What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
After this year Moses' level of importance to the Parramatta side decreases.

The issue is with his new deal; financially he will be getting more (of our cap share) with a declining value as a contributor to the success of the team. This reduction in value will continue for the duration of his next contract.

Moses' kicking game accounts for a large chunk of his skillset that contributes positively to the team week in week out. As his kicking game decreases with age; the less positive impact he will have.

Do we really want to be investing more $$$ into a depreciating asset?
Offsetting that is better judgement, better team management and experience in general producing a better all round player. and

Glenneel

Bench
You have the sums all wrong. I expect better from you.
I'm not angry about your work, just disappointed.

1/2 to 5/8 to 3/4 to Full.

The playmaker traditionally is the lower fraction. So the idea is to have a lower total number for greater playmaking.
That is why the traditional running 5/8 role was replaced with the desire for a second half (split halves) and the traditional backup fullback plays more like a 5/8 (second receiver)

A team with two 5/8s and a backup style fullback is 2 and a quarter.
That is poor.
The goal is two halves and a 5/8, or 1 and 5/8s.

Many teams get stuck with two 5/8s and a half. Some lucky teams get to three halves.
Who are you? f**kin' Einstein?

Pazza

First Grade
After this year Moses' level of importance to the Parramatta side decreases.

The issue is with his new deal; financially he will be getting more (of our cap share) with a declining value as a contributor to the success of the team. This reduction in value will continue for the duration of his next contract.

Moses' kicking game accounts for a large chunk of his skillset that contributes positively to the team week in week out. As his kicking game decreases with age; the less positive impact he will have.

Do we really want to be investing more $$$ into a depreciating asset?

What does age have to do with kicking????

hindy111

Post Whore
W

Was he ever fighting Gus off or just milking parra for every cent he could.it worked

I wouldn't believe media talk. My mail was he was never leaving and just sorting out what's a fair deal. But a mate does reckon he was seen with Gus and Cameron. Who knows what is true.
Gus also has a reputation of being lose with the axe. You'd imagine players would be slightly wary of him and his 5yr deals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Interesting the Dogs want to try Perham at Fullback. I felt he should of been used as a utility here in NRL.
They must see something in him. I felt he is a bit loose and will make costly errors at bad times. Unsure his defense will be good enough either. Attack wise he will be dangerous

Smartman

Juniors
I wouldn't believe media talk. My mail was he was never leaving and just sorting out what's a fair deal. But a mate does reckon he was seen with Gus and Cameron. Who knows what is true.
Gus also has a reputation of being lose with the axe. You'd imagine players would be slightly wary of him and his 5yr deals.
Gus will never approach a player if he genuinely believes that player won’t leave his current club.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interesting the Dogs want to try Perham at Fullback. I felt he should of been used as a utility here in NRL.

They must see something in him. I felt he is a bit loose and will make costly errors at bad times. Unsure his defense will be good enough either. Attack wise he will be dangerous
Yeah we already had a utility. So Hayze was never a chance.

He did a solid job for us last season on the wing considering he wasn't a winger. He didn't drop a crucial bomb from memory. Suaalii making him step ladder in magic round wasn't hayze fault just Suaalii a special talent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And I'm not saying Suaalii isn't a special talent. Just that jumping over Hayze Perham doesn't prove anything. I'm deadset 5'3" and I reckon I could out jump him.