There's no hypocrisy at my end. Only one of us is claiming that my Dad is better than your Dad in the playground.
You accused me of bagging the club every chance I get which is bullshit, while you support the club no matter what the circumstances. As I said pot meet kettle.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nah Gronk and Pou know pretty much everything , and it’s not like them to defend to the club no matter what……..

It's common sense but. If it was 600k heaps of clubs would of been sniffing around. The fact nobody bothered they would of baulked at asking price. I dare say it was around 700k.
If it was 600k I think an offer from the Eels around 570k and he'd stay. And I reckon we probably got close to that.
Most likely we offer 450k earlier in season. They say no we will wait.
Dogs offer him 600k managersl comes back to us and we go up to 575k and say that's it.Mahoney is happy with that bit the Dogs then go up to 650-700k.
Manager then tells other clubs that are interested and they say no way are we matching or beating that.....

Gronk

Staff member
Argh, claim and counterclaim. Glass half full or glass half empty.

Same shit, different story.