What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

coolumsharkie

Referee
Why Me Lord, Why Me ????

Yeppers they have finally got me. TWO RED HORIZONTAL LINES across my testing kit.

Isolation here I come.
What are your symptoms ol' mate? Mine started with a runny nose and then a little bit of fever. Knocks your energy levels about and I've still got a blocked nose day 11 but have been negative since day 6. If it goes to your lungs go and get that anti-viral stuff from the chemist.

That would be my only advice, you'll be roight.

Special K

Coach
Bored on this lovely day so decided to jump on and see what is on the housing market given interest rates and everything going on. I'm flabbergasted by what some duplexs in caringbah south that are going for 2.5m plus! Sure you get to be neighbours with Buzz but I am not sure it is worth that much! 2019 they would struggle to get 1.45/1.5.

No idea how my kids will ever be able to buy property unless I do it for them.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bored on this lovely day so decided to jump on and see what is on the housing market given interest rates and everything going on. I'm flabbergasted by what some duplexs in caringbah south that are going for 2.5m plus! Sure you get to be neighbours with Buzz but I am not sure it is worth that much! 2019 they would struggle to get 1.45/1.5.

No idea how my kids will ever be able to buy property unless I do it for them.
The world will evolve and they'll be right. Your own parents probably were saying the same thing about you and any sibs you may have :)

Quigs

Immortal
COVID UPDATE: Chris (the nurse wife) had left for Brissie on Sunday Morning so it was just Buff (the dog) and I at home. Honestly I cant remember the timeline but I think I tested positive that arvo. I thought I was okay, just headaches and tired. Well Monday morn I could not co-ordinate movement, legs going under me, a lot of pain etc, even had trouble getting out of bed. My knees went under me three times when I tried walking and one time I actually fell heavily head butting the floor (Cliffy Watson style).

I've ended up with a lump on my forehead and two nasty black eye (Jimmy Morgan Style) and a sore left knee. It was a major struggle to get upright again. I survived the day and night. When I woke Tues morning I was able to move more but both my hands were buckled under and all my fingers were like an arthritic old pensioner..... they wouldn't straighten out. I watched them for about 40 minutes, next minute 2 fingers on one hand straightened and 1 on the other. Within half and hour all was nearly normal. It was so bloody weird.

Chris got home lunchtime that day.

Anyhow I am feeling a little better today (Day3). First time Ive turned the computer on.

Quigs

Immortal
What are your symptoms ol' mate? Mine started with a runny nose and then a little bit of fever. Knocks your energy levels about and I've still got a blocked nose day 11 but have been negative since day 6. If it goes to your lungs go and get that anti-viral stuff from the chemist.

That would be my only advice, you'll be roight.

My first serious what I thought were symptoms was a tickle in the throat and the onset of uncontrollable coughing. And a far-can nose that wouldn't stop running.

Sunday morning I tested negative, Sunday afternoon I was gonski. I had the hangover headache and a bit of pain but I thought i would be alright,

(See my previous post) Tuesday morning everything had turned to shit.

Yesterday was a slight improvement and today is a little better but I still feel shit house. I am getting exhausted just typing.

DJDL

Bench
When I woke Tues morning I was able to move more but both my hands were buckled under and all my fingers were like an arthritic old pensioner..... they wouldn't straighten out. I watched them for about 40 minutes, next minute 2 fingers on one hand straightened and 1 on the other. Within half and hour all was nearly normal. It was so bloody weird.

It almost sounds like Angry laced your Monte Carlos with something.

At any rate, glad to hear you're coming around.

I'm about to have a test myself.
Had similar symptoms to what you describe since yesterday morning.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

COVID UPDATE: Chris (the nurse wife) had left for Brissie on Sunday Morning so it was just Buff (the dog) and I at home. Honestly I cant remember the timeline but I think I tested positive that arvo. I thought I was okay, just headaches and tired. Well Monday morn I could not co-ordinate movement, legs going under me, a lot of pain etc, even had trouble getting out of bed. My knees went under me three times when I tried walking and one time I actually fell heavily head butting the floor (Cliffy Watson style).

I've ended up with a lump on my forehead and two nasty black eye (Jimmy Morgan Style) and a sore left knee. It was a major struggle to get upright again. I survived the day and night. When I woke Tues morning I was able to move more but both my hands were buckled under and all my fingers were like an arthritic old pensioner..... they wouldn't straighten out. I watched them for about 40 minutes, next minute 2 fingers on one hand straightened and 1 on the other. Within half and hour all was nearly normal. It was so bloody weird.

Anyhow I am feeling a little better today (Day3). First time Ive turned the computer on.
Imagine if you weren't vaxed...

coolumsharkie

Referee
My first serious what I thought were symptoms was a tickle in the throat and the onset of uncontrollable coughing. And a far-can nose that wouldn't stop running.

Sunday morning I tested negative, Sunday afternoon I was gonski. I had the hangover headache and a bit of pain but I thought i would be alright,

(See my previous post) Tuesday morning everything had turned to shit.

Yesterday was a slight improvement and today is a little better but I still feel shit house. I am getting exhausted just typing.
Be prepared for it to hang on for a bit. I'm still trying to shake some of it and there's the one minute you're all good the next minute your lying on your back again.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Sounds like you would have been better off pregnant.,

Frenzy.

Immortal
I've been in iso for a week. Fantastic week. Minor head cold. Family avoiding me. Open access to the 110 inch screen. Meals delivered. Looking into doctoring RATs to stay in present situation permanently.

Any test you do for weeks will likely be positive so don't bother looking into it LOL

Quigs

Immortal
My half deaf Wife has it now and my near pleasurable brain dead isolation has turned to mud. Apart from the pain and suffering I now have to put up with a blaring TV with continuous looping of shows like Judge Judy, Bewitched, and a farcan yank Chicago Police Series.

WHY ME LORD.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am, NOVID, I did isolate with my daughter when she got it, but I never did.

Germs fear my body, the want healthy cells to attack.

Special K

Coach
Just picked up the spicy cough for the second time. No idea where I got it but I have been done. The no taste thing is so strange! I didn't get that last time. Timing sucks as the wife is 38 weeks preg so if she gets it or has to go into hospital we are in all sorts.

Few months ago I was in Texas, Las Vegas and didn't even get a sniffle. Just my luck

Quigs

Immortal
Be prepared for it to hang on for a bit. I'm still trying to shake some of it and there's the one minute you're all good the next minute your lying on your back again.
You are not wrong Cools, I keep feeling a bit better and as soon as I do something ...... all I want to do is just lay down and sleep.

Took the dog for a short walk this morn for both our good. By the time I hit the sand I was ready to sleep again.

Did a test just a short while ago, still the two reddies.

It's pissin' me off I tell youse.

coolumsharkie

Referee
You are not wrong Cools, I keep feeling a bit better and as soon as I do something ...... all I want to do is just lay down and sleep.

Took the dog for a short walk this morn for both our good. By the time I hit the sand I was ready to sleep again.

Did a test just a short while ago, still the two reddies.

It's pissin' me off I tell youse.
I went to Thailand prior to last weekend still suffering in the nose but it went away in a day or two once I got there. Had 5 days of good health and then caught a bug last Thursday, dropped me like a sac of spuds for 12 hours and flew out Friday night. None of my crew, including the missus got it so I put it down to having low immunity due to Covid.

Latest posts