What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

MugaB

Coach
and thats the point, they cant agree to the cap in isolation of the rest of it. I thought Wade sounded very sensible in that they may be willing to forgo cap in order to pay for things like increasing the end of career transition payment and being looked after medically post playing, as the cap increase generally mainly benefits just the top of the tree and they wanted to see everyone looked after.
Yeah no shit, he only has maybe one year left to go, he already has issues with a fair amount of injuries last season, should be asking a guy like Sean O'Sullivan or Suni Turuva what they would rather... wade is forgoing their payrises, coz he wants extra demands ontop of the record payment

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is people's business though, Shouldn't members know who is going to be in the squad before they decide to renew?

Read the release again it clearly states the CBA talks are ongoing and just the cap had been sorted.

As for length of time, I don't think the Communication is the best, Nothing I heard from Graham led me to think otherwise.

There should be clear guidelines from both sides as to what they want, I don't see that happening. So both sides are blindly drafting a CBA that is inadequate
No, anymore than I should know what Coles employees are negotiating in their CBA because I buy my shopping there. We are customers of an end product, the details of what employees get are none of our business.

Which release? Didnt you understand what Wade was saying? You cant agree the cap in isolation of everything else, his words exactly.

haha, there's an understatement! Like I said before this commission led by Pistol pete have a terrible track record of negotiating. Then we get News ltd printing stories like this, please! (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/092f30df64b6da5c86d7f7ef647e8306)

I very much doubt that, I am very sure the RLPA has presented exactly what they want. What the ARLC is prepared to give them in that is now where the delay lies. It takes two to tango but if I have to pick a side I'm picking the side of the 800 or so employees who are responsible for delivering the product that generates $1billion a year for the NRL and its clubs. If the NRL can find a 67% increase for club grant funding then it can bloody well find it for the players.

Pneuma

First Grade
He is who I blame for the RLPA not having clear objectives
Agreed. I couldn’t care less about the claims by the male players. I would like to think the women players will be appropriately supported through this agreement though. That’s where player growth will be and we need the best supported women’s comp we can get.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah no shit, he only has maybe one year left to go, he already has issues with a fair amount of injuries last season, should be asking a guy like Sean O'Sullivan or Suni Turuva what they would rather... wade is forgoing their payrises, coz he wants extra demands ontop of the record payment
you seem to have missed his point, increase in the cap benefits the top 10% the most, increasing the transition out fund and medical injury fund benefits every player equally. Seemed a fair point to me.

MugaB

Coach
you seem to have missed his point, increase in the cap benefits the top 10% the most, increasing the transition out fund and medical injury fund benefits every player equally. Seemed a fair point to me.
It also benefits the lower standard players too, who aren't near the end of their career

Perth Red

Post Whore
It also benefits the lower standard players too, who aren't near the end of their career
Only those on min wage, and its long overdue to see that min payment level increase.
If you don't think the majority of the cap increase is going to go to the top 6 or 7 players in the squad then you're kidding yourself.

MugaB

Coach
Only those on min wage, and its long overdue to see that min payment level increase.
If you don't think the majority of the cap increase is going to go to the top 6 or 7 players in the squad then you're kidding yourself.
I don't care, if they worm in these demands, at the expense of the lower minimum wagers at any percentage other than what they are now getting, then the RLPA has failed them, and you can blame wade and all these well off reps for it

Iamback

Coach
Agreed. I couldn’t care less about the claims by the male players. I would like to think the women players will be appropriately supported through this agreement though. That’s where player growth will be and we need the best supported women’s comp we can get.

They should be done seperately and would have one by now

Pneuma

First Grade
Well I’m sitting here in Hobart watching the news and on comes an item about US players offering to play in the NRL if there is a strike. If nothing else, this charade is playing out nicely through the news cycle!

Frailty

First Grade
You mean the media that has constantly blown smoke up PVL’s ass because he gave them a nice discount and ensures they get private suites at the races has constantly provided a very pro-NRL admin slant on their articles? No way!

Pneuma

First Grade
You mean the media that has constantly blown smoke up PVL’s ass because he gave them a nice discount and ensures they get private suites at the races has constantly provided a very pro-NRL admin slant on their articles? No way!
Not really. I just think it’s humorous that the US comp of 160 players, which will fold like all its predecessors, is getting this much coverage for what is, for all intents and purposes, a ridiculous idea!

Perth Red

Post Whore
No issue there but come up with your objectives to get the outcome sooner
You honestly think they haven't? After 14 months?
Whats much more likely is the NRl doesnt want to/doesnt feel able to meet their objectives hence the negotiations underway. Why its taken 14 months is the real question. Other NRl leaders have managed to get the deal done in the year before the season started. Like I said clubs got a 67% increase, I wonder why they got such a massive increase so quickly, nothing to do with having the power to get rid of the commissioners I suppose?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't care, if they worm in these demands, at the expense of the lower minimum wagers at any percentage other than what they are now getting, then the RLPA has failed them, and you can blame wade and all these well off reps for it
Literally no one has suggested that is what they are asking for lol. In fact Graham was quite the opposite. Suggest you watch the interview.

Latest posts