What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

eels_fan

First Grade
I still can’t believe it!
WE’RE IN THE F**KING GRAND FINAL!!

I was shaking after the siren for a good hour.

Phoned my Dad is Sydney who is almost 80 and didn’t think he’d ever see another Eels GF, hasn’t been to a game since I moved to Qld 15 years ago and we gave up our season tickets we’d had for 10 years.
Made the decision on the spot that the family and I will drive down and 3 generations of Eels supporters will go to the big dance! (If I can manage to get 5 tickets on Monday as a non-ticketed member - fingers, toes and everything crossed).

can’t wipe the smile off my face!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Little buggers really let you know where your worries are don’t they. Thanks for sharing mate he has an army behind him!

my first was born at 27 weeks and 990 grams. 4 months at Randwick, you work your priorities out!

You really do shift your priorities when they come along!

In 2009, I took the day off work to watch our Grand Final.

As much as I love the Eels, I didn't even think about the game tonight until halftime, and well after full time, because I was trying to look after my boy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Re tickets I’m not a member I’ll have to eBay I guess?

I might be able to get you some tickets, mate.

I'm a non-ticketed member, but I still get the preferential buying window.

I'll pop online at 10am Monday to pick some up.

How many do you need?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Think it’s 1pm for non-ticketed mate. I’ll be there in line with ya (unless there’s a ticketed member on here that only needs 3 and I’ll pay you to get the other 5 for us!)

Thanks for letting me know!

I'd love to attend our forts Grand Final in 13 years, but unfortunately, I'm on standby for my in-laws; their health has deteriorated rapidly, and my wife may need to rush off to their aid at any given moment.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thanks for letting me know!

I'd love to attend our forts Grand Final in 13 years, but unfortunately, I'm on standby for my in-laws; their health has deteriorated rapidly, and my wife may need to rush off to their aid at any given moment.
Sorry to hear mate, all the best for you and your family.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At 20-12 we had every reason to turn it up and let the game drift away. Instead we rested back control and were probably unlucky not to win by a little more. It’s was a tough in Parra like win. No matter what happens next week Bea and the boys should be proud of their season. Just one more please, surely it’s our time???

Soto

Bench
Took the family for a drive through Parra. What a great feeling. Really looking forward to absorbing all GF week atmosphere and fanfare. I think I'm going to watch every footy show on this coming week
Remember 09 well but this will be better.
One more win baby. One more win.
Let's do this.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good advice. I have a 13month year old girl. After our first I thought we were in control.
But geez I was wrong. Love my number 2 but geez it was SO much harder. Go easy on yourself mate. Most of us parents are flying blind as did our parents.
My second has been heaps easier. My eldest is punishing. It's deadset like living with a pre-teen female version of me. She does my wife's head in.