What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When you don't turn up mentally and therefore your effort is way down on where it should be, then all those other things that go wrong in the game that you are referring to start to multiply and your game falls apart. Then dumb, dumbs like yourself see the missed tackles, wayward passes, lack of offloads, losing the ruck and less possession, which are the symptoms and result of not putting in the effort, as the problem and highlight them.

But basically we weren't switch on and the coach is struggling to work out how to fix us.
Like I said, it’s not effort that’s the problem, it’s lack of patience.

Noise

Coach
While Ryan Matterson - the form lock of the NRL - misses out, again...

Fittler has no idea.
Fittler just picked a side that flogged Qld without Ryan Matterson. I’d say he has some idea.
On top of that, Ryan Matterson was very average in a losing NSW side plus he was injured last weekend. How the f**k would you pick him in the squad for this origin game?

TheRam

Coach
I just want a new coach to see what happens on here if we don't immediately improve in every game.

Then the new coach will get criticized mercilessly and hopefully sacked real quick as he should be.

This will happen up and until we get the right man for the job and by that I mean the merkin that can take us all the way and quickly to a premiership.

The time for 5 year plans is over. It is not acceptable. I don't believe in them for a club like ours. A premiership within 3 seasons by any new coach at Parra, or at least massive improvements in player attitude and consistency that takes our team to within the top 4, great for and against differentials, Finals and GF's and we play well in them win or lose. Only then do we know that we have the right man for the job.

This would also mean that he knows what he is doing or at least we have addressed our junior development pathways and we actually have players each and every year coming through that are pushing for NRL positions otherwise the above just won't happen.

These are all signs that we have the right man for the job. We don't have a wonky administration anymore. By all other markers we are an elite team that should almost always be a serious contender. The only missing ingredients are to many plodders in the football department that aren't getting the job done. That needs to be addressed. A great coach knows what success looks like and as soon as he gets here will start to restructure the joint to suit his vision to succeed as all the great coaches do. We just haven't had one for years, so many in our football department steering our success or lack there of are mediocre and or stifled by bad practices that need to be changed or improved upon.

But I think this season more then previously fans(and apologists) have started to realise that this coach is cooked and can not take us any further. The apologist tree was still quite heavy with fruit even at the beginning of this season, but due to the many glaring meek and embarrassing efforts put in this season the tree is now almost bare. Only a couple of very, very bitter and sour, malnourished fruits that didn't get enough sunlight or nutrition and are malformed are left hanging on their own swinging in what is turning out to be quite a bone chilling cold and windy winter indeed.

Cloeel

Juniors
Then the new coach will get criticized mercilessly and hopefully sacked real quick as he should be.

This will happen up and until we get the right man for the job and by that I mean the merkin that can take us all the way and quickly to a premiership.

The time for 5 year plans is over. It is not acceptable. I don't believe in them for a club like ours. A premiership within 3 seasons by any new coach at Parra, or at least massive improvements in player attitude and consistency that takes our team to within the top 4, great for and against differentials, Finals and GF's and we play well in them win or lose. Only then do we know that we have the right man for the job.

This would also mean that he knows what he is doing or at least we have addressed our junior development pathways and we actually have players each and every year coming through that are pushing for NRL positions otherwise the above just won't happen.

These are all signs that we have the right man for the job. We don't have a wonky administration anymore. By all other markers we are an elite team that should almost always be a serious contender. The only missing ingredients are to many plodders in the football department that aren't getting the job done. That needs to be addressed. A great coach knows what success looks like and as soon as he gets here will start to restructure the joint to suit his vision to succeed as all the great coaches do. We just haven't had one for years, so many in our football department steering our success or lack there of are mediocre and or stifled by bad practices that need to be changed or improved upon.

But I think this season more then previously fans(and apologists) have started to realise that this coach is cooked and can not take us any further. The apologist tree was still quite heavy with fruit even at the beginning of this season, but due to the many glaring meek and embarrassing efforts put in this season the tree is now almost bare. Only a couple of very, very bitter and sour, malnourished fruits that didn't get enough sunlight or nutrition and are malformed are left hanging on their own swinging in what is turning out to be quite a bone chilling cold and windy winter indeed.

How can you make 3 year demands on coaches when we clearly do not have the pathways and structures in place to be a probable chance of being as good if not better then the top sides every year?

From what you have said above you put majority responsibility on the coach to bring us a premiership... Any coach with half a brain will not come here if that is the case.

SneakyEel

Juniors
I've heard the Penrith players talk at the origin camps, and they all love Ciraldo. They praise him actually. BA can f**k off now his been in the job way too long. He hasn't even got us to the Preliminary in his years of coaching. His most significant achievement is a wooden spoon. Also with Ciraldo, he'll be able to entice a couple of juniors to come with him. BA can't get us to the next step we definitely have the squad just not the coach. If Bellamy coached us I reckon we'd be Premiers for two years running and we'd definitely win the comp this year.

Snoochies

First Grade
I've heard the Penrith players talk at the origin camps, and they all love Ciraldo. They praise him actually. BA can f**k off now his been in the job way too long. He hasn't even got us to the Preliminary in his years of coaching. His most significant achievement is a wooden spoon. Also with Ciraldo, he'll be able to entice a couple of juniors to come with him. BA can't get us to the next step we definitely have the squad just not the coach. If Bellamy coached us I reckon we'd be Premiers for two years running and we'd definitely win the comp this year.
Exactly what our players said about BA before he became coach and have continually said about him for the last 10 years. I'd hope it wouldn't be a repeat again.

Incorrect

Coach
As @Snoochies stated above, Parra players apparently all love/loved BA too and we were led to believe that players were keen to stick around and continue under his coaching... But then Marata, Ice, Rheed, Stone, Oregon et al ended up signing elsewhere. Even the captain baulked at re-signing

And all of these contract decisions came down to $$'s. Pure and simple. So I'm very dubious about how much players apparently love their coaches.... Bottom line is they love money more...

Tooooks

Bench
I think they love BA because he makes excuses for them and praises them for their defence like in the first half last week when we should’ve been down 30-6. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and they respect him but that’s not really enough, is it?