What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

the phantom menace

First Grade
RCGs first try was interesting. Last week we ran a similar play with Matto passing to Junior. This week we've run the same play, but instead went with a face ball across Junior to RCG into a big hole, which was created when Townsend came in because he thought it was going to Junior. Good play really.
Good play under the circumstances... but was that while they were one middle forward short? Not sure it's more than a good hit up/attempted crash against 13 players.

But RCG's second try, that was the shit! (And when I lost my shit that we weren't going to fold and give in/up 🙂)

Gronk

Staff member
I just watched the game again in Kayo. I take back what I said about Simonsson. He’s carries were strong and his scramble was good.

Both teams defended extremely well but the Eels had the finesse when needed.

I’m happy with Opacic back in the team if he’s 100%, otherwise stick to this week’s list.

Wait, Carty. He’s a loose cannon.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Good play under the circumstances... but was that while they were one middle forward short? Not sure it's more than a good hit up/attempted crash against 13 players.

But RCG's second try, that was the shit! (And when I lost my shit that we weren't going to fold and give in/up 🙂)
And when he stared down Atkins and told the fu*ker to point to the spot. Its was Reg's hold my beer merkin moment and he didnt disappoint.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And when he stared down Atkins and told the fu*ker to point to the spot. Its was Reg's hold my beer merkin moment and he didnt disappoint.

If Reg stared me down like that, I'd give him the deeds to my house - he's a massive human!

He's also an absolute machine, and I would largely credit him for the steady turnaround of our forward pack's form over the years; he's a bloody inspirational team mate.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Reg stared me down like that, I'd give him the deeds to my house - he's a massive human!

He's also an absolute machine, and I would largely credit him for the steady turnaround of our forward pack's form over the years; he's a bloody inspirational team mate.
Absolutely. 100%