What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Leichhardt Oval 9/7/22

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So if we fail to miss our goal again do we persist with BA?
Depends on the circumstances (fail to make finals/first week exit is probably the end of him)….but I would probably let him see out his contract, as I don’t think there is anyone else better at this stage.

the only option I reckon is better is Flanagan, I potentially reckon he would be great for us (from his sharks form, he added that “defensive” edge, we seem to be lacking” / plus he hasn’t coached at a club with “resources”) but there seems something about him we don’t know as clubs seem to be over looking him..

I reckon CC may be overrated by the media and he hasn’t coach anywhere else except the panthers so hasn’t experienced the lows that come with coaching…

If BA sees out his contract and we decide to look elsewhere, I reckon a potential option could be Young, he is highly rated and has coached at more then one club (so knows the lows and highs)….and also rep sides …

I also think Kearney could be an option, hasnt had much luck always going to clubs with poor rosters but seems to be rated !

the phantom menace

First Grade
I wonder if they have approached Smith and he actually doesnt want a role.
I was offered a job once that everyone on an internet forum wanted me to have, but I didnt want it.
That didnt stop the forumites bagging the company that offered me the role for not hiring me though.
Can understand why you didn't want to be an Uber driver... and there's nothing internet forums like more than bagging Uber out at any opportunity.

the phantom menace

First Grade
The sin bin try was vital, and that turned the game. Match likely would have been a struggle without the 15 mins that followed. Defence still too soft at key times. Attack still too inconsistent. Too mistake ridden in both attack and defence tonight to be confident about our ability to challenge all top 4 teams on their day.

Moses did ok today though - but when can we have more than one of our four spine players having a good game in the same match?

One newspaper review recokoned RCG sent a message to Freddy... but I reckon failing to break 100m running in 57mins against the team running 15th/16th isn't the message I was hoping for. Hope Paulo and Matterson pull through ok.

jk13

First Grade
Shit game but at least Moses ran tonight and sivo is a beast one on one. That should b the game plan every week

IFR33K

Coach
Depends on the circumstances (fail to make finals/first week exit is probably the end of him)….but I would probably let him see out his contract, as I don’t think there is anyone else better at this stage.

the only option I reckon is better is Flanagan, I potentially reckon he would be great for us (from his sharks form, he added that “defensive” edge, we seem to be lacking” / plus he hasn’t coached at a club with “resources”) but there seems something about him we don’t know as clubs seem to be over looking him..

I reckon CC may be overrated by the media and he hasn’t coach anywhere else except the panthers so hasn’t experienced the lows that come with coaching…

If BA sees out his contract and we decide to look elsewhere, I reckon a potential option could be Young, he is highly rated and has coached at more then one club (so knows the lows and highs)….and also rep sides …

I also think Kearney could be an option, hasnt had much luck always going to clubs with poor rosters but seems to be rated !

yeah let’s bring SK back, we could have Paul langmack as his assistant.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why does Simonnson always run sideways before straightening up? The only game where he played well was against Canberra where he did no Joseph Paulo sidewinder one impressions.
His leg drive is piss, so he’s trying to get between defenders.

oldmancraigy

Coach
So if we fail to miss our goal again do we persist with BA?
This is a mind bending question....

The goal would be what?? Top4 finish? Preliminary final?

By your statement, if we miss the goal, persist with BA.
If we fail to miss it (ie, we make it) sack him.

??

Soto

Bench
Gutho
Sivo
Blake
Penisini
Russell
Brown
Moses
Junior
Rheed
RCG
Laney
Papali'i
Niukore

Rein
Matterson
Rodwell
Brown
Nuikore really looks gassed lately.
No way he starts ahead of Matto.
I'd rather make a SOS call out to Will Smith than have blame it on the rein. (I understand he recently left the Titans for compassionate reasons and is back in Sydney or NSW)
We do need a utility on the bench but reality is we don't have one at the club who can capably play that role at the moment.
With limited options I would still have Cartwright there. I think he would warm the bench better than opacic as he's a bigger body. (Can also play, 2nd row, lock, 5/8 and centre)

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
They are both stronger clubs mate, proven by the fact they both won premierships in recent years, under coaches who are no longer employed.
You have to stop starting at the conclusion and then cherry picking data to support it. It’s a very oversimplistic way of looking at things.

Latest posts