What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

dannyt

Coach
I can’t believe how much poor old Ben cops it from the media & fans, even our own.

The constant comments Re the value of his contract & now it’s “his fault” the Dally M’s are shit because he’s on top of the leader board FFS.

The bloke can’t take a trick.
He does cop a lot of flak, especially in the early days with us. There's no doubt he's a fantastic footballer, and we'd be in a lot trouble without. Like all players, he does have a weakness; he's not a game manager. This fault is where a lot of the criticism stems, but a good coach will adjust things to maximise strengths and minimise weaknesses. Bennett was superb at doing this, notably with Soward. It's been noted before, but perhaps we need a game manager in the team, and Benny can become our version of Cameron Smith.

Last edited:

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
As much as I'm not a Hook fan, I think making Hunt captain was a master-stroke.

Hunt always struck me as being too inside his own head - no doubt some of the excruciating lessons earlier in his career had something to do with this. And by making him captain, he's been forced to get out of his head and his game has absolutely flourished.

He may still have some deficiencies but when the player leading the Dally M's is from a bottom-8 team, it's pretty obvious he's carrying the side.

Hard Yards

Juniors
Ben Hunt is worth every cent. What success we have this season will depend a lot on his 80m of service, he leads from the front every game. Its vital he dose not pick up an injury during his Qld. campaign, his absence from the back end of last year was a set back we did not recover from regardless of bbq gate.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Ben Hunt is worth every cent. What success we have this season will depend a lot on his 80m of service, he leads from the front every game. Its vital he dose not pick up an injury during his Qld. campaign, his absence from the back end of last year was a set back we did not recover from regardless of bbq gate.
At least he won't play 80 minutes in Origin, with Grant there. Barring injuries of course.

denis preston

First Grade
As much as I'm not a Hook fan, I think making Hunt captain was a master-stroke.

Hunt always struck me as being too inside his own head - no doubt some of the excruciating lessons earlier in his career had something to do with this. And by making him captain, he's been forced to get out of his head and his game has absolutely flourished.

He may still have some deficiencies but when the player leading the Dally M's is from a bottom-8 team, it's pretty obvious he's carrying the side.
IMO it is easier to shine in a bottom 8 team if you are as good as Hunt. We win and the lazy scorer gives 3 points to the highest profile player.

Latest posts