What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just posted a making of Xanadu clip in the music and video dump thread, quite interesting interviews. Goes for just over 20 mins.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Apologies to Horrie and co. but I think it's getting a bit too much. Five minutes max would have sufficed. Not the only person to die this year.
It just shows how many lives she actually touched. My better half said they haven't seen such an out pouring of emotion since Princess Diana passed away.

Its funny, with Judith Durham passing away just before Olivia i likened to when Rodney Marsh passed away and then a few days later Shane Warne was gone. Both Olivia and Shane Warne got so much more coverage than Judith Durham and Rod Marsh which was sad because they were well loved and respected but it just showed how popular and loved Olivia and Shane Warne were.

Matua

Bench
I can't believe he was only 70. He's looked that old since acting in movies in NZ in the 80s.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Josephine Tewson who played the long suffering neigbour Elizabeth of Hyacinth Bucket in Keeping Up Appearances has passed away aged 91. She was my favourite character in the show
Sorry I can't post a link to it.

nöyd

Staff member
Actor Vince Gil, best known for his portrayal as The Nightrider in the original Mad Max, has passed away aged 83.

nightrider.JPG

Remember him when you look at the night sky.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Generalzod

Immortal
Kiwi singer Margaret Urlich has passed away aged 57 after a 2 year battle with cancer.
Best known for her smash single Number 1 and also providing vocals on Daryl Braithwaite's song The Horses.

My favourite song of hers. RIP Margaret.

Margaret gets 30 seconds air time on the news while some turnip called Joan Farnham gets surgery to locate its brain ad infinitum with incessant media coverage.

Urlich has more talent in a single pubic hair than all the known Farnhams in the known universe

Generalzod

Immortal
Margaret gets 30 seconds air time on the news while some turnip called Joan Farnham gets surgery to locate its brain ad infinitum with incessant media coverage.

Urlich has more talent in a single pubic hair than all the known Farnhams in the known universe
Yeah I now but unless your a product of the eighties nobody would have known who Margaret was..

Yeah I now but unless your a product of the eighties nobody would have known who Margaret was..
I'm a product of 1959 and proud of it. I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go.

We are still being bombarded with Olivia Newton John shit via some thing called Tottie Whatever. Her claim to fame? Being a head on a stick.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm a product of 1959 and proud of it. I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go.

We are still being bombarded with Olivia Newton John shit via some thing called Tottie Whatever. Her claim to fame? Being a head on a stick.

Olivia left behind a huge legacy so i don't mind her still being relevant in the news at the moment. Poor old Tottie though only claim to fame was being part of the group The Chantoozies apart from being Olivia's niece.

Margaret Urlich did deserve more than 30 secs on the news. I remember seeing her and Wendy Matthews perform at Souths Juniors many years ago, gave me a new appreciation of Margaret seeing her live, the funny thing though she never sung Number One that night.

Last edited: