What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah I think even if the Tigers release him for nothing, and he agrees to stay with us for a bit less it's probably not great value for money.

Poor defender. Does a lot of runs. Makes good meters. Rarely ever seen him bust the line open this season. Doesn't really offload.
Good player but not someone I'd go silly for. Bit of a one trick pony with defensive flaws.

lucablight

First Grade
He's going, he just doesn't want the negative vibe around the team whilst we're in the finals. Ill bet anyone that as soon as our campaign is over he'll announce he is leaving.
I don’t buy that at all. It’s a bad look for him to not confirm that he’s going. Now it’s just causing more drama. He clearly doesn’t want to go.

Chipmunk

Coach
Ice was great last year. This year's he been good but not the same impact. Lanes been far better
I'd like to see Matto back on the edge, which I think is likely given the current squad or 2023. He I think will provide two options, (1) run in between players (2) run at players as well. Papali'i appears to only want to do half of that.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd like to see Matto back on the edge, which I think is likely given the current squad or 2023. He I think will provide two options, (1) run in between players (2) run at players as well. Papali'i appears to only want to do half of that.

I think he is better in middle. But Hopgood is a great option as can ball play

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hopgood ended up getting the NSW cup player of the year.
Thought Kayal Iro got it (happy to be corrected but)

update - yeah Hopgood got Panthers NSW cup player of the year not the actual NSWRL
while comp one:

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Tough to see anything when the club that holds the signed contract has possibly the most litigant Legal firm as it’s major sponsor, and the chairman is CEO of said firm of lawyers. No way out from that contact.
I reckon hes staying. Spider senses tell me it be so.

chiefy1

Juniors
I don’t buy that at all. It’s a bad look for him to not confirm that he’s going. Now it’s just causing more drama. He clearly doesn’t want to go.

Its a tough one mate. Yes its a bad look for him and it does nothing for the tiger's chances of securing more players seeing that players are having second thoughts, still i think he won't backflip.

Chipmunk

Coach
Panthers.
I note from a quick Google search the previous five winners of the award are Billy Burns, Caleb Aekins, Mitch Rein, Zack Docker-Clay and Will Smith.

We like a former Panthers NSW Cup Player of the Year by the looks of it.

Last edited:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Maybe Ice is still trying to get out of his deal. He might think publicly not committing will force the Tigers to look elsewhere. There was a rumour if they land Bateman they may let Ice walk. Who knows. The Tigers are right to hold him to the deal, but if he in fact does not want to be there, is that someone the Tigers really need at their club right now? Tough one.

Latest posts