What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
I still wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers surprised everyone and signed Drown from under our noses... The Moses talk could be just a ruse to divert attention... The same might apply to the Bulldogs actually. Drown at 7 and Burton at 6 would complement each other I reckon...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Serious question:

Do we really want to pay Moses more money than the best halfback in the comp that has just won two back to back premierships and is the current Australian number 7?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Moses but there is no chance I would be matching any reported offers of $1.4m. Not a chance. See you later.

Imo, no.

Moses just doesn't run the ball enough, imo, to warrant more money than Cleary.

His kicking game is brilliant, and he has a great pass on him - but for $1.4 million, imo, we need to see more dominance from Mitch.

Brad has said time, and time again, that this is Mitchell's team now - I believe he needs to own that, and stamp his authority on more games.

Happy MEel

First Grade
To be fair, Mitch did just take us to a GF and he is by far our most influential player. As you say, his kicking game is elite, he had the most try assists in the competition, he has a very good passing game and his defence has improved immensely. I’d also like him to run the ball more, but outside of Cleary, I don’t think I’d prefer any other halfback.

JokerEel

Coach
To be fair, Mitch did just take us to a GF and he is by far our most influential player. As you say, his kicking game is elite, he had the most try assists in the competition, he has a very good passing game and his defence has improved immensely. I’d also like him to run the ball more, but outside of Cleary, I don’t think I’d prefer any other halfback.

The problem is if Moses and Brown take a huge chunk of our cap we are going to lose good players around them who could get us back to the GF.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Serious question:

Do we really want to pay Moses more money than the best halfback in the comp that has just won two back to back premierships and is the current Australian number 7?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Moses but there is no chance I would be matching any reported offers of $1.4m. Not a chance. See you later.
Merkins wonder why better players take unders to stay at bigger clubs, while Moses expects us to match top dollar offers from shit clubs. I reckon there's two explanations; players at our club are more likely to be motivated by money (or else they would be somewhere bigger), and those players at the bigger clubs might be compensated in other ways anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing is Cleary is a proper middle half. Moses does most of our kicking but in our attacking shape he stays on the right. Drown is our middle playmaker.

lucablight

First Grade
Serious question:

What’s the alternative? With Moses were a chance. Without him we’re most likely just making up the numbers. Can we afford to waste Paulo, Matterson and RCGs primes by playing without a top 5 halfback?

lucablight

First Grade
Merkins wonder why better players take unders to stay at bigger clubs, while Moses expects us to match top dollar offers from shit clubs. I reckon there's two explanations; players at our club are more likely to be motivated by money (or else they would be somewhere bigger), and those players at the bigger clubs might be compensated in other ways anyway.
We are one of the big clubs.

lucablight

First Grade
Where's the proof?
Extensive media coverage, largest Sydney supporter base, strong leagues club backing and large junior base just to name a few indicators. How aren’t we one of the glamour clubs? I’d only rate the Broncos, Roosters and maybe the Rabbitohs as “bigger” than us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The extensive media coverage is overwhelmingly negative, probably due to the large supporter base. Do the extra fans translate to more income from TV or sponsors? The corporates f**king hate us.

As for the large junior base, they are happy signing wherever the money is.

Gronk

Staff member
Who we going to replace him with? We lose Moses we are in a virtual rebuild phase.
Dylan can play half and we can find a 6. Or as others say, jag a 7 coming through. Unfortunately there are no good outcomes when the shit clubs rape n pillage your roster.