What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
We made the grand final this year. We wouldn’t have done that without Gutherson, and probably also if we had upgraded Drown before it was required. It’s good to build for the future but clubs can’t afford to tank a season to create space for later. Not unless they have an injury crisis early on and start poorly. Then you might see overpaid players subsidised to leave.

Gutherson was under contract this season but. We extended him for 2023 onwards. I was vocal back then that I'd be happy to let him go after 2022 along with one of your two starting props. I just felt 2022 we'd have a good crack but then a mini rebuild would be needed. So by 2024/2025 we could have a red hot crack.
We might be fine but we are also at a huge risk come 2024 of having guys on big money that are pass their best along with losing one of our star halves and not being able to sign any real good young talent.

That is my fear.

I hope I am wrong and we are top 4 in 2023, sign both our halves and by 2024/2025 we get value from some cheap juniors and stay competitive untill we free some cash up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dolphins are coming now for Dylan.

He was like 5th in their list of stars but everyone else managed to wrap their guys up. Pretty confident we will as well. Would,d be embarrassing if didn't.
"We CaN't MaKe ThEm SiGn WiTh Us"

Remember when the powers at be thought extending Bea Arthur would get our players to re-sign. Nek Minnett we lose a heap of players and even the coaches Son Guth played his contract saga out in the media. You have to wonder what the people running the club have actually been doing???

hindy111

Post Whore
"We CaN't MaKe ThEm SiGn WiTh Us"

Remember when the powers at be thought extending Bea Arthur would get our players to re-sign. Nek Minnett we lose a heap of players and even the coaches Son Guth played his contract saga out in the media. You have to wonder what the people running the club have actually been doing???

I am confident we sign both halves up. If not then I will have my say about this situation.
I can already see the apologists lining up just incase.

hindy111

Post Whore
We played a woeful manly team that night that lost 7 straight. He had a good second half against a piss poor team.

They where playing for season and up at their home ground. Was a good performance. But about the only one. Rest was gash.

Black Panther

Juniors
Dolphins are coming now for Dylan.

He was like 5th in their list of stars but everyone else managed to wrap their guys up. Pretty confident we will as well. Would,d be embarrassing if didn't.
A bit like Penrith with Kikau and API? Penrith were confident of keeping both, but kept neither. I hope Parra keep both Moses and Brown.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No, we should already have tied them into extended contracts.

Possibly, but that was made harder by not knowing what the salary cap will be so we don't know what we have to spend, and if reports are correct, their agents pushed them to "test the market".

I would love to have them tied up too but I understand why they haven't been re-signed as yet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gutherson was under contract this season but. We extended him for 2023 onwards. I was vocal back then that I'd be happy to let him go after 2022 along with one of your two starting props. I just felt 2022 we'd have a good crack but then a mini rebuild would be needed. So by 2024/2025 we could have a red hot crack.
We might be fine but we are also at a huge risk come 2024 of having guys on big money that are pass their best along with losing one of our star halves and not being able to sign any real good young talent.

That is my fear.

I hope I am wrong and we are top 4 in 2023, sign both our halves and by 2024/2025 we get value from some cheap juniors and stay competitive untill we free some cash up.
Gutherson is fine and I’m sure a big part of our recent success. I think there’s a good chance we could fall apart without him. We don’t seem to have many real leaders. One of those leaders is Junior Paulo who isn’t well suited to the post-Covid ruck speed.

hastings might be available next year what about him as our utility on the bench and then he's there if moses or brown buggers off https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/3ee1a8c97412816c590930508f2eadb8
I think he's probably too much of a risk. He got offside with just about everyone in his early career, went to England as a last resort and seemed to mend fences or settle down. Then comes back to Oz and despite impressing in a shit team there are more reports about him not exactly being onside with some players at his club.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he's probably too much of a risk. He got offside with just about everyone in his early career, went to England as a last resort and seemed to mend fences or settle down. Then comes back to Oz and despite impressing in a shit team there are more reports about him not exactly being onside with some players at his club.

To be fair, though, the Tigers are in a bad place right now; Hastings not getting on with people could just be interpreted as Hastings wants to win, and some complacent folk don't see eye to eye with him, with regards to how he approaches this.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am confident we sign both halves up. If not then I will have my say about this situation.
I can already see the apologists lining up just incase.
I will be amazed if we keep both, and even more amazed (flabbergasted?) if we lose both. I’m pretty certain we’ll keep one and lose one.

Latest posts