What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah.

But apart from that, he's been steady as a rock.

Great defensive player. Great ball player. Great spirit.
Very ordinary run game. Problem Guth has now is Dylan has gone up a level and demands more ball playing. It takes away one of Guthersons best strengths. In 2020 and 2021 we needed his pass game. Now we don't. We'd be better served with a running fullback now. That may change if Moses or Dlyan jump ship.

gaffer

Juniors
I think we have a boom hooker coming through.
Arthurs young bloke. Keep the runway clear
can he kick 40/20's run from dummy half strip the ball from opponents make fifty tackles a game and kick goals as a bonus if he can't he wont be any good

yy_cheng

Coach
Less pressure being a dummy half then a halfback.

Matt sounds like a typical dummy half as i heard from people around the junior league he was a bit of a smartarse as a kid. But rips in defensively not sure of his attacking skills.

If Jake was a backrower i reckon there would be less outrage as he can just do a simple job and role for team.

Being a halfback and handed the keys to the team when he isn't ready does him no favours.
I wouldnt actually mind jake if he was like 10000x faster. I just find him too damn slow

yy_cheng

Coach
Very ordinary run game. Problem Guth has now is Dylan has gone up a level and demands more ball playing. It takes away one of Guthersons best strengths. In 2020 and 2021 we needed his pass game. Now we don't. We'd be better served with a running fullback now. That may change if Moses or Dlyan jump ship.
I reckon his support play and how he is so fit and gets to alot of places on the field whereas other couldn't or WOULDN'T

will be still very useful

Angry_eel

First Grade
This club doesn't have the balls enough to fire the captain. We don't seem to be the Roosters to make the tough calls. So I reckon Dyl will go.

Another thing, maybe it's a fan's viewpoint but I don't see what Dyl offers at 5/8th which he couldn't at fullback. With his speed and step, he'd kill at fullback.

hindy111

Post Whore
This club doesn't have the balls enough to fire the captain. We don't seem to be the Roosters to make the tough calls. So I reckon Dyl will go.

Another thing, maybe it's a fan's viewpoint but I don't see what Dyl offers at 5/8th which he couldn't at fullback. With his speed and step, he'd kill at fullback.

If we lost Moses or Dlyan at expense of keeping Gutherson then massive f**k up my management. I always felt last year we needed these two extended before Gutherson.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Less pressure being a dummy half then a halfback.

Matt sounds like a typical dummy half as i heard from people around the junior league he was a bit of a smartarse as a kid. But rips in defensively not sure of his attacking skills.

If Jake was a backrower i reckon there would be less outrage as he can just do a simple job and role for team.

Being a halfback and handed the keys to the team when he isn't ready does him no favours.
He was never handed the keys to the team, he just did most of the kicking, as dictated by the right side halfback in our structure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BAs tenure seemed to have a phase where we were one of the best defensive teams, then now we seem to just be average defensively.
Lighter forwards are better defensively; look at the Panthers pack. Big forwards are better in attack. Back then we were fairly lightweight in the middle.

Incorrect

Coach
If we lost Moses or Dlyan at expense of keeping Gutherson then massive f**k up my management. I always felt last year we needed these two extended before Gutherson.
I have this awful feeling that Drown will end up at the Tigers in 2024. Brooks' salary will easily cover what Drown is after, they'll even have some to spare... The Moses overtures from the Tigers we're hearing so much about could be a bit of a diversion/smokescreen while they negotiate with Drown at the same time

hindy111

Post Whore
Lighter forwards are better defensively; look at the Panthers pack. Big forwards are better in attack. Back then we were fairly lightweight in the middle.

People say that. But Kikaus 116kgs and Spencer is 110ks probably more now. Leota is 108kgs.
Are they that small? Yeo,Jfh,Martin are on your small and more mobile side.
Marata is 107kgs,Matterson 106kgs, Papali wouldn't be any more. Similar to Yeo at 106kgs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People say that. But Kikaus 116kgs and Spencer is 110ks probably more now. Leota is 108kgs.
Kikau plays out wide where he doesn’t have to work as hard. Leota and Leniu are both much smaller than Paulo and also cheap enough that they don’t need to play long minutes. They played 56 minutes between them in the grand final.
Are they that small? Yeo,Jfh,Martin are on your small and more mobile side.
Marata is 107kgs,Matterson 106kgs, Papali wouldn't be any more. Similar to Yeo at 106kgs.
It’s Paulo and RCG that are big, but more to the point, they are two of our best players, so they’re needed to play long minutes (like Yeo and JFH). Those two are much lighter than our best middles. Kaufusi is also bigger than Leniu. That’s three guys heavier than Penrith’s biggest middle forward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So what. You haven't heard of extending early or just letting him go for preparation?
We made the grand final this year. We wouldn’t have done that without Gutherson, and probably also if we had upgraded Drown before it was required. It’s good to build for the future but clubs can’t afford to tank a season to create space for later. Not unless they have an injury crisis early on and start poorly. Then you might see overpaid players subsidised to leave.