What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Also not convinced Walsh will be a superstar. Looks a guy who is to small for fullback to get to the top level and too erratic to be a half. However highly skilled and talented I

Eelementary

Post Whore
You did say Matterson was the form Lock in the Comp though. I was just pointing out Yeo is the best Lock in the game and would say his form is better than Matterson’s by a long way too.

A player hitting a purple patch of form doesn't mean the incumbent best in their position is usurped.

Prior to Origin I, Matterson was putting up great numbers.

Soto

Bench
That's because the Sharks weren't stupid enough to give him 9 seasons and counting.
And now thriving with a new coach and only 3 new players if you include McInness.
The acquisition of Hynes and Finucane has actually seen other players lift to a new level. They are a smokey.
Good strong pack, decent backs and they will pull the trigger on Graham and Fifita to hold onto Nikora, Hunt, Hamlin-Uele.
They are evolving whereas we seem to be regressing...and quickly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he was a dud in state of origin

there may be a lot more to being a successful club than the coach

junior retention, pathways, scouting system, coaching staff, and assistants just to name a few issues, then there is the coach

Ciraldo may be very good at the Panthers due to their system at the moment, put him in our system and he may be as successful as Bellyache was in SOO
Nah we'd win the comp with Bellamy due to our awesome side that has as many NSW Origin reps as the Cowboys but only one sixth the number of premiership winners.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And now thriving with a new coach and only 3 new players if you include McInness.
The acquisition of Hynes and Finucane has actually seen other players lift to a new level. They are a smokey.
Good strong pack, decent backs and they will pull the trigger on Graham and Fifita to hold onto Nikora, Hunt, Hamlin-Uele.
They are evolving whereas we seem to be regressing...and quickly
If only we had the money and the resources of a rich and wealthy club like the Sharks.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I hope we are smart enough to be talking seriously to Ciraldo and Flanno (or both).

What's the obsession with these 2? Ciraldo is being touted by the media as the best assistant since Trent Barrett was at penrith. Then with Flanagan it may be telling that despite Fox's best attempts to get him a job by putting him in commentary and 3 clubs recently sacking their coaches he hasn't been a head coach at an NRL club since being banned. Wasn't he meant to take over at the dragons when McGregor left? If desperate clubs like the tigers, warriors, dogs, and dragons won't hire him why should we?

I don't know who the silver bullet is but these two I'd be staying well away from. I'd look at John Morris, Simon Woolford, possibly Ryan Carr? The latter two may be too close to the current head coach for some though.

Cloeel

Juniors
If only we had the money and the resources of a rich and wealthy club like the Sharks.

You can have all the money and resources in the world and still be incompetent.

It is upper managements responsibility to develop suitable strategy and implement across all divisions of the club.

TheRam

Coach
he was a dud in state of origin

there may be a lot more to being a successful club than the coach

junior retention, pathways, scouting system, coaching staff, and assistants just to name a few issues, then there is the coach

Ciraldo may be very good at the Panthers due to their system at the moment, put him in our system and he may be as successful as Bellyache was in SOO

By this arse up logic Meninga is a better coach then Bellamy.

Latest posts