What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure and move the ball to the same height from the ground and you will find a flat pass.
I think it wasn't as forward as it might've seemed but it was forward. But there are plenty of passes just as forward let go. I was amazed they called back Drown's pass to Gutherson last week. On nearly every try like that the final pass is just as forward (or 'floats forward' with momentum).

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My son hasn't been that bad, thank God.

I guess it's because we're told that if you have a high fever, it can be very serious; and here is my son, suffering through his fourth consecutive day of 40-degree fevers, and I'm panicking a bit.
I'm pretty sure high temperatures are less of a problem for children.

crocodile

Bench
We live in Penrith.

But I'm willing to go to Westmead (as any parent would).

Living so close to Nepean is a huge advantage - my son was admitted to hospital at 8 am yesterday, and discharged at 3pm; because we live so close to the hospital, we could go home to get extra nappies, food, etc.

But if we were to go to Westmead, I'd just bring extra supplies.
During our extended stay at Westmead, many kids from Nepean came via the chopper. If your kid gets serious enough they won't hesitate to do the same.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If Opacic comes back in (and he should if fit) Simonsson has to be in the 17.
OMG, an actual Poupou Escobar opinion 😮! And before the coach has made selections! And without any of the usual bullshit equivocations or Gumpisms or trying-to-educate-merkins entitlement...

And I happen to agree, as posted much earlier (either in this or the GF discussion thread.)

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I still don't understand how the Cowboys died in the arse so badly. Did they frontload their effort areas too much?

16 offloads, particularly in the back half hurt them. Plays in quick succession which were effectively 7 or 8 tackle sets was the straw that broke the camels back.

Lane et al were making half busts landing on their front. They were retreating 30 metres a tackle.

After Moses missed the penalty kick, I knew we had it. Junior and Reg didn’t bat and eye light and moved to their marks. Junior took the carry, offloaded to Gutho who turned Lane under. It was a 20m dropout and we started the set on either their 20 or 30.

Steely and fixated on the job. We know what happened next.

lucablight

First Grade
Couldn’t Dylan do that? If Moses was to go down, Dylan to half and Matterson to 5/8. Wouldn’t that make more sense? Why risk a bench spot that will not be used like yesterday.
I think covering hooker if Reed goes down is more problematic than covering Moses. In saying that if Moses was to go down the game is probably over anyway.