What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Future Hooker

Dragon David

First Grade
Nah! Nowhere near a South African. I like the sound of Jonty as in "Jonty" Rhodes (Jonathan Rhodes' nickname as he was many times on the spot in his cricket matches). "Johnny on the spot" is the correct expression though.
I am a Dinky Die Aussie, born in St George Hospital in 1947 and bred in Sydney. That's all there is to say other than my allegiance will always be as an Australian and a St George Illawarra Dragons die hard.

mickeylane

Bench
Im pretty sure we signed or are signing Tigers Jacob Little..
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has met with Liddle about the prospect of joining the Red V. The Dragons have Andrew McCullough on the books until the end of next year, who only recently celebrated his 300th NRL appearance. The joint-venture has used Jayden Sullivan at dummy half at times but is yet to settle on its preferred back-up option.

Gardenia

Juniors
Im pretty sure we signed or are signing Tigers Jacob Little..
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has met with Liddle about the prospect of joining the Red V. The Dragons have Andrew McCullough on the books until the end of next year, who only recently celebrated his 300th NRL appearance. The joint-venture has used Jayden Sullivan at dummy half at times but is yet to settle on its preferred back-up option.
If we sign Liddle I think we definitely lose Sullivan. Thats assuming his mind isn't already made up

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Sullivan is good enough, throw him in I say. Although his desire to play there will ultimately dictate that, but the fact is he's a footballer and should be champing at the bit for a starting role. Needs to work on his technique and fitness though, but geez we looked sharper with him there
Yes- we saw just a fraction of his potential yesterday- he's had a lot of injuries, his fitness is down and he looked pretty gassed at times. Can't put all our attacking improvement yesterday down to Bud but one big area where he increased our threat was down the middle. With Macca, it's nearly always shovelling the ball out for predictable lateral plays as he lacks the speed to take advantage of lazy markers.

Dragon David

First Grade
so your insane along with the rest of us, arncliffe hospital two years later.
Is dat wot's wrong wiff me? Haha!

Good guys were born in the 40's that's for sure and you are no exception Jak. That latter era of the 40's when all the war was over and everyone getting on with their lives and being happy with whatever they had. The 50's and 60's the best not only for the Dragons but with all the music coming out from Elvis, Sinatra, The Mersey Sound, the Beach Boys, our own in the Bee Gees (born in the UK I know but started their careers here), it goes on and on. Life then was the best and even work was so easy to get and the biggest thing to me was there was much less stress for us all.

All the best Jak for good years ahead.

denis preston

First Grade
Is dat wot's wrong wiff me? Haha!

Good guys were born in the 40's that's for sure and you are no exception Jak. That latter era of the 40's when all the war was over and everyone getting on with their lives and being happy with whatever they had. The 50's and 60's the best not only for the Dragons but with all the music coming out from Elvis, Sinatra, The Mersey Sound, the Beach Boys, our own in the Bee Gees (born in the UK I know but started their careers here), it goes on and on. Life then was the best and even work was so easy to get and the biggest thing to me was there was much less stress for us all.

All the best Jak for good years ahead.
Rose coloured glasses there DD ? Having to wear best clothes to plead with bank managers for a loan and then watch interest rates rise, cuisine of meat & veg & fish & chips only, only chicken on special occasions, university to those only that family's could afford it, cars that rusted & carburettor issues & no safety features so road toll over a 1000 a year, polio , 4 TV channels that closed at 11.30, drunk driving and smoking accepted & life expectancy nearly 20 years lower than today!!!
Mind you , you cant help when you were born so i think we all made the best of it, sounds like you did ! Agree also that the 60's particularly was a very interesting decade and major social & technical innovations made it a exciting time.

Dragon David

First Grade
Rose coloured glasses there DD ? Having to wear best clothes to plead with bank managers for a loan and then watch interest rates rise, cuisine of meat & veg & fish & chips only, only chicken on special occasions, university to those only that family's could afford it, cars that rusted & carburettor issues & no safety features so road toll over a 1000 a year, polio , 4 TV channels that closed at 11.30, drunk driving and smoking accepted & life expectancy nearly 20 years lower than today!!!
Mind you , you cant help when you were born so i think we all made the best of it, sounds like you did ! Agree also that the 60's particularly was a very interesting decade and major social & technical innovations made it a exciting time.
Gee Denis I forgot about all those other things.😲 Bloody hell, that was a terrible time. Four TV channels and Chuck Faulkner reading the news and in black and white, getting paid only $64 a fortnight, getting loans to pay for Uni fees, smoking on public transport (which I did for many years unfortunately), polio, diphtheria, the list goes on. Meat, veg, fish and chips I didn't mind.

I lived life the best I could in the years from early 60's but in some ways like many of us could have tried harder in getting the most out of everything and taking more risks. I like to think that those little pleasures that I had were around for me to experience balanced the harder stuff in life.