What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

westerntiger

Juniors
Problem is the confusing home ground situation.
3 Campbelltown
3 Leichhardt
2 commbank
1 Homebush
1 Hamilton nz
1 Tamworth
1 magic round

Vic Mackey

Referee
Having the titans and knights first up means we could potentially start the season 2-0

Potentially, however from memory we’ve generally done better against ‘good teams’ in the first 4 weeks

Us the titans and knights will all have fairly different teams from this year, settling new combos will be important. As always though in the early rounds whoever completes better will win.

Fordy20

Juniors
FoxSports said:
The club has had a player clean-out with Luke Garner and Tyrone Peachey switching to the Panthers, Jacob Liddle and Zane Musgrove to the Dragons, Kelma Tuilagi to the Sea Eagles, James Tamou to the Cowboys, Oliver Gildart to the Dolphins and Jackson Hastings to the Knights.
Implying that the club was the one who sent these guys packing. You could argue that Liddle and Peachey are part of a clean out, but the rest of those players had either already signed elsewhere or left of their own accord.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm counting 28.

If Bateman comes, obviously 29 with 1 to go?

TIGERS

2023 squad
: Shawn Blore (2024), Luke Brooks (2023), Adam Doueihi (2023), Sione Fainu (2024), Asu Kepaoa (2024), Apisai Koroisau (2024 MO 2025), Daine Laurie (2023), Ken Maumalo (2023, PO 2024), Rua Ngatikaura (2024), Brent Naden (2025), David Nofoaluma (2025), Joe Ofahengaue (2025), Isaiah Papali’i (2025), Fonua Pole (2025), Triston Reilly (2024), Apisalome Saukuru (2023), Alex Seyfarth (2023), Jake Simpkin (2024), Tuki Simpkins (2023), Will Smith (2023), Charlie Staines (2023), Tommy Talau (2023), Starford To’a (2024), Brandon Tumeth (2024), Junior Tupou (2024), Alex Twal (2024), Stefano Utoikamanu (2024 MO 2025), Justin Matamua (2025)

Development players:Christian Ma’anaima (2023), Josh Feledy (2023), Kitione Kautoga (2023)

2023 gains:Apisai Koroisau (Panthers), Isaiah Papali’i (Eels), David Nofoaluma (Storm - return from loan), Charlie Staines (Panthers), Will Smith (Hull FC)

2023 losses: Jackson Hastings (Knights), Luke Garner (Panthers), James Tamou (Cowboys), Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles), Zane Musgrove (Dragons), Tyrone Peachey (Panthers), Oliver Gildart (Dolphins)

Coach: Tim Sheens (2024)

If Bateman and Brown come, that’s our list completed for ‘23.
Last years backs, plus Staines and minus Jacko will have to rise to the occasion.😬

Staines
Laurie
Nofo
Ken
Naden
Toupo
Talau
Smith
Brooks
Doueihi
Kepaoa

BrotherJim05

Bench
Last years backs, plus Staines and minus Jacko will have to rise to the occasion.😬

Staines
Laurie
Nofo
Ken
Naden
Toupo
Talau
Smith
Brooks
Doueihi
Kepaoa
Backline leaves a lot to be desired, but at the end of the day it's the forwards who win you the game. A strong pack with Brooks back to his best will see all these players kick it up a gear or two.

It's the backs that kick it up 2+ gears that will be part of the future plans

Vic Mackey

Referee

Staines
Laurie
Nofo
Ken
Naden
Toupo
Talau
Smith
Brooks
Doueihi
Kepaoa

I would like both Bateman and N brown, however if we get them then our squad had NO back up halves. Most squads have 4 halves in them. My only guess is Laurie is the backup.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Backline leaves a lot to be desired, but at the end of the day it's the forwards who win you the game. A strong pack with Brooks back to his best will see all these players kick it up a gear or two.

It's the backs that kick it up 2+ gears that will be part of the future plans
“Brooks back to his best” is an oxymoron.

No matter how strong the pack is we are glaringly devoid of an intelligent no.7 to steer the team around the park.Brooks doesn’t possess the smarts the confidence the ability nor the ambition to competently game manage.Why the hierarchy didn’t release him to the knights instead of Hastings is arguably the dumbest decision the club has made.

Tigerm

First Grade

For what it's worth. "We are likely to improve" I f**king hope so.

13. TIGERS

Round 1 predicted starting pack:
8. Alex Twal 9. Api Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Shawn Blore 13. Joe Ofahengaue

Full pack: Shawn Blore, Sione Fainu, Apisai Koroisau, Justin Matamua, Rua Ngatikaura, Joe Ofahengaue, Isaiah Papali’I, Fonua Pole, Alex Seyfarth, Tuki Simpkins, Brandon Tumeth, Alex Twal, Stefano Utoikamanu, Jake Simpkin, David Klemmer

Ins: Apisai Koroisau (Panthers), Isaiah Papali’i (Eels), David Klemmer (Knights)

Outs: Luke Garner (Panthers), Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles), Zane Musgrove (Dragons), James Tamou (Cowboys), Jackson Hastings (Knights)

Analysis: Coach Tim Sheens, alongside Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah, have a much improved forward pack for the 2023 season.

The Tigers have recruited one of the NRL’s elite hookers in Apisai Koroisau and gun backrower Isaiah Papali’i.

However, it remains to be seen if those two stars can spark the misfiring merger club’s pack who have been disappointing in seasons gone by.

Alex Twal is set to return at prop after suffering two concussions within three games which saw him sidelined since Round 15.

Joe Ofahengaue played lock for majority of the season and after Jackson Hastings’ departure will likely wear the No.13 jersey once again.

Meanwhile, young gun Shawn Blore, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in pre-season, could line-up in the backrow if the Tigers miss out on former Raiders gun John Bateman.

Bateman has been heavily linked to a move back to Australia, while Eels outcast Nathan Brown could also return to Leichhardt.

Add in rising stars Fonua Pole and Stefano Utoikamanu off the bench and the Tigers will likely improve in 2023.

Vic Mackey

Referee

For what it's worth. "We are likely to improve" I f**king hope so.

13. TIGERS

Round 1 predicted starting pack:
8. Alex Twal 9. Api Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Shawn Blore 13. Joe Ofahengaue

Full pack: Shawn Blore, Sione Fainu, Apisai Koroisau, Justin Matamua, Rua Ngatikaura, Joe Ofahengaue, Isaiah Papali’I, Fonua Pole, Alex Seyfarth, Tuki Simpkins, Brandon Tumeth, Alex Twal, Stefano Utoikamanu, Jake Simpkin, David Klemmer

Ins: Apisai Koroisau (Panthers), Isaiah Papali’i (Eels), David Klemmer (Knights)

Outs: Luke Garner (Panthers), Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles), Zane Musgrove (Dragons), James Tamou (Cowboys), Jackson Hastings (Knights)

Analysis: Coach Tim Sheens, alongside Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah, have a much improved forward pack for the 2023 season.

The Tigers have recruited one of the NRL’s elite hookers in Apisai Koroisau and gun backrower Isaiah Papali’i.

However, it remains to be seen if those two stars can spark the misfiring merger club’s pack who have been disappointing in seasons gone by.

Alex Twal is set to return at prop after suffering two concussions within three games which saw him sidelined since Round 15.

Joe Ofahengaue played lock for majority of the season and after Jackson Hastings’ departure will likely wear the No.13 jersey once again.

Meanwhile, young gun Shawn Blore, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in pre-season, could line-up in the backrow if the Tigers miss out on former Raiders gun John Bateman.

Bateman has been heavily linked to a move back to Australia, while Eels outcast Nathan Brown could also return to Leichhardt.

Add in rising stars Fonua Pole and Stefano Utoikamanu off the bench and the Tigers will likely improve in 2023.

Our pack is easily better then 13th

Tigerm

First Grade

I think it will be a really good environment to work in with a coaching staff that has so much experience and knowledge."

I guess, better than his last comments about us.😜

BrotherJim05

Bench
Klemmer will be excellent for us. We need someone who can get the forwards fired up and ready to kill...I think he will bring this.

Good to see Talau back but honestly what is his position? Does anyone know what position he primarily played before his FG debut?

Latest posts