What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R23 Fri - Brisbane 12-60 Melbourne @ Suncorp

Round 23: Brisbane v Melbourne

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Or maybe he gets some new self confidence and goes back to tigers a better player?
Oh for sure.

A winger with a decade of experience in being a player on a team rooted in failure will somehow in a couple of months bring back a culture built on years of winning (from a foundation of retaining a team using grossly illegal methods) that will turn it around for us.

If you left a shit business and moved to a winning team would a person either:

A) choose to return to shit business with the same lower quality coworkers and try and turn it around

Or

B) jump ship and have some success

Reflector

Juniors
This is why I love you. I absolutely loathe the team that you support and the team that is doing this to you is another team I f**king despise with every part of my being, yet you are still posting here like a champion and leave it all on here.
You're never a coward after a loss,with no fear of what anyone thinks and never been a turncoat.
Sexy party @jubilee rd 25 baby!
Will the sex party come before or after the cripple fight?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Did your dad drop you on your head by accident? Or was it deliberate?
Oh it was accidental, the damaged brain cells are the reason i support saints.
But yeah, still vaccinated, don't support a scum club or a scum bloke like Nelson, so that's a plus!

Saxon

Bench
The tigers management that somehow think it's a good idea sending one of the few quality players they have to a vastly superior club to assist an opposition team with an injury crisis are just so absolutely unbelievably stupid. Have a look at Nofoaluma.

You think he wants to go back to the tigers? The only reason he'd want to go back is to empty his f**king locker. I've contacted the club on 3 separate occasions to ask how this works as a positive for us and have no received so much as a vague response.
The worst thing about it is that your coaching staff don't think he's one of the first picked.
He's passionate and always tries his guts out. Sorry, but that's not something you can say for a lot of your roster.

Grateful to have him at Storm, but fair dinkum someone dropped your recruitment manager on his (her?) head when they were a baby.

moffla

Bench
If opposition fans need to let it go, Melbourne should remove the replica trophies they have in their club house from that era.
Does that stuff really bother you? The record books state what they state. Still has f**k all to do with the 2022 Melbourne Storm team, though.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Oh it was accidental, the damaged brain cells are the reason i support saints.
But yeah, still vaccinated, don't support a scum club or a scum bloke like Nelson, so that's a plus!

It’s been 12 years. Today’s Storm squad has f**k all to do with Storm’s 2007-2010 team.

Seriously it’s time to let it go, this must be bad for your health.
It makes them feel better about their own mediocre teams

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It’s been 12 years. Today’s Storm squad has f**k all to do with Storm’s 2007-2010 team.

Seriously it’s time to let it go, this must be bad for your health.
They persisted in having success due to the players they retained by cheating remain with the club by signing deals for less and shedding one big name in Inglis.

This enabled the club to retain most of the core playing group and ensure continuity of success and culture for years beyond their punishment. That's inarguably fact. To ignore this shows either wilful ignorance or a blatant inability to comprehend the obvious.

My health is not affected by this. To bring that up as a talking point in an effort to avoid admitting the facts I mentioned above is extremely poorly attempted misdirection.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Your getting a bit atheist cringe Jim bro. Olams beliefs are his own business.

Strictly speaking, I haven’t come full circle. I’m agnostic, not quite yet atheist.

If Olam’s Beliefs are his own business, so he should keep it that way instead of shoving it down other people’s throats by writing Bible verses on elastoplast on his wrist and pointing to them on live TV aired to millions when he scores a try?

I used to be a church going Catholic until I saw the light. Don’t get me wrong; I am totally in favour of religious freedom, but am also conscious of the fact that religion forms a parasitical relationship with many young Rugby League players to the extent that it impacts on their professional lives.

STORM.99/07

Bench
They persisted in having success due to the players they retained by cheating remain with the club by signing deals for less and shedding one big name in Inglis.

This enabled the club to retain most of the core playing group and ensure continuity of success and culture for years beyond their punishment. That's inarguably fact. To ignore this shows either wilful ignorance or a blatant inability to comprehend the obvious.

My health is not affected by this. To bring that up as a talking point in an effort to avoid admitting the facts I mentioned above is extremely poorly attempted misdirection.
What is the Eels excuse. They cheated the cap between 2013-2016 by $3 mil and they finished bottom of the ladder.Why don't opposition supporters harp on it for Eels. We didn't just lose GI..we lost Lima,Finch,Hoffman, Tolman

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Does that stuff really bother you? The record books state what they state. Still has f**k all to do with the 2022 Melbourne Storm team, though.
It displays a complete disregard for their cheating and a complete lack of respect.

It should bother anyone with an interest in the basic concept or fairness.

If it doesn't bother you, then that says plenty about your moral compass.

Saxon

Bench
Strictly speaking, I haven’t come full circle. I’m agnostic, not quite yet atheist.

If Olam’s Beliefs are his own business, so he should keep it that way instead of shoving it down other people’s throats by writing Bible verses on elastoplast on his wrist and pointing to them on live TV aired to millions when he scores a try?

I used to be a church going Catholic until I saw the light. Don’t get me wrong; I am totally in favour of religious freedom, but am also conscious of the fact that religion forms a parasitical relationship with many young Rugby League players to the extent that it impacts on their professional lives.
I, on the other hand AM an atheist. I don't have a problem with Olam saying "thankyou" to a figment of his imagination.
On the other hand, if he were to - oh, I don't know, say refuse to offer his support for LGBTetc. equality while backing a backstabbing dog who'd tried to kill some poor merkin - then I'd feel I had a reason to be aggrieved.

moffla

Bench

We shed 14 players in 2010 once we were rightfully found guilty of breaching the cap.

We rightfully were punished and rightfully paid the price.

We went into the 2011 season cap complaint and have won 3 comps since.

None of the players from that era are still with us in a playing capacity.

Honestly. Let it gooooo.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
What is the Eels excuse. They cheated the cap between 2013-2016 by $3 mil and they finished bottom of the ladder.Why don't opposition supporters harp on it for Eels. We didn't just lose GI..we lost Lima,Finch,Hoffman, Tolman
If the eels had extreme success in that period and prevented other teams from winning titles over those years I'd imagine opposition supporters would rightfully call the club out on it.

Latest posts