What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Pazza

First Grade
Yep…..it’s all about squad balance….pay moses $1.4m and we potentially have this:

3. Simonson
6. Drown
7. moses
11. Murchie/doorey

or for similar money we could try:

3. Young $650k (or plays fullback)
6. Drown
7. JA/Sanders/Gutho
12. Fifita $850k

Is option 1 better then option 2 because it has Moses? I say option 2 is a better balanced sided….with 2 players who are potentially genuine x-factor players we don’t have.

not saying option 2 is the path we should necessarily follow but just an example of how losing Moses can improve other spots and offset him leaving….

Option 1 please

Option 2 screams of every other shit team in the comp.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yep…..it’s all about squad balance….pay moses $1.4m and we potentially have this:

3. Simonson
6. Drown
7. moses
11. Murchie/doorey

or for similar money we could try:

3. Young $650k (or plays fullback)
6. Drown
7. JA/Sanders/Gutho
12. Fifita $850k

Is option 1 better then option 2 because it has Moses? I say option 2 is a better balanced sided….with 2 players who are potentially genuine x-factor players we don’t have.

not saying option 2 is the path we should necessarily follow but just an example of how losing Moses can improve other spots and offset him leaving….

Moses on 2 million is better value than Fifita on 850k

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Moses on 2 million is better value than Fifita on 850k
Maybe/maybe not, I was just using it as an example of what $1.4 m could add to our squad to offset Moses leaving..

it could have been a young / …or Sloan or Lomax…

Anyhow I wouIdnt spend $800k on a forward at this stage as I think our pack already has enough big contract players….

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Maybe/maybe not, I was just using it as an example of what $1.4 m could add to our squad to offset Moses leaving..

it could have been a young / …or Sloan or Lomax…

Anyhow I wouIdnt spend $800k on a forward at this stage as I think our pack already has enough big contract players….

Alternatively look at how Moses uses his second-rower, he makes them look better with the angles they're able to run off him. We can go with a cheaper second-rower in Doorey/Murchie because we've spent more on the half.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We should follow the Knights model lol best centre pairing in the comp
They have one of the best centres in the comp (Olam), and good money for one of the best young rep backs (Coates) in the comp…….

Sorry @Pazza quoted wrong post

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Doesn't mean Moses is worth anywhere near 1.4m to us. It would be brainless for us to be paying that kind of money and impacting our squad balance. Just because we can pay him overs does not mean that we should.

It is actually irrelevant what others clubs would pay Moses as we have already valued his worth to us; which will be reflected in our latest contract offer.
I agree 1.4 is too much, but 1.2 is fair though. It’s also irrelevant then what Munster is on because as you say, we have already valued Moses’ worth to us.

Cloeel

Juniors
I agree 1.4 is too much, but 1.2 is fair though. It’s also irrelevant then what Munster is on because as you say, we have already valued Moses’ worth to us.

I was talking in terms of what our value would be for Moses in comparison to what his market value could potentially be - using Munster as an example.