What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Kent also, shall we use the word "Suggested " the audio could have been altered and demanded it be released so he could carefully review it.
The club rightly got legal advice over his comments which he squealed over.

He is paid to stir up shit. It is best to ignore him. No one at the club takes him seriously or has any time for him.
One day Kent is going to push the envelope to far and he could be sued

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Kent also, shall we use the word "Suggested " the audio could have been altered and demanded it be released so he could carefully review it.
The club rightly got legal advice over his comments which he squealed over.

He is paid to stir up shit. It is best to ignore him. No one at the club takes him seriously or has any time for him.

Any one remember a Josh Massoud. He came to a 'sticky' end so to speak.

He ended up sticking his big toe over that line. He's gone from writing about the NRL to driving ice cream trucks and being a private investigator.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
On your thinking what Penrith has achieved by defending their title is nothing special given that it was also achieved by the Rooster's just 3 years ago.
The Roosters had to recruit two existing champions, indisputably the best players in two critical positions in the sport, to even get the first of them. Penrith didn't. That's the difference.

Black Diamond

Juniors
That's gracious of you to think what no other team has done before and is unlikely to ever do in the future as "admirable" as it was just a 10 team local comp. I assume you also think Bradman's test average of 99.94 is OK as there were only a handful of test playing nations in those days.

On your thinking what Penrith has achieved by defending their title is nothing special given that it was also achieved by the Rooster's just 3 years ago.
The Penrith Panthers club as a whole won four premierships; 1 of which was a back to back first grade premiership, a state championship and a minor premiership (may have been more, not sure which of the other grades finished first) in 2022. Roosters did not achieve anywhere near this level of excellence as a club "just 3 years ago" So yeah it is something special.

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
The Roosters had to recruit two existing champions, indisputably the best players in two critical positions in the sport, to even get the first of them. Penrith didn't. That's the difference.
No one will ever know if that is correct, but let's assume it is. You must also then acknowledge that Penrith has the largest junior district which the Roosters can not compete with so they must look at players outside their area, just as Penrith does and brings them into their system. Unlike my team the Dragon's which are a basket case at the administrative level which is reflected on the field, the trick is to continue to evolve and not rest on your laurels like the Dragon's did after the Bennett era. Enjoy the team you have as you never when it might end.

Murraymob1

Juniors
No one will ever know if that is correct, but let's assume it is. You must also then acknowledge that Penrith has the largest junior district which the Roosters can not compete with so they must look at players outside their area, just as Penrith does and brings them into their system. Unlike my team the Dragon's which are a basket case at the administrative level which is reflected on the field, the trick is to continue to evolve and not rest on your laurels like the Dragon's did after the Bennett era. Enjoy the team you have as you never when it might end.
The age old argument of who is better can never be solved due to the variable time frame rules at the time amount of teams competing and many more variables .the dragons are no doubt a great team in that era as penrith are now .Was not old enough to see the dragons but would have loved to

Pomoz

Bench
Penrith always had a huge junior base, but never really used it well until recently. We sporadically produced good teams every so often when we lucked on a set of juniors (I am being a bit trite, I know a lot of effort went into producing those teams. But history shows it was never maintained because the systems weren't in place to support it on an ongoing basis). Parramatta have also a huge junior base with similar results, although to be fair, they have made a few GF's.

The point is a huge junior base guarantees nothing. St George has a more than large enough junior base when you include the Illawarra region. But you have to have a development process in place to get value out of it. Your current press about Sullivan wanting to leave because his path is blocked points to a problem. Nobody is making sure he gets the game time to develop him and now he is frustrated. Bennett was a master at it. Always bringing through a baby Bronco who sure enough, two years later was playing SOO. He was ruthless, sacking Lewis, Jackson, Petereo and many others to make sure youngsters could come through. But he did it in a managed way.

The Roosters may not have a huge junior base but they develop players and invest in coaching and support to bring through players, regardless of where they were born. It is telling that the GM that set up their development pathways was Gus. Watchout for the Bulldogs in the next few years,they are going to become a force.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nice to see Brent Naden enjoying our GF celebrations with his former team mates on the Monday night at local favourite Duck Duck Goose. Haven’t been there myself but dumplings are to die for apparently.

To Mattos defense he would of only saw the angle the media ran with from the kick right?
The judiciary systems a joke if ask me. His tackle was 3 weeks. And how Nelson cab get away with what he does along with Kafusi and JWH is embarrassing and a stain to the game
Perhaps Matterson should’ve consulted with Papali’i first and asked him if Luai had kicked him.

This demonstrates a lack of communication and would’ve further explained Parra’s total capitulation.

Latest posts