What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Eelementary

Post Whore
These forums do more for my mental health than you know; I've come to love visiting
the forums, to discuss everything, because it doesn't feel like a chore to me.

I'm currently really worried about setting a good example for my son, because I can't show him what true happiness is; I love him more than anything, but I can't set the example of how good life is, because I can't connect with that idea.

I'm proud that I haven't given up hope yet, but I'd be lying if I said my tank wasn't running on fumes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well when it hits me it only last for 1-2 days maybe. And I can still eat and function. I've seen friends who can't eat or get out of bed. So I assume I've not experienced anything that bad.

I think it hits everyone differently, and to varying degrees.

Wally21

Bench
These forums do more for my mental health than you know; I've come to love visiting

I'm currently really worried about setting a good example for my son, because I can't show him what true happiness is; I love him more than anything, but I can't set the example of how good life is, because I can't connect with that idea.

I'm proud that I haven't given up hope yet, but I'd be lying if I said my tank wasn't running on fumes.
Eele, please don’t beat yourself up about setting a good example for your son. I’m sure you are doing your very best with what you have. He will love you no matter and if you teach him strong values and to try and put good out in to the world, you will have done an amazing job.
As others have said, you are one of the most likeable posters on the forum and I truly enjoy hearing your opinions. I’m sure based on that that he will grow to be an amazing human.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eele, please don’t beat yourself up about setting a good example for your son. I’m sure you are doing your very best with what you have. He will love you no matter and if you teach him strong values and to try and out good out in to the world, you will have done an amazing job.
As others have said, you are one of the most likeable posters on the forum and I truly enjoy hearing your opinions. I’m sure based on that that he will grow to be an amazing human.

Thank you, mate.

It's definitely been a big help to get it out in the open, so to speak.

T-Boon

Coach

You are a champion for talking about this stuff and getting me thinking.
Nothing but positive vibes coming your way brother.

Eelogical

Referee

Mate, I don't normally comment on the subject because I'm not a therapist or expert in this field. But, I'm glad that you can vent on here about the demons that you've been struggling with. We all need an outlet and we've all had troubling issues to deal with. I hope you can find the necessary help to see you through the dark times.

Incorrect

Coach
Maybe we should have a mental health sticky thread.... Somewhere everyone knows where it is, and a one off comment doesn't get lost in the midst of rumours and stuff.... If you're up for it, you commit to checking it out once a week or every other day for any new comments and make sure we're all looking out for each other...

Just throwing it out there. I reckon it's better to have it there and nobody post in it than not have it there and lose someone in case it might actually make a difference....

Happy MEel

First Grade
Maybe we should have a mental health sticky thread.... Somewhere everyone knows where it is, and a one off comment doesn't get lost in the midst of rumours and stuff.... If you're up for it, you commit to checking it out once a week or every other day for any new comments and make sure we're all looking out for each other...

Just throwing it out there. I reckon it's better to have it there and nobody post in it than not have it there and lose someone in case it might actually make a difference....
That’s an outstanding idea @Incorrect. I’ve never started a thread on here and wouldn’t even know how to, but if someone could that’d be great. It doesn’t even have to have regular contributions but when one of us merkins post in it there’s a chance they’re having a shit day and it’ll pop up and we can all have a chat. To be honest, outside of my immediate family, @Noise and my cousin, I talk to you merkins more than most of my other mates. Obviously it’s not clinical support and from a risk mgmt perspective that might need to be posted as a sticky on the top, but I like it. @Twizzle, can you see any issues with something like this?

Eelogical

Referee

It would be best in the dimension, imo.

lingard

Coach

I reckon that's a pretty good idea.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Great idea @Incorrect and thanks for setting it up @Twizzle. I can be an angry ant on here after a loss but I like you merkins and this week was yet another reminder there are far more important things in life. Don’t hesitate to jump in here and post if you’re having a shit day. There’ll be no judgement, just some other likeminded nutcases to have yarn with. Cheers legends