What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be fair, though, the Tigers are in a bad place right now; Hastings not getting on with people could just be interpreted as Hastings wants to win, and some complacent folk don't see eye to eye with him, with regards to how he approaches this.
The bloke is so talented the Roosters signed him into the top 30 out of St. George’s SG Ball side. Then when they realised what he’s like they were happy to get rid of him. He’s a huge risk.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If other clubs can afford to keep their stars we should have the funds to keep both unless BA is prepared to replace one with Jake. My fear is this may have been why Jake was elevated and persevered with before he was ready. I guess we will find out soon enough.

hindy111

Post Whore
If other clubs can afford to keep their stars we should have the funds to keep both unless BA is prepared to replace one with Jake. My fear is this may have been why Jake was elevated and persevered with before he was ready. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Let's see. JA could be flushed out of system also if someone better pops up. I'd be dissapointed if we don't add some utility to Out sqaud

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry, I don’t think this is rational or realistic. Players like Will Smith or Jake Arthur get used as a band aid solution when the squad depth and balance is tested. You need players in the squad like them to do a job, but they are never the preferred option. If we lose a player of the calibre of Moses or Brown, then there is no way that anyone at the club would be comfortable with Jake being a starting half in our grand finalist club. There is no secret that we made Jack Wighton a target before Dylan exercised his last option.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

we have a recruitment and retention committee, it's not just up to BA

Incorrect

Coach
For all the strides he seemed to have made in turning his image around, it seems there is still something about Hastings that doesn't endear him to the team/club environment... Has some talent but to be moved along by 3 NRL teams seems a red flag...

hindy111

Post Whore
For all the strides he seemed to have made in turning his image around, it seems there is still something about Hastings that doesn't endear him to the team/club environment... Has some talent but to be moved along by 3 NRL teams seems a red flag...

Striders

Gronk

Staff member
He's only 27 in 2023. Yeah I don't get the lack of interest, unless it's the asking price.

JokerEel

Coach

The fac the Tigers are keeping a winger that bags his own team on social media over Hastings shows the club isnt going forward.