What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Future Hooker

dragon thomo

Juniors
I believe Sullivan may solve our hooker position on a permanent basis, or atleast while Hunt is playing half, this would hopefully keep him from wanting him to leave
He may need to work on his defense, but he has the skill speed and toughness to make a top hooker.
The other big plus to this is we would not have to spend good money in bringing a hooker to the club.
Also when the time is right we could use Muheilson to interchange with Sullivan.

Illusion

Bench
I believe Sullivan may solve our hooker position on a permanent basis, or atleast while Hunt is playing half, this would hopefully keep him from wanting him to leave
He may need to work on his defense, but he has the skill speed and toughness to make a top hooker.
The other big plus to this is we would not have to spend good money in bringing a hooker to the club.
Also when the time is right we could use Muheilson to interchange with Sullivan.
I think interchanging with Hunt gives us another level in attack .....

Lovemedragons

Juniors
finally, only due to injury and nothing to do with good judgment, Sullivan gets a decent run at 9 and we look a different team. Perhaps not the final solution to the 9 position but yesterday clearly demonstrated hoW much we have been hampered by sticking solid with the slow old mate of the stubborn mule. And Bird did ok back in the centres too, again only through injury.

justadragon

Bench
finally, only due to injury and nothing to do with good judgment, Sullivan gets a decent run at 9 and we look a different team. Perhaps not the final solution to the 9 position but yesterday clearly demonstrated hoW much we have been hampered by sticking solid with the slow old mate of the stubborn mule. And Bird did ok back in the centres too, again only through injury.
Agree, I wouldnt like to see Bird back at centre on a full time basis as I believe he would have also benefited from the speed out of dummy half as a back rower . In a injury crisis yes.

Dragon David

First Grade
How long did it take for McCullough to score a try as our hooker. Sullivan has scored for us but certainly didn't take long to score yesterday. Sullivan and Amone will be a formidable combination one day for us, you mark my words. Same with Sloan and the Feagai brothers. All these guys have been mates for yonks and know each others plays like the backs of their hands.

Bird is starting to rediscover some of his centre form from years ago. He was certainly a toiler and being jonty on the spot yesterday scoring, setting up, taking high balls and nullifying several raids.

With both McCullough and Mbye out for the rest of the season (injury and suspension respectively), Sullivan is the man for the hooker role and interchanging with Hunt in the halves.

It will be hard to match it with the likes of the Storm, Panthers and Roosters etc but one day, it will happen. Just need the right things to happen (not wanting to say what they are as they have already been said over a thousand times).

RedVee_8

Juniors
How long did it take for McCullough to score a try as our hooker. Sullivan has scored for us but certainly didn't take long to score yesterday. Sullivan and Amone will be a formidable combination one day for us, you mark my words. Same with Sloan and the Feagai brothers. All these guys have been mates for yonks and know each others plays like the backs of their hands.

Bird is starting to rediscover some of his centre form from years ago. He was certainly a toiler and being jonty on the spot yesterday scoring, setting up, taking high balls and nullifying several raids.

With both McCullough and Mbye out for the rest of the season (injury and suspension respectively), Sullivan is the man for the hooker role and interchanging with Hunt in the halves.

It will be hard to match it with the likes of the Storm, Panthers and Roosters etc but one day, it will happen. Just need the right things to happen (not wanting to say what they are as they have already been said over a thousand times).
What is Mbye charged with?

edit: ok, I remember now. FFS

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade

Bird is a backrower and most of the good things he did yesterday can be done from that position. He just gets found out by the better sides in defence at centre. The feagai bros need to play centre as their lack of zip is very noticeable. Are you South African DD , Jonty on the spot ?

Dragon David

First Grade
Bird is a backrower and most of the good things he did yesterday can be done from that position. He just gets found out by the better sides in defence at centre. The feagai bros need to play centre as their lack of zip is very noticeable. Are you South African DD , Jonty on the spot ?
Nah! Nowhere near a South African. I like the sound of Jonty as in "Jonty" Rhodes (Jonathan Rhodes' nickname as he was many times on the spot in his cricket matches). "Johnny on the spot" is the correct expression though.

Latest posts