What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Worth a laugh at Kent's expense.

The way Paul Kent treated Anthony Maroon he shouldn't be critical of other people's actions.

Trifili13

Juniors
The Northern Suburbs Devils won 8 in ten years in the Queensland competition in the sixties. Who is to say they wouldn't have beaten St George? What St George did is admirable, but it was a very limited ten team State based competition back then. Newtown Jets and the Bears don't even play anymore. You can't compare it to a competition that has NZ, Canberra, 3 Queensland teams, and Melboune. Penrith and Cronulla weren't even in the competition when St George did their run of wins. St George were a champion team in the NSW cup, not the NRL. There is nothing "National" about beating everybody in Sydney even if you do it 11 times straight.
That's gracious of you to think what no other team has done before and is unlikely to ever do in the future as "admirable" as it was just a 10 team local comp. I assume you also think Bradman's test average of 99.94 is OK as there were only a handful of test playing nations in those days.

On your thinking what Penrith has achieved by defending their title is nothing special given that it was also achieved by the Rooster's just 3 years ago.

Pomoz

Bench
That's gracious of you to think what no other team has done before and is unlikely to ever do in the future as "admirable" as it was just a 10 team local comp. I assume you also think Bradman's test average of 99.94 is OK as there were only a handful of test playing nations in those days.

On your thinking what Penrith has achieved by defending their title is nothing special given that it was also achieved by the Rooster's just 3 years ago.
No need for the sarcasm. We were discussing the teams that go back to back and where they rank. I am giving valid reasons why I don't think the St George teams 11 in a row is as good as the Raiders, Broncos, Roosters, or the Storm. The fact is indisputable that the competition was local, wasn't as competitive and had no restrictions on it. The Devils 8 in ten years deserves equal consideration if we are comparing like with like. For some reason everybody dismisses Queensland teams, yet as soon as Brisbane joined the NRL they were very competitive. Within six seasons they were crowned premiers, ironically against St George.

It was a good achievement, but I would be more impressed if they played anybody outside the Sydney metropolitan area. This whole "St George where the greatest team ever" mantra is as valid as Americans saying they won the World Series.

As for the Panthers, I think what we achieved is indeed very good, especially considering how competitive the NRL is now. It does at least encompass the best that Queensland has to offer, NZ Melbourne and Canberra. We would be in consideration for the best NRL team ever if we can threepeat. I hope we do.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
This season was weird in term of how strong it was. For mine, the Sharks and the Cowboys were two of the weakest top 4 teams there has been in a long time (maybe since us in 2010)

Iamback

Coach

Why wouldn't a QLD team of been possible to beat the Dragons? Especially throwing travel in

Pomoz

Bench
This season was weird in term of how strong it was. For mine, the Sharks and the Cowboys were two of the weakest top 4 teams there has been in a long time (maybe since us in 2010)
Oh yeah, our 2010 team was pretty ordinary. You know you will struggle when Burns and Walsh are your halves and Purtell is a back rower. The cherry on the cake is Matt Elliot. He can make breathing sound complicated.

It is an interesting question. Was it a weak competition this year, or where the Panthers just that good? We weren't troubled in any of the semi-final games. The South Sydney score flattered them considering two tries should have been given (according to the ref's boss, not me).

Melbourne were thrashing teams for fun at one point and there was talk of them breaking attacking records. The Roosters got on a roll leading to the semi finals and everybody was like :watch out". It is always tempting to say "the opposition has been rubbish in 2022". Really?

hindy111

Post Whore
Good old Ryan Matterson, notice his deflection efforts, when he declared that Jerome should have been cited?

Grub act and I want him gone. The only defense is his crusher was barely a crusher tackle. Unsure how the NRL gave him 3 weeks for that while guys like JWH and Nelson never cop a suspension.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think it was a prank involving a plastic bag and white powder.

I find more laughable he would have handled celebrations differently. He and Parramatta have never been in a position to do so. How would he know what it feels like. :)

Maybe he has celebrated something else before unrelated to sports. Plenty of people celebrate things differently. Especially when they are older,wiser, different cultures and education

mxlegend99

Referee
Obviously people are using certain camera fans to make Jerome look bad. They should apologise of Jerome should be able to sue. They are damaging his brand and the way public see him. Id be upset if I was Jerome also.
The media are leading the charge.

Eels call themselves our big brother. Media are fine with that. We reply back saying we're their dads. Fish calls them our sons. Apparently that's arrogant.

Api cops shit from his teammates about how he's not winning another ring at Tigers... Which is what mates do to each other and it's clearly done in a joking way. Api runs with the joke saying he hopes he goes out a winner at tigers and snickers knowing it aint happening. Oh the arrogance for a drunk guy to joke about something he has copped shit for all night and probably all season to be honest.

Media (and Ryan Matterson) attack Luai for actions he didn't do. Actions which the supposed victim confirmed he didn't do. They still attack him. No differently to how they attacked Peter Green a week ago based off zero evidence. Jed Cartwright had to come out and confirm nothing was said.

Where's the apologies from people making false accusations that are proven wrong? You want arrogance? merkins coming out talking shit about people without all the facts who are later proven wrong and don't apologise? That's arrogance. That's childish. That's Paul f**king Kent.

Edit
Peter not Paul

Last edited:

Eels call themselves our big brother. Media are fine with that. We reply back saying we're their dads. Fish calls them our sons. Apparently that's arrogant.

Api cops shit from his teammates about how he's not winning another ring at Tigers... Which is what mates do to each other and it's clearly done in a joking way. Api runs with the joke saying he hopes he goes out a winner at tigers and snickers knowing it aint happening. Oh the arrogance for a drunk guy to joke about something he has copped shit for all night and probably all season to be honest.

Media (and Ryan Matterson) attack Luai for actions he didn't do. Actions which the supposed victim confirmed he didn't do. They still attack him. No differently to how they attacked Paul Green a week ago based off zero evidence. Jed Cartwright had to come out and confirm nothing was said.

Where's the apologies from people making false accusations that are proven wrong? You want arrogance? merkins coming out talking shit about people without all the facts who are later proven wrong and don't apologise? That's arrogance. That's childish. That's Paul f**king Kent.
Pete Green. 100 percent.

hindy111

Post Whore

Media (and Ryan Matterson) attack Luai for actions he didn't do. Actions which the supposed victim confirmed he didn't do. They still attack him. No differently to how they attacked Peter Green a week ago based off zero evidence. Jed Cartwright had to come out and confirm nothing was said.

Edit
Peter not Paul

To Mattos defense he would of only saw the angle the media ran with from the kick right?
The judiciary systems a joke if ask me. His tackle was 3 weeks. And how Nelson cab get away with what he does along with Kafusi and JWH is embarrassing and a stain to the game