What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Paddles

Juniors

Nanadragon

Juniors
Jeff I was under the impression that the Dragons would have plenty of money to go shopping for a number of true quality players at the end of the ‘22 season ?

Even the media had said the same , the fact that a number of our current players were signed to only a 1 year contract plus numerous others contracts reaching a conclusion .

So as you have said - just where has that reported ‘ spare ‘ money gone to ? Those useless mongrels who approve the players contracts or negotiate the dollar amount simply have no idea the state it leaves the club .

In this instance we are apparently- yet again- fighting to stay under the salary cap .

Enough is enough ! I will be damned if I renew my club membership this year as I have simply had enough of my money being squandered on what ? 12 long seasons of misery , heartbreak and broken promises .
Gareth you need to tell the Club this! I have.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
So players aren't happy with Griffin.
Hearsay is one player is unhappy with being moved in different positions.
My guess it's JDB.
See if they players put in on Friday.
If it is JDB, and I repeat, IF, he has no bloody right to complain considering he was on big money without playing for 3 years. If there's one play being unhappy being moved I reckon it's Jack Bird. If I was him I'd be pretty happy with being moved around at other positions considering he wouldn't get a run at most clubs. Not a dig, it's just true.

mickeylane

Bench
Fl
I’m sick of this club being in the doldrums for so long. I don’t care about Flanno‘s past. If he is the man to turn this team around by a ruthless win at all cost attitude (within the rules) give him the damn job. He proved himself by winning a GF with a team without any real superstars. If Bad Santa could turn this team around I’d give him the job. I like many on here are sick to the back teeth of being an also ran
Flanno is ruthless! Win at all costs mentality…just what we need.. plus he can draw players

Walpole

Juniors

justadragon

Bench
I have not seen this posted before, if it has my apologies but IMO very well written.

An excellent read, the stats speak for themselves, the one part that is plainly obvious is

" Frequently it looks like nothing at all, because the Dragons aren’t very good, but that is at least the theory "

I'm very sure that the club has all the stats in the world available to them, but as I have posted before we got what we paid for without doing enough due diligence. He is a below average coach and we have below average players and we are a below average side. Time to face the reality of where we are heading and the Dragons are going nowhere in the next few years no matter who we get, players or coach. It takes a lot of time to fix up major messes and simply now that I hear our salary cap is under pressure( dont know how with the players we have) it looks like mess upon mess which will take even longer to fix. As was mentioned before a young up and coming coach or experienced coach would look at the Dragons or the Tigers as career ending moves. I'm sure we can all see the writing on the wall.

justadragon

Bench

Wow, the journos have been reading what all of us on here have been saying for weeks.
I've said it before, put Lomax in the Forwards and take the pressure off him to look for those cheap points and flick passes, bring Sloan in at Centre, and give him time. My thoughts.

RedVee_8

Juniors
I was annoyed to hear McGuire and Mbye on 360 last night say that the team did not prepare adequately for the Broncos game because they took them lightly.

This has obviously been a problem for some years, I’m thinking various games against the Dogs, games that we need to win to ensure a semi spot etc that we have repeatedly blown.

My question is what is the use of these (old) experienced players if they are not educating the younger guys away from such laxity? Same question on the experienced coaching staff as well.

it is beyond a joke.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
I was annoyed to hear McGuire and Mbye on 360 last night say that the team did not prepare adequately for the Broncos game because they took them lightly.

This has obviously been a problem for some years, I’m thinking various games against the Dogs, games that we need to win to ensure a semi spot etc that we have repeatedly blown.

My question is what is the use of these (old) experienced players if they are not educating the younger guys away from such laxity? Same question on the experienced coaching staff as well.

it is beyond a joke.

They are supposedly professionals, the fact they admit to it speaks volumes about the social club where they are only there for the money and minimal effort. Absolutely disgraceful.

shiloh dc

Juniors
The

it is beyond a joke.
The team never warmed up on the field before the game. Broncos warmed up for over half an hour.

Mojo

Bench
The

The team never warmed up on the field before the game. Broncos warmed up for over half an hour.
FFS! Big money, professional athletes who, despite a recent record of playing utter crap footy, think they're so good they dont even have to prepare for a game! And these are two of the 'mature' players who are supposed to be changing the culture of the club for the better. If this is true they can piss off. I feel ripped-off! This is a great club with absolutely devoted supporters. Get off your pedestals guys. St George expects 100% commitment. If you're not giving that every game, and in training, then go now. You're blocking some talented young guys who live and breathe red and white, anyway. See ya.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

they said this? Really? Who the f**k do they think they are that they can take any team lightly? This is surely a gee up. If anything, every other team in the league could be guilty of taking the dragons lightly as they have been piss poor for more than 10 years.