What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
We have Storm,Brisbane and Dogs left. How many do we win?
Possible we win all 3 or lose all 3. 1 win make it very interesting.
It puts us on 30 points. If Canberra win out they'll end on 30. But we'd have a 60 point better for and against currently.
That can disappear quick however. They have Saints and Manly at Home and Knights and Tigers away.
I can see them improving there's by 40 points perhaps maybe even 50. Id say we will stay close to what it is currently.

A loss to Dogs would make thing very interesting.
You're assuming a lot with the Faids, particularly with other teams like Dragons and Manly to play.

JokerEel

Coach
if it's true about D brown not watching videos of other teams and not knowing who Cody walker was Well after the shyte dished up last night they should be watching everything available about opposing teams

Where does this garbage come from?

Chipmunk

Coach
if it's true about D brown not watching videos of other teams and not knowing who Cody walker was Well after the shyte dished up last night they should be watching everything available about opposing teams
Where did you hear we don't watch videos of other teams?

Mickyd39

Juniors
There is a couple and their 2 adult daughers, their spouses and some grandkids who sit in the 2 rows in front of me at CommBank. Nice couple, early-mid 60's probably and mad supporters who get to every game by half-time in reggies when reggies are on before the NRL game. One of the daughters moved to WA early in 2020 and they kept the tickets because of the good location - they let friends etc use them.

They were all there tonight, including the WA family of 5, all except the dad/grandad.
He passed away in the last couple of days suddenly and to honour his memory and his love for the Eels, the whole family came out to the game. His widow was quiet and the rest of them very subdued, but they came as a family because it was what they did as a family.

And our team, who don't understand what they mean to some fans, didn't turn up.
Saddens me on two fronts.

*sips whiskey - "Cheers Mate - RIP".
There are only a few players in the team that engage with the supporters after a game regardless of the result. The rest of them just piss off into the sheds after the game.
I don't think a majority of the team know what this team and club mean to so many of us.
RIP to the legend that was always at the games.

Chipmunk

Coach
Salmon apparently unsigned for next year and struggling for a contract. Better backup option than JA. Worth a cheapie deal offered I reckon.
Surely JA is on the Rookie Wage (i.e. lower than Min Wage). There is little reason for his next deal to be more than the Min Wage amount. If another club wants to offer him more he should take the money and run.