What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin III - Wed 13 Jul - QLD 22-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
I genuinely think that may have been the best Origin game I've seen in my lifetime, and if not its right up there.

Both sides were amazing, and the level of play was something else.
Game 2 or 3 1991 and Game 1 2014 edge it for mine. The one detractor last night was the momentum-killing NSW errors coming out of their half.

In the 2014 opener, it was a genuine tussle and both sides dished it out. It also had the significance of being Origin #100. I still feel the same level of anxiety watching the last 10 minutes of that game as I did watching it live. Being the only NSW fan in a house of 5 Qlders just heightened the tension.

I missed the pre- game talk but tuned in as the anthem was going.
I saw Wighton in the line up right??
Was stoked to see him instead of that overhyped plod Talakai - so why was Wighton out there at the anthem and not playing?
In 23 minutes on the field, Talakai ran for 29 metres, made two errors, conceded a penalty and missed two tackles

BadnMean

Juniors
I missed the pre- game talk but tuned in as the anthem was going.
I saw Wighton in the line up right??
Was stoked to see him instead of that overhyped plod Talakai - so why was Wighton out there at the anthem and not playing?
In 23 minutes on the field, Talakai ran for 29 metres, made two errors, conceded a penalty and missed two tackles

Wighton was the concussion reserve #18 or something. I guess you're allowed in the lineup.

Wighton had a case to be there instead of Chrichton or Talakai. A bit harsh to leave him out but he spent the intervening nrl match having a real stinker, might have cost him in the end. But he's the kind of balls out effort player who might have been handy.

Seage

Juniors
Babes I appreciate this NSW pashun. But let's be real here. The refereeing throughout the entire series was an absolute Klein Kampf special. Both teams were rogered here and there.

I've just watched the replay after attending last night and it is so interesting that you would have such opinion. The repeated NSW infringements at the end of the first half, which Kaufusi was rightly binned in Perth, did not result in a NSW binning last night.

Burton's dogshot on Ponga to keep him out of play was more significant than Gagai's push, yet NSW were awarded the penalty. Burton changed direction faster than me if I were heading left and noticed Reuben Cotter was presenting for me to my right. IMO, NSW had a great rub of the Klein pecker last night.

NSW were a cringeworthy pantomime last night. From the Samoan and Tongan players bluffing their way through the anthem, to Luai standing over a clearly concussed Cobbo like he laid him out in a prizefight when it was actually Carrigan's hip that did the damage. Luai will go down with one of the poorest forms of sportsmanship in Australian sport for some time. But it's ok, we won't have to support him in the WC. Maybe pick some boys that want to be there (Wighton, RCG, Matto) and not those that want individual (or club) glory that do not give a flying f**k about the country and state (Crichton, To'o, Luai, Tupou).
So you've watched the game twice and still haven't got a clue what actually happened?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
So you've watched the game twice and still haven't got a clue what actually happened?
I'm probably a little intoxicated still. But fundamentally, we absolutely rekt you in that second half and it was delicious.

My reply was highlighting that we weren't kissed on the dick by Klein last night and you seem to agree with that.

NSW didn't even get stiffed by the refs at Suncorp like normal. They lost due to their own stupidity.

Every year Freddy and The Old Flog find a way to outsmart themselves and lose the unloseable.

Last edited: