What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

King-Gutho94

Coach
Being Devils Advocate, maybe JAs selection and "support" by the NRL Team is the ultimate thank you and sacrifice for BA. To get his boy a premiership. No greater gift. If thats the case it could be a huge motivator for the boys. Just me spit balling. Gotta find a positive somewhere.

Been the plan for 12 months. They discussed it 12 months ago.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Package 1: PARRAdise Package (Outdoor Live Site – Available to Members & Visitors)
Open: 1pm to 12am. No BYO alcohol permitted.
Ticketed event inclusions:

• Large TV screens with general admission seating
  • Food truck items will be available for purchase
  • Free rides, face painting & balloon art
  • Portable bathrooms available
Price: $10 per person entry (all ages)
To book this package, please visit the CLUBSHOP before Sunday 2 October. Limited tickets available and on a first come, first served basis.

Package 2: Eels Lane (Available to Members)
Open: 1pm to 12am.
THIS PACKAGE IS NOW SOLD OUT

Package 3: Sterlo’s Sports Bar (Members only)

Open: 12pm – 12am.

• 1 footy meal token (burger, nachos, wings or loaded fries) to be redeemed in Sterlo’s
  • 2 beverage tokens (draught beer, can of Jacks Pale Ale, house wine, house spirit or soft drinks)
  • 1 blue or gold donut token
  • Crackers & cheese at half time
  • Large TV screens with general admission seating
  • Access to The Bistro & Coffee Spot (level 2) for any additional meal purchases
Price: $85 per person entry (Over 18s only)
To book this package, please visit the CLUBSHOP before Sunday 2 October. Limited tickets available and on a first come, first served basis.

Package 4: Jacks Bar & Grill (Members only)
Open: 2pm to 11:30pm. Ultimate Grand Final experience with set menu

• Canapes on arrival
  • Entrée: Truffle and porcini arancini
  • Main: Zaatar crusted lamb rump
  • Half Time: Mini pies and sausage rolls
  • Dessert: Assorted petite fours
  • 4 beverage tokens (draught beer, can of Jacks Pale Ale, house wine, house spirit or soft drinks)
Price: $220 per person entry (All ages).
Midnight closing there kidding.

When we win wtf do we party on in parramatta.

Rose n crown still open to 6am.

I think now in GF week, we just got to back the team and the coach. I don’t like JA on the bench he’s a waste of space but BA isn’t going to change his mind. That decision is on his head depending what happens in the game. Now we just need to will these guys over the line as a collective. We can deal with the fallout for good or bad afterwards. Just win!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If Ray Stone hadn’t got a season ending injury, if Will Smith had decided to remain at the club rather than take up the ill fated Titans 2 year offer, JA would not be in any conversation.

The coaching staff don’t seem to see enough in Mitch Rein as cover, so almost by default the utility position has landed on JA. We may not agree, but given he’s almost an emergency replacement it is what it is.

when mentioning Will Smith, it reminds me of a Papalii , looking short term and not seeing a bigger picture, shame to see a talented player leaving to go to a side which doesn’t have enough quality to utilise his skill set. Sometimes a manager acts first, thinks later.
Dill Smith’s manager got his pay day though. Whether it was in his client’s best interests is another question entirely.

I think now in GF week, we just got to back the team and the coach. I don’t like JA on the bench he’s a waste of space but BA isn’t going to change his mind. That decision is on his head depending what happens in the game. Now we just need to will these guys over the line as a collective. We can deal with the fallout for good or bad afterwards. Just win!
Yes I think that's right. Minor rant over. Just f**ken score more points than them!!

Eelogical

Referee
Penrith are favourites, and rightly so. They've set the standard this season even after winning the title last year. We've Jekyll and Hyde'd our way through season 2022 but have somehow managed to make the GF. I wrote the Eels season off after the Tigers loss because I thought and still think that a title team shouldn't lose those sort of games. If we lose I'm going to appreciate Penrith's win rather than bag the Eels for losing. They blue and golds have already achieved more than I expected.

Bandwagon

Staff member
If they plonk a big screen in front of a stand, yes. Not sure that watching the game on the screens high in the north east and south west corners would be any good.

If enough show up it'll be a great atmosphere.

Bandwagon

Staff member
A lot of sentiment, emotion and media huff gushing all the Eels while the Panthers get on with the clinical job at hand. I've seen this before and it can get the better of teams come game day. I hope BA has the lads mind clear of all the distractions while concentrating on winning the game come Sunday.

I reckon he'll have them primed, believing they can win, but unlike the Smug who'll be believing they will win.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I had a post deleted for some reason. Why did I say that would've needed a source?

Sourcing Material, Copyright and Allegations​

It is important that members provide a source to back up any claims. Any posted material without a source (URL or published reference) may be removed. By 'material' we mean any text or image which is posted by members in the forums. The removal of any such material is totally at the discretion of the site owners, Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited.

Sourcing Material​

Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.

IMPORTANT: Sourcing material with an URL link does not mean putting in a link to a third party website. That is, websites, blogs or forums where the original material has been copied from the original publication. In particular, Wikipedia is open sourced and can be edited by readers, and is therefore not considered a reliable source.

In addition, members are restricted from using another publisher's material for the purpose of advertising their own website or publication. (see Advertising)

Doesn't anyone ever read our rules ? fmd

hindy111

Post Whore

Sourcing Material, Copyright and Allegations​

It is important that members provide a source to back up any claims. Any posted material without a source (URL or published reference) may be removed. By 'material' we mean any text or image which is posted by members in the forums. The removal of any such material is totally at the discretion of the site owners, Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited.

Sourcing Material​

Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.

IMPORTANT: Sourcing material with an URL link does not mean putting in a link to a third party website. That is, websites, blogs or forums where the original material has been copied from the original publication. In particular, Wikipedia is open sourced and can be edited by readers, and is therefore not considered a reliable source.

In addition, members are restricted from using another publisher's material for the purpose of advertising their own website or publication. (see Advertising)

Doesn't anyone ever read our rules ? fmd

I AM A LAW OBIDING CITIZEN OF COURSE I READ THEM

Latest posts