What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Apey

Staff member
If Dom leaves I'll eagerly await the justifications for why it was yet another astute move from the famously well managed Newcastle knights.

Hope we can keep him. It looks like the Bulldogs have borrowed the salary cap sombrero from the Roosters.
But if we lose him maybe I can finally grow the stones not to keep giving the club my money?

Spot On

Coach
Best to leave Precious to just coast & occasionally do something, but just in attack in open space. No taking on the line for Superstar & definitely no defending, he might hurt himself! Heaven forbid.

Nail on the head.

This is exactly what fans have come to think of him.

Can't shirk it at 6.... surely.

Farkin' lol if he does.

macavity

Referee
Tedesco is all effort, energy and ADHD running. He's effective because he is everywhere and very hard to stop in contact

Ponga is a very different style player. Not sure if want him to play the way Teddy does

Not same style, but could have the same impact on a game. He is a bigger Lockyer or prime Benji, if he wants to be. Hell, would settle for him being our Munster if he had some mongrel.

Spot On

Coach
Not same style, but could have the same impact on a game. He is a bigger Lockyer or prime Benji, if he wants to be. Hell, would settle for him being our Munster if he had some mongrel.

"...if he wants to be.'

And therein lies the problem.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Yes, hence saying it.

No one could argue he is not immensely talented and physically gifted.

He needs to be more of a prick. A lot more of a prick.
KP? I don’t know if people follow his socials but his arms are about twice the size of last year. He has bulked up like a boss.

Yep, the last thing we need is for our marquee player to rely on effort and energy.
Not what I meant mate

KP is more selective sure but his strength is his ball play and elusiveness with his running. I'd like to see his involvement go up like everyone else but that doesn't seem to be an issue when he plays rep. It's like he and the team are coached differently....

Jono078

Referee
Kade Dykes just did his ACL. I shit you not. Hope that ink is dry on the contract.
I’m not sure who that is but it’s funny in a way…

Hear me out, I’m not a sicko…

I saw this on Twitter just yesterday and I thought “well, we’re definitely due now…”

Burwood

Bench
Dykes is the young gun pushing for the fullback spot with Kennedy at Cronulla. He's the reason that they were happy to release Miller to us.

Poor Cronulla- that is some shit Newcastlesque luck right there. I would have had money on one of the Saifitis missing the season with injury after we let Bradbury go, although I guess there’s still plenty of time for that to happen.

aqua_duck

Coach
Our Ball and Flegg sides are stacked with talent, they'll be coming through from 2024 onwards if they are handled right (Big if i know, i know)

We may not see it now but my view is the club is at least attempting to follow the Penrith model of focusing on juniors. The latest recruitment drive has a "These guys will fill the gap until we can get these young fellas through" feel to it and its probably the only way forward for the club given its disadvantages against the big Sydney clubs.

Penrith and Canberra were in a very similar positions 5 years ago and both rebuilt using this model
Bradbury was easily the pick of the middles coming through. The issue is the short sightedness of the club

cb4

First Grade
Dykes is the young gun pushing for the fullback spot with Kennedy at Cronulla. He's the reason that they were happy to release Miller to us.

Poor Cronulla- that is some shit Newcastlesque luck right there. I would have had money on one of the Saifitis missing the season with injury after we let Bradbury go, although I guess there’s still plenty of time for that to happen.
Terrible timing.
Like in 2021 when our officials were in Wollongong negotiating an early release for Cam McInnes, and whilst watching him train, he did his ACL.

On Miller, solid player and at 28 with 5 games to his name and dropping down our pecking order, we really couldn't stand in his way. One position we are light on for the now and the future is Prop, and Fitz has addressed this in the off season.
Miller will quickly become a fan favourite if he is given a consistent run of games. You got a good player and a good person.

Bradbury was easily the pick of the middles coming through. The issue is the short sightedness of the club
Im sure he was and it sucks to lose good prospects

Thing is, the middle is where we have our youngest group of 1st graders right now so a guy like Bradbury would have been fighting for a spot and the club needs other positions sured up, hooker and the halves especially.

If we traded a good young hooker, half or outside back for Miller I'd be far more worried

Latest posts