What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Kikau's replacement - I like the look and size of Blacker.
Hard to go from prop to second row. Different skill set required. You're two steps behind where you need to be and the gap you would have run through is closed.

You have to make defensive decisons and your edge defenders suffer if you make the wrong ones or you make them too late.

Prop in general is a simple position where you don't have to think much to do your job.

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23

Before we jump the gun on Peachey. We should feel the Tigers out on a trade for Api instead.

After the way he insulted their club. The least we could do is take him off their hands. Staines for Api. Straight swap. Win/win for us both. Well we don't save $150k. But im sure we can find another way to do that.

No. Api is not the kind to backflip.

NSW Cup to NRL week in week out is a huge step up.

If you watch Soni Luke closely he can do things in attack that even Api Koroisau can’t do. Whether he can replicate his attacking skills at NRL level week in week out remains to be seen, but I do think as a combination Kenny - Luke they could be very effective. Luke was MOM in NSW Cup GF don’t know who won it on Sunday but Luke must have gone close again.

Of the juniors coming thru I think Billy Scott from SG Ball could be our best long term prospect, was a little underwhelming in the Flegg GF off the bench but he has something about him. Riley Smith has been talked up, but I’m not convinced.
Connor Mason is the player I believe will be our long term hooker. Broke his cheekbone late in the season and ruled out for the year.

betcats

Referee
Connor looked great in flegg this year playing hooker, needs a bit of size added but he is was very good running the ball and has the skills of a half back. Very good prospect if he can kick on.

Connor looked great in flegg this year playing hooker, needs a bit of size added but he is was very good running the ball and has the skills of a half back. Very good prospect if he can kick on.

He has a kicking game which would be very handy to take some pressure off Cleary

MugaB

Coach
Lol its funny, few months ago at the members open training session I said to Api "We'll miss you next year". He replied back saying "Any backflips?"
Good on him if he stays at tigers... at least he has conviction, not like this other moron from the eels... soni luke should be our no.14, basically keeping the mitch kenny at starting hooker rotation... he was unbelievable in the GF... him and letoa absolutely tackled everything.. and soni luke against the northern devils, basically brained it, if there was a clive award during the interstate cup, he gets it.. set up every point.. even got binned, saving points too... genius... also far cheaper to retain soni luke than api

Last edited:

Black Panther

Juniors
Good on him if he stays at tigers... at least he has conviction, not like this other moron from the eels... soni luke should be our no.14, basically keeping the mitch kenny at starting hooker rotation... he was unbelievable in the GF... him and letoa absolutely tackled everything.. and soni luke against the northern devils, basically brained it, if there was a clive award during the interstate cup, he gets it.. set up every point.. even got binned, saving points too... genius... also far cheaper to retain soni luke than api
The only benefit I see in letting API go is we have a bit of extra money to re sign To’o, Critta, Martin and hopefully Leniu. Luke is good, but unproven at NRL level over a long period.

MugaB

Coach
The only benefit I see in letting API go is we have a bit of extra money to re sign To’o, Critta, Martin and hopefully Leniu. Luke is good, but unproven at NRL level over a long period.
Well gotta give him time... cant let him go to the dogs to prove us wrong

Port Panther

Juniors
Just want to say a well done to soc 123 as a mod on here and congrats on getting the sentiment of my thread on the kennel how they spend all their lives talking about us .Regards the Raven .
P.S how feral are they ?

Latest posts