What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin III - Wed 13 Jul - QLD 22-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smug Panther

First Grade
Rubbish

Not the Pearce part, the Cleary part.

We have absolutely no evidence that Cleary would have won that game for NSW in 2013. He shat the bed against far worse sides in 2020 and 2022 and the winning series' he has been a part of were on the back of Teddy, Turbo and latrell among others doing all the work for him.

It is no fluke that his 2 best games were game 2's in 2020 and 2022 which were both blow outs after QLD won the opener. He is the biggest downhill skier to ever ski.
f**k you are a butt hurt Piss fan for the ages

mongoose

Coach
NSW too structured in that 2nd half, needed to break out of it... QLD also just looked like they wanted it more, I don't get NSW in those kind of games - it's like they are just going through the motions and hoping something will happen.

Surely thats the end of Jurbo and Saifiti's origin careers, Offer nothing

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You are The most brain dead biased f**kwit ever .

Ref carried Queensland all f**king series. Yet kn the rare occassion he calls them out for being blatant grubby cheating f**kwits like they are you are spitting shit like you shouldnt be penalized for it

Queenslanders just cant comprehend being published for cheating.
Babes I appreciate this NSW pashun. But let's be real here. The refereeing throughout the entire series was an absolute Klein Kampf special. Both teams were rogered here and there.

I've just watched the replay after attending last night and it is so interesting that you would have such opinion. The repeated NSW infringements at the end of the first half, which Kaufusi was rightly binned in Perth, did not result in a NSW binning last night.

Burton's dogshot on Ponga to keep him out of play was more significant than Gagai's push, yet NSW were awarded the penalty. Burton changed direction faster than me if I were heading left and noticed Reuben Cotter was presenting for me to my right. IMO, NSW had a great rub of the Klein pecker last night.

NSW were a cringeworthy pantomime last night. From the Samoan and Tongan players bluffing their way through the anthem, to Luai standing over a clearly concussed Cobbo like he laid him out in a prizefight when it was actually Carrigan's hip that did the damage. Luai will go down with one of the poorest forms of sportsmanship in Australian sport for some time. But it's ok, we won't have to support him in the WC. Maybe pick some boys that want to be there (Wighton, RCG, Matto) and not those that want individual (or club) glory that do not give a flying f**k about the country and state (Crichton, To'o, Luai, Tupou).

_Johnsy

Referee
“Tripped”
He intentionally ran over Ponga, we should have got the penalty for taking our player out first, he wasn’t even back one side so not sure how Gagai took him out of play
Have to be taking the piss. He was obviously trying to get back in the defensive line. QLD with the ball & 20'ish m out. Deliberate, FMD. Tell me you know SFA about the game, without telling me you know SFA about the game.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
These are the mornings we live for.

Everything great about Queensland on display to the world last night. Passion, hunger, desire, brilliant skill, overcoming adversity against all odds and a stack of missing players. Maroon warriors breathing fire. Gagai melting a blues hobo that got what he deserved.

And everything miserable about NSW also - Luai is an ugly slug, Johns doing his drug-f**ked wanker routine, Fittler whinging about everything, overrated hacks like Cleary being shown up for what they are.

Pure Origin, just marvellous!

Danish

Referee
Do you really want to hear the truth? I have a feeling you don’t, you just want to shit on Cleary.

When in the second half was QLD pinned against their own goal line for a large period of time and DCE somehow with his magical kicking game got them out of trouble? Did he do that or did he nail some 40/20s and some other good kicks when they were already half way up the field?

Realistically you should be blaming Tupou for helping QLD pin NSW at their goal line but we both know you wouldn’t do that. There’s a few players that we shouldn’t pick again and at the top of that list is your boy from the Roosters.

DCE kicked several times from inside his own 30 early in the tackle count. He kicked from inside his own 20 several times. All of them found grass and turned what would have been great field position for NSW into a chance for QLD to

meanwhile Cleary had several last tackle chances from inside Qld’s 40 in the second half. He kicked pedestrian bombs to no one every time.

he got absolutely schooled by DCE. Meninga will be picking the QLD halves with 100% certainty

butchmcdick

Immortal
DCE kicked several times from inside his own 30 early in the tackle count. He kicked from inside his own 20 several times. All of them found grass and turned what would have been great field position for NSW into a chance for QLD to

meanwhile Cleary had several last tackle chances from inside Qld’s 40 in the second half. He kicked pedestrian bombs to no one every time.

he got absolutely schooled by DCE. Meninga will be picking the QLD halves with 100% certainty
Danish !

how you going nowadays big fella ?

Lebbo73

Bench
Happy for Ben Hunt.

Must suck having that dropped ball as your highlight reel.
Ben Hunt winning the game with two big second half plays was definitely not high on the list of likely outcomes
Who would’ve thought that Hunt would produce that. He hasn’t looked like producing anything like that since. Being the wrong side of 30 makes it hard for his future. However, the form he’s in this season will guarantee him another healthy contract for the next 3 years.

If there was a media selection, this guy was it. I think it was against Manly in the wet he had one of those kissed on the dick games. The hype continued but the form didn't continue. I was puzzled at his selection, or maybe Freddy isn't as "independent" as he seems. Maybe if he simply has the one job, and say for instance, coach the Tigers during the year, he wouldn't have as much time in overthinking things.
I reckon you're right about the fact Freddy has too much time on his hands. He seems to confuse himself.
Yeah mate our boy Morgan Harper made Talakai look waayyy better than he is.
I was saying that at the time, when everyone was hyping him up. As a Manly fan, I knew better - I know all too well how shit ol' Morgan can be!!

Reflector

Juniors
I don't know if anyone can say NSW lacked heart last night, I couldn't believe how good there on line defence was for most the 2nd half, I turned to my missus just before the Ponga try and said if we don't score here we don't deserve to win this, I tip my hat to the blues defence last night, if that was on out line I feel it would have been another blow out
Exactly.

For my thoughts on Cam Smith (and they are well documented here, believe me) he was full of praise for the heart and effort of the NSW defence last night. Say whatever you like about Freddy but that kind of resolute, all-in pressure defence has been a hallmark of his tenure, going right back to that first series in 2018 where they shut down Qld for 10 minutes minus Jack Bird.

NSW were in it until the 78th minute last night despite effectively setting up tents, a generator and a fire pit in their own 20 metre zone- and without arguably their top 3 most lethal attacking players from last series (Fox, Turbo, Latrell).

Yet (as I said earlier) the influence of Origin kayfabe means we have some NSW fans here bemoaning a lack of heart/ shitting the bed when it mattered, but it really came down to silly errors killing any chance they had at going for a tiring Qld pack in their own half, and a Cleary clutch-play attempt that would've paid off 50% of the time and have Nathan right now hailed as Joey 2.0. Unfortunately for him, it was the other 50% of the time last night and so we're back to the "he's a hack/ goes missing/ overrated" comments Munster gets whenever Qld lose. Amazing how short the memories are from people who apparently follow the game so closely. Never forget, Darren Lockyer didn't truly hit his stride at rep level until he was almost 30. He was one series loss from getting dumped out of the Qld teams. I'm not a PENRITH!!! supporter but Nathan is the most promising #7 for his age I've seen in a long, long time. He's not even 25 years old yet. It's amazing to think what he could do from here. If I were a betting man I'd be going out today and putting $ on PENRITH!!! to go back to back- he's going to feel as if he has a point to prove after last night and (I expect) is going to channel that determination into the Panthers. He also has a great team around him out there, which helps massively.

Latest posts